Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

Edison Farrow

"HELP PARIS ESCAPE"

Have you seen this video AMAZING!!! FUNNY!!!

sweetbees

Oh man!! What the heck?!! Tell me why shouldn't Paris have to do the same time for the same crime as any other Joe on the street?!! Money isn't everything and shouldn't be able to buy you out of being STUPID and breaking the law!! She deserves this jail time. Kudos to the judge!!

Kesha

I feel like this will set an good example for all other stars who think they can get away with anything they want, but at the same time we should not be happy about ANYONE going to jail. That is not something we should rejoice in she is human just like the rest of us and I wish her the best and pray for her saftey.

anthrx

ITS GONNA BE A LOOOOOOOOONG, LOOOOOOOOOONG NIGHT!

ENJOY YOUR TIME TO "THINK" LITTLE GIRL.

LET ME KNOW HOW NICE THE FOOD IS AND HOW MUCH FUN IT IS TO WAIT FOR THAT 1 HOUR OUT- ISN'T LOCK DOWN NICE!!!!

WHERE IS YOUR DADDY'S MONEY NOW?

eddie

I am so sorry of all these people who i bet that they are so poor and so jealous of Paris.....good luck in your miserable life....

Crapola

Just because she's got a buttload of money that bitch gets out of jail after only 3 days!! What a bunch of hooey that is! If she were black and poor she'd get lost in there. I am appalled to be from California! I am appalled that the system is so prejudice. I am appalled period!

Resedeh

I THINK SHE IS
SAD....JUST VERY SAD!!!!!

Tweety Bird

BrooklynOhio the reason why Paris is berated is because she commited a crime for which the law says she is past due paying recompense to society and this would be... jail time. The fact that she could get away with what the average person goes through is where the problem is. She seeks out coverage to be seen for what she believes is her beauty, which she once had. Now when looking at her with her actions of flaunting the law etc. it is hard to see an appealing looking individual. Spoiled brat with a tarnished midas touch which ends up that all associated with her do not care about their own dignity...but somehow she comes out 'on top' and above the law. If she wasn't in the news most of us would have never heard about her but there she is plastered everywhere and in a program that belittles some who are in it ....the average Joe. If she could only do the right thing...become a model citizen...have care and concern for others....make others proud and not cringe at her non- achievements then maybe you would read comments supporting her. Many have dropped the ball here. And like Marie Antoinette said 'let them eat cake.' and then thank the little people and all 'my peeps' and go on setting her role model from 'duhville'. She was in a position to kill or maime innocent people that might be yours or mine or maybe me or you....the law is put in place to protect us and if the laws are flaunted with among other offenses.... which clearly she did after a warning then threre are consequences to pay.

pariswannabe86

Paris does not deserve to go prison it is a waste of the government's money. Catch criminals like baby/child killers, peadophiles. Don't go for defenceless celebs who make silly mistakes. They are human after all.

Tweety Bird

The time for her 2 b scard was before the violation of the law occured then she wouldn't b in the mess she's in. A trained conscience is a beautiful thing!

dj-leonchi

oooohh no please no more send her to jail . i gonna cry ,,, mmmmm awsome kool paris coming out sooonn G-UNOT

dj-leonchi

PARIS YOUR SO HOT I THINK SHES KOOLL AWSOME KOOOLLLLL GGGGGGGGGGG-UNOT

wrestlinggod

I'm not a paris supporter, but I do feel bad for her. I think that the judicial system is being a bit vicious to her compared to everywhere else. I hope the best for her, and I hope that she learns from this honestly, and I think she really has.

Karen

If I break the law, I go to jail & I do my time. Paris Hilton is no better than me or anyone else in this world. She has more money, thats it. She broke the law & now she is in jail. Instead of whining, she should use this time is actually realize how the real world lives ( no this is not a TV program, its real life) . When you place yourself on a pedestal it is going to get kicked out from under you sooner or later & its a long way to fall. Paris is where she sould be....paying for her crime. Maybe now she will realize that she has to follow the rules like the rest of us

Alpine Ca.

If you let her have problems she'll have problems...If she has a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist she can't think for herself or reason out her own problems...She didn't have her medication...Since when is COCAINE medication?

Previous 15 Comments | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments