Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Karrie you are pathetic and A LOSER go back and get an education ghetto trash trailer park princess

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Karrie is A LOSER like Donald Trump said about Rosie O Donnell...Karrie is unattractive and fat and not a smart woman

Karen

I HOPE YOU ROTT IN THERE!!!!!!!!! AND TAKE OFF THOSE UGLY GLASSES THAT ARE WAY TOO BIG FOR YOUR UGLY BIG NOSE FACE!!!!!!!!!

Clinton

"DOTH" is losing her mind again, either that or she's 12.

nadia

#118, are you aware of the fact that even people OUTSIDE of the US have internet and can leave comments? No I'm not American, and I don't live in the US either. Like most of the people on this planet. Duh.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

No Karrie, this is actually the GORGEOUS LOVELY STUNNING Kim Kardashian you INBRED TRASHY STD FACTORY KARRIE

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Shut up Lee go walk in front of a moving bus or something useful like that

Clinton

Everybody, do society a favor, let's all IGNORE this "DOTH" person. She's nothing but a foul-mouthed, drama queen, like her idol, Paris. Just let her comments die along with her lack of intelligence.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Ylva, Go back to your country and stay there !!!!!!!!we have enough problems worrying whats going on here without more non US people putting our safety and security in jeopardy as citizens

Clinton

Lee, I completely agree. "DOTH" obviously has some problems.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Lee, you have psychological problems that are severe and in need of a lifelong series of multiple psychotropic medications to treat your very serious mental illness

rot in hell psycho hater

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Psycho haters like LEE AND KERRIE AND RA need to be placed in a maximum security lockdown mental health facility

nadia

129, what part of "I don't live in the US" do you not understand? Since when is the internet US territory?? Amazing how you guys are so obsessed with your so called "safety and security" that you think the whole world gravitates around you. Do you have to live in the US to read celebrity gossips? Newsflash, even here in Europe there are pathetic people like the two of us that have nothing better to do than to leave comments about Paris Hilton in TMZ. I know, I have no life. And neither do you obviously.

Clinton

Yeah, you're right about "DOTH", Lee. We shouldn't pick on the mentally challenged and personality deficient. I'll skip her posts, too.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Stop hating, Ylva!