Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

charisse russell

paris hilton needs to learn a lesson.she is the heiress to the hilton empire but does not carry herself in a professional manner.not because you are a famous person means that you are above the law and you can do whatever you like.money does not always buy your way out of situations,it didnt this time,so you know what to all those celebs who think they are above the law think again,this should be a wake up call.paris i hope you learn a lesson and grow up.jail will make you or break you!

ser

Hopefully Paris will do what she commented about what she will do in prison. I know I have made some bad choices and he who has not in this life time cast the first stone. I think she is one brave young woman willing to take responsibility for her decisions. I aplaud her parents for allowing her to do so. Good luck in the future and hopefully you will take this experience as a learning one.

Kay Tafoya

Let he who is free from sin, cast the first stone........

Paris deserves some compassion and prayer. Pray that she learns from this and helps others by her acceptance of responsibility.

Omar Paklamis

FOLKS YOU WILL HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT, PARIS HILTON PHOTOS IN JAIL AND BRAD PITA IS THE FIRST TO HAVE THE SHOTS OF HER FIRST DAY!!!
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

Dan

Seems Paris is still getting special treatment.
If it were the regular guy/girl, they would be in the general population and take the abuse. Just because someone isn't famous doesn't mean they don't suffer abuse.
Paris still won't understand the true feeling of being behind bars.
Let's just hope she learns some humility quickly and doesn't forget it.

Foxy_Brown

C'mon! She should have done some community service, instead!

...." Oh-oh-oh Paris! Release Paris!
What has she done to you? Release Paris!
If there's justice in the world,
it would free my little girl.
Oh-oh-oh Paris! Release Paris!..."*

*taken from the Release Paris song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ2VKxqD_yQ

Donna-Ann L. Pelletier

I'm by no means a fan, but I wish you luck and know you are not a criminal. Many of hose who put people behind bars need to check themselves.

leah

all i can say is that she is human being like evrybody else. no one goes to jail for traffic violation NIcky Hilton. but paris violated probabtion. she needs to be repremanded but people should consider the fact that she has feelings. people are nicer to dogs and MURDERERS than they are to PAris. Control ur self hate. Paris has done nothing to you.

"keepin it real"

u notice u barely hear anyting from any of her other siblings who come from the same money as she does yet there smart enough not to parade around hollywood using there parents name just to get into vip at a club ha i am still trying to figure out when and how this girl actually got dragged into the public eye as a "celebrity" and the only conclusion i can come up with is the massive amounts of dudes she banged im pretty sure if ur an A list to a D list celebrity of any kind and can stay in the bar till closing ull be lucky enough to tap that ass too .. but not for nothing id love to do nothing but look pretty and party all day and night .. jail or not id trade places with her anytime .. gimme that jail cell.. 30 days in jail and a lifetime of no worries .. please shes gettin off easy .. jail to her would be gettin a 9-5 like everyone else now thats jailtime

ELJimbo

Ladies and Gentlemen,
It saddens me to see that some take glee in this event. I personally do not like Paris Hilton. However. We all are granted equal protection under the law via the Constitution. If you are going to take glee, Take it at the fact that, In this case, No one is above the law. She did the crime, Now she is doing the time. I think that should be enough. Don't you? In taking glee in anyones personal disasters, You are demeaning yourself. Let us just hope that she will learn from this and be a better person. If not? THEN you can say the hell with her.

so what

hypocrits, why should any of you care what happens to this girl?

So what if shes rich and famous and gets special treatement. dont most of you americans like that? doesnt america in general get special treatment in many of the world policy no matter how much you direspect them?

you are all alike, the only difference is that shes got more money than you. losers.

MeLiSsA

hopefully when she gets out, she will enlighten us with another ingenious book.

anne

i wish her well
she is love by her fans
pray God will watch after her
and keep her safe
your in my prayers
anne

Clinton

It's also been reported that Paris already had to have a visit from her psychiatrist. She doesn't even have enough personal strength of character to pick HERSELF up from the doldrums. Maybe all this will give her the chance to acquire a backbone

Katt Lohan

Su vida es demasiado fácil por eso la dificulta.
Su vida está demasiado vacia que la llena con mierdas.
Su vida es tan espectacular que la convierte en un cuento de adas borrachas, drogadictas y tristes.
Señorita Hilton, haga de recepcionista en uno de los hoteles de su papi o haga de limpiadora...vera usted como su vida recupera sentido, alegria, amor...y todas esas cosas...
Si no sabes que es ser recepcionista o limpiadora, por favor dedicate a buscar en un diccionario(libro con definiciones de palabras)

Previous 15 Comments | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments