G.A.Y. Fan Is Enrique Iglesias' "Hero"

6/6/2007 7:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Enrique Iglesias gave a lucky fan a night to remember -- when he turned up at London's G.A.Y. nightclub on Saturday. Fierce!

The Spanish crooner pulled a same-sex fan up onstage and sang his hit ballad, "Hero," to him. While there was no man-on-man kissing, Iglesias did come up behind the fan and hug him during the number.

Just last month, Enrique sang the same song to an underage female fan at KIIS-FM's Wango Tango concert. Wonder how on-again-off-again girlfriend/wife/who-knows-what Anna Kournikova feels about all this!

Angie

I don't even know what to say about that.....
Strange.
He's playing in some small little gay club in London. Are those the only gigs he can get these days?
Clearly, he was playing up to the crowd but he looked like he was .........comfortable.

Strange. Just strange.

kathidiva

That was soooo gay. I have nothing against homosexuals however I feel that he seemed to fit right in. I do not think he was doing it to try to get more gay fans.

anonymous

I absolutely hate to see this kind of stuff. It's like he is pandering to the queers or something. Uncomfortable to watch.

Harrison

I'm cynical too, I understand the mindset that he is "pandering" to the gay crowds for attention, but come on, how many male singers are there out there today who are not only willing to perform at a gay club, but sing a love song to a male audience member? I think it's great that Enrique was there, more folks need to do things like that.

REY-noldo

Ahhhhh! That was cute!

Sean Bresnahan

It was almost heroic to have a mainstream artist reach out and acknowledge his gay audience. That was the act of a man. I have a new respect for Enrique.

johnathon

It takes a REAL man, secure in his self and his sexuality to Play to the Crowd. Clearly, he is above all the crap about being gay that seems to infiltrate so many little minds. Good for him. His wife probably admires him for being a real MAN. It doesn't make him gay - it makes him SMART and admirable. I wish him much success......

G.

Now that's a real man.

flyinskyler

I agree with ya Prince on what you said about Enrique being almost heroic in his performance at the gay club in London. Just because he connected to a part of his fan base does not make him gay. He is very comfortable with his sexuality and it showed with the performance. I think a closeted gay man would have never ever been brave enough to do what he did. It doesn't matter what he or anyone else thinks about gays, he acknowledged that they are also important to him as fans. I applaud his effort whether people want to think he was "pandering" to build gay support or not, it really doesn't matter. The fact that he reached out to a shunned part of the population makes me admire him even though I am not gay. We all have feelings and we all love music, both straight and gay.

catheadmoon

?do you enjoy electronic equipment?

Mike McEntire

Listen, love him or hate him, I think more stars should be thanking their gaylesbian fan base!

Sean Bresnahan

What Enrique did was not "pandering". He could have pleased his gay fans in any number of innocuous ways. He chose to do something stunningly ballsy and I applaud him.

zachrodz

BRAVO! Good going to a great audience pleaser! That is showing respect to your adoring fans. Great job Enrique!

plantalittlesunshine

I don't even know how to respond to this video.........he seems very comfortable in doing this with a gay fan/man and I'd definitely be worried about his own sexuality if I was his girlfriend/wife............uggggggggggggg......very daring

Sean Bresnahan

I really think Enrique broke down a barrier with his cooing to a gay audience member. It was a brilliant piece of showmanship. The gay audience should never be underestimated - just ask Cher.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments