Shemar Moore DUI -- The Young & Arrested

6/4/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that actor Shemar Moore was arrested early Friday morning on suspicion of DUI in Los Angeles.

According to the CHP arrest report obtained by TMZ, the former "Young and the Restless" star was pulled over after officers noticed the actor speeding near Santa Monica Blvd. at 1:30 AM. After he was stopped, cops reported that Moore "displayed signs of alcohol impairment and a DUI investigation was conducted." Moore was then arrested and transported to a nearby station, where he took a breath test and was later booked.

Moore, who currently stars in "Criminal Minds," was released a few hours later on $5000 bail.

Calls to Moore's rep were not immediately returned.

Celeb mugshots gallery: click to launch gallery

Related

Document

The Arrest Report

Leelee

damn...and he was on the way to my house!! lol

deb

i love this man yummy

Lishia

This is such a shame. He was once my favorite hunk in hollywood but he is now dropped off the list. And to the dummies who have to resort to drinking at home, probably alone, it's called a taxi, if you drink and are out, call one. It's not that simple, but I guess all of the drinking has killed a few brain cells.

Gloria Picchetti

This is why I never worry about Hollywood creating another Ronald Reagon. Everyone there is just way too messed up. They cannot even drive let alone develope the gritty, cowboy image.

jollyrancher

He is one sexy man. But this just shows that even the ones you think are level headed and down to earth make HUGE mistakes..like Ty!!! Hire a driver, you have the $$. Or don't go out and drink then get behind a wheel. I swear these celebs!

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

NO ONE SHOULD DRINK and then drive if they have had one too many. Get a friend todrive. Drive a friend who is a drinker. Celebs cna hire a driver/limo or car service.

addison

#15

SHUT YOUR RACIST ASS UP.
SHEMAR IS HOT , TOO BAD HE HAD TO SPEND THE NIGHT IN JAIL, I WOULD HAVE KEPT HIM IN MY CUSTODY OVER THE NIGHT

chopchop

elyce: I think people like "Kay" come here to spew their racial rants to get everyone worked up!!!! I've noticed that alot on here. I think everyone should just ignore "Kay" and the other uneducated idiots!!! It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and type racial slurs isn't it Kay??!! You're so brave!!!

Anna

He was not actually driving reckless. He got caught speeding and they smelled alcohol on his person and "let the tests begin".

R U Kidding Me?

Shemar Moore arrested for DUI? What's going on? All of a sudden people are getting "caught"? I have a suspicion that TMZ is following these people to the parties, then reporting them to the police when they see them drive away so that they can be there to snap the picture and make money.

Oh well, at least it's one less car collision waiting to happen!

I can hardly wait to see Shemar's mug shot though... you know he gonna be fine!

monique

Delores is obviously uneducated and incapable of making sensible comments on the subject. Therefore, she resorts to tired racist rhetoric.

OhMy!

True, he should NOTt have been driving. Unlike Parasite, this one truly IS "too pretty to go to jail". I'd llike to offer he be sentenced to an ankle bracelet and do his time at my house.

kathy

#13 ..... i am also shocked ! not that shamar was drunk but that such a sophisticated, respectable guy would drink drunk...you know it can't have been his first time - thank god , no one, including his beautiful self was hurt,...i know how he loves his mom so much ... maybe the embarrassment and disappointment he is causing her now will make him think the next time and call that taxi or whatever he needs to do....

monique

Gisele, I agree that Delores is ignorant and lacks home training, but does she really have to be a slut, too? LOL!

Missy

Shemar is reportedly gay and I believe it as I have never known him to be linked romantically to a woman -- other than in the movies -- for the past 10 years. You would think that a brotha as fine as him would be photographed at SOME time in the past 10 with a lady -- not so. Sorry, ladies!