Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

Terry

Shanna your loving this up aren't you. Come on write Paris a letter like Candy did. lmao

Finally exposed - shes a wierdo

Yeah, that previous post was dead on. What is a dumbass like pair-ASS doing at the MTV MOVIE awards? As far as I know, the only movie she made that anyone knows the title to is "A Night in Paris" where she has sex for 30 minutes. I thought they were giving awards to actresses who had the slightest bit of talent...

HEIL

this girl has guts.
I am surprised that some of you beat on her so much
because to french people she shows one of the best quality that we admire in you american people : dignity in adversity. I don't really appreciate her but in france, we say "CHAPEAU BAS".

yoanna

I would hate to be in her place right now. Being dissed in public on mtv like that. I don't even like her but I kinda felt a little bad for her. Anyway I wonder how things are going now. I hear they wear really gross granny panties, used, no less. Uggg! She better hope she gets out on good behavior but I think a little more time would be better.

LAME

is that Hats Off? in french?

how do you say PANTS ON?

J Doe

her sentence may be than 23 says ..and then the hiltons,her lawyer are hiding her out somewhere to make the public think she's serving her time in the jail.

it all could be a staged act for the camera's

confused

I just don't understand all this??!!??!@#$%^&
If this is such a sad emotional time for the Hiltons...
Why the hellz is ALL the car windows conveniently rolled for the camera and stopped perfectley for the camera to have a shot of the Hiltons and then pan to the twin towers??? I just don't understand the Hiltons......is this all for public show of sympathy....I don't think they will get any.

Finally exposed - shes a wierdo

Hey, hilton's been acting like a total brain dead stuck up dumbass for years. Now she knows that EVERYONE knows it's not an act...

culturelady

The whole country should be freakin' outraged by this public display of a criminal whining her butt off because she has to do what any other citizen in the US would have to if they pulled a stunt like that - only problem is that we'd all have to do double time or more.....it is sickening tome that she is getting away with murder, will be in solitary, will write a book (if she's in solitary what the hell can she write? it's not like anyone can attack the b*tch). She will have 23 days of nice and cushy and her disgusting parents probably figured how some way (money money money) to sneak filet mignon into the cell....this is all a damn joke and she will probably be out tomorrow morning!

married with children

Sarah S. was not one bit funny! All she does is talk trash and everyone just laughs and laughs. I think too many people are just way too jealous of her. Even if she really turned her life around, nobody would acknowledge it. I bet the most of you posting here have done way worse, but that's okay what goes around comes around. I wonder if you will be laughing then.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

This letter was e-mailed to Viacom and MTV Networks 2 minutes ago:

You people at Viacom are absolutely repulsive to allow such trash like Sarah Silverman to host the Movie Awards and say such tasteless and vile jokes about Paris Hilton. How dare you people endorse such deplorable behavior towards a person down on their luck. It figures, after your wonderful display of Janet Jackson's breast at the Super Bowl Half Time Show that the FCC fined you people for...a staged scandal that ALL OF YOU WERE IN ON AT VIACOM AND MTV NETWORKS! Shame on you!

Shame on Sumner Redstone for allowing this all to transpire under his watchful eye!

This company is even worse than when I was an employee a few years back and it keeps getting worse by the second. You people should really be ashamed of yourselves. MTV has become a joke of a network, with TRL not even live anymore and moving to a time slot (1pm) set up for soap opera addicts, housewives and the elderly, I think TRL is on its way to being canceled in my opinion. Let's not forget the endless slew of crappy reality shows and reruns of VH1 and CW shows like Top Model and Charm School. CORNY! Get your own shows and play some MUSIC VIDEOS FOR A CHANGE hence the name MUSIC TELEVISION. You people are ridiculous at MTV and VIACOM....I AM SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I DONT WORK THERE ANYMORE. I WOULD BE SO ASHAMED TO TELL PEOPLE WHERE I WORKED IF I WAS STILL THERE WITH YOU PEOPLE BECAUSE OFTHE WAY YOUR COMPANY HAS BECOME.

SHAME ON YOU MTV AND VIACOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christine

maybe this little vacation will make her think and change her ways.yea right. she will most likely make a movie out of this stint.she can play herself.i wonder if they will let her have visitors.maybe on her way there she should have stop by and pick up lindsay,nichole and britney.what a hoot

Stephanie

About time she serves her sentence ,But why the special Treatment , They need to put her ass with everyone else .....Do the crime Do the TIME..................

married with children

I agree with you, "mad at u".
All I hear is how untalented Paris is. Bull! She is pretty, she is talented, she has a nice singing voice, she has done modeling, she writes books, how many seasons of the SimpleLife? She has earned her celebrity status, no matter what the media and you jealous people out there say. At least she is trying to make a living. Probably half of you are sitting on your rear ends doing nothing but envying her. She'll come thru this, don't you think not, and come back stronger than ever. So, knock it off, and grow up!

bob

SHAME ON YOU MTV AND VIACOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!