Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

Previous 15 Comments | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44

dmx

I hope she has learned some important things. I hope she comes out of there 23 days later as a wiser woman. I don't for a moment believe they are treating her as badly as they treat regular inmates who are not rich or famous. The jail, law enforcement, judicial system, whoever says she is treated exactly like a nobody prisoner, are lying. I believe she is being coddled a bit and given "special" privileges. But I don't wish her to suffer harm, just to see her learn a valuable lesson and become a warm, wise, compassionate adult woman. It might help her to do that too, if her parents would quit teaching her that wealth makes her better than other people.

whatever4

MTV was Right On !

"the industry" can't stand her any more than the general public, worldwide.

Globally, everyone sees her as the waste of space & oxygen that she is.

It was PERFECT to see her sitting there having to listen to people dissing her to her face like she's done to COUNTLESS others. Thanks Sarah!! It was worth a million bucks to watch.

Now go away Parasite - along w/your similarly-useless, high-school-mentality-clique.

EZ duz it

look, i'm not a paris hilton fan by any stretch. but letting someone out of jail and then sending them back? that is just wrong no matter who you are. and now they are making her serve the entire 45 day sentance. why? she didn't escape, they let her out. as someone who has been in jail, let me tell u that if they offer to let you out, even if the reason doesn't make sense, u don't say no. only in cali could this happen. i never thought i'd say this, but FREE PARIS HILTON!!!

nitemaredreams

Paris.....................just get it over with and don't drink and drive anymore!!!! I had a prior dui arrest, well, several, and did 9 months so it COULD BE WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH! I SOLD my car when i got out just to MAKE SURE i would NEVER drink and drive again!!!!!

b

they are treating her like she's a toy. i dont think she deserves this, maybe a little slap on the wrist..a fine or what not, but not a jail sentence, then being told to leave then sending her back. i wouldnt even try to imagine the emotions she going through.they're throwing her around like a rag doll. hopefully she puts this experience in to good use. its stupid that everyone is judging her precisely from what they see in the media.

Previous 15 Comments | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44