Damon Courts Death in Manhattan

6/5/2007 10:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matt Damon, we know from "The Bourne Identity" and the like, has his daredevil side. What we didn't realize was that he has a full death wish -- which he revealed yesterday by traipsing through midtown Manhattan in a Boston Red Sox shirt.

The "Ocean's 13" star tempted fate -- and the murderous ire of Yankees fans -- by standing in full view of cameras and the public, brazenly signing autographs outside the Ed Sullivan Theater, where he was about to tape an appearance on "The Late Show with David Letterman."

And what was that? Oh, right -- Ashley Judd scampering into Dave's studio with a dog on a leash and her Indy 500-winning husband Dario Franchitti.

Red Sox Fan

I knew I loved Matt Damon!

Dottie

Hell yeah, i'd do him.

TRACKER

MATT DAMON "WE LOVE YOU" JOHNNY DAMON "LOSERRRRRRR" MATT YOU WERE SOOOO FUNNY ON LETTERMAN ESPECIALLY THE BOSTON 2 TEAM JOKE! ...............M

Jenna

I knew the boy was smart and good looking!

Jennifa O Jenny

TMZ must be confused. Only Red Sox fans in Boston care enough to hastle a Yankees fan wearing Yankee gear in their town. Yankee fans in NYC don't care enough to hastle Red Sox Fans.

THE QUEER OF ALL MEDIA

go to THE QUEER OF ALL MEDIA WEBSITE FOR THE MOST COMPLET PHOTO COVERAGE OF THE BLOGS

Papa Bear

Matt Damon is a true celebrity...signing autographs for the fans who waited to see him..

ASHLEY JUDD is just a plain BITCH! She walked by everyone like they were scum beneath her feet! Her fake ass, winning because of rain husband only signed one auto on the left and one on the right just for show...they deserve each other!

Debra

I don't like Matt at all. However; I am a big Red Sox fan...so okay, I'll watch his next movie just to support his love of the Sox.

R.C.

He's o.k. in my view. Ever since he was on "Will and Grace", where he played a "straight guy playing a gay guy" in the gay chorus, he's all right. He's one of those A-listers who is famous, but doesn't let it go to his head. Matt Damon will be one of the enduring actors. RC in Austin, Texas..

pauliev

And the other two people in that clip are?

Jean Coughlin

I saw Damon on Letterman last night and thought him very funny. I also think he's a great actor who still has a sense of humor about himself and the world. I think he makes interesting choices in his acting roles and can't wait to see the next Bourne movie.

I'm glad his Sox finally won the World Series-and he already has an Oscar, I believe for original screen play.

Emily

Go SOX! I would wear it too! Be true to your team and screw the
Yankees!

You know Jo reads this

#4, Exactly! NO ONE in NY gives a damn about this stupid Yankees/Red Sox feud. We/They have more important things to worry about. Bostoners AND New Englanders are the only ones who give a damn, making them look like morons.

Does TMZ or anyone else think that someone would get harrassed in NY, just for wearing a Red Sox jersey? Please.

Yankees Fan

Where's Bernard Getz when u need him ! The nerve of Matt.

meeper

His death wish isn't so pronounced. If it were the other way around, Damon in Boston with a Yankees shirt on, they would surely have hurt him! Believe it or not, Boston is more violent than New York City!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments