G.A.Y. Fan Is Enrique Iglesias' "Hero"

6/6/2007 7:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Enrique Iglesias gave a lucky fan a night to remember -- when he turned up at London's G.A.Y. nightclub on Saturday. Fierce!

The Spanish crooner pulled a same-sex fan up onstage and sang his hit ballad, "Hero," to him. While there was no man-on-man kissing, Iglesias did come up behind the fan and hug him during the number.

Just last month, Enrique sang the same song to an underage female fan at KIIS-FM's Wango Tango concert. Wonder how on-again-off-again girlfriend/wife/who-knows-what Anna Kournikova feels about all this!

Marko

Wow! This was unreal. I had to pick myself up off the floor! Lucky Bas%$^D! I have always liked him and his music. Wish I was there!

P.S. #3...if anything GAY makes you uncomfortable, just dont read it or open it.

Sean Bresnahan

No. 17 has it all wrong. The homophobes and gay-bashers are usually the closet cases. I would rather have a boyfriend that is comfortable in his own skin - than some tightly-wound hater.

No legs in Texas :(

Now that's a man. Comfortable in his own skin. Ese es un macho!

Tommy

I usually don't respond to these posts, or stories etc., but I had to add my 2 cents. I recently met Enrique. It was May 4th, 2007 at the Y-100 studios in North Miami Florida. I am in some photos with him under Y-100's site. Anyhow...Enrique was super nice and quite a humble, sweet man! When I told him I was a big fan, he put his arm around me and joked, that I have no taste! HA! He was very personable. I was always a fan, but now I am a devoted fan. I happen to be gay, and my friend I was with, is a lesbian. He was very respectable as anyone should be. He is a very talented individual, but most importantly, he is a wonderful human being, who is comfortable in his own skin and knows who he is! That is a man! Thanks Enrique for being you!

stoopit

God bless you Enrique, good for you. Doesn't hurt to give your fans straight or gay attention, and gratitude for putting you where you are.

Paul

AWWWW...I'm a bi 19 yo boi and Enrque can serenade me anytime he wants. ARRRRGGHHH IM SO JEALOUS!

quassie

he is just showing a little tolerence in a sweet and funny way,to me it makes him look like a very kind, educated civilized man with a sense of humor,super cool.

Banzai

I agree that no closeted gay male would've had the courage to go sing to a gay guy in a gay club *cough* ricky m. cough* LOL just kidding. Seriously I think his wife Ana is more opened mided than you think .You go with your bad 6'2 self Enrique!!!

Roger

It is great that Enrique could play where ever his fans are and not worry about his sexuality. Would there be any discussion if he performed in a different ethnic club? Three cheers to Enrique. You are a big man.

ChicagoMark

Good for him. We bitch if someone doesn't pay attention to a segment of fans (mo's) then when they do the get all kinds of crap.

ChicagoMark
Happy Pride

Sir Patty

Hmmm...like to see BONO try THAT move! Hmmm...maybe he WILL...

Terry

When one is reduced to gigs at a gay club who cares what girlfriend/wife/who-knows-what Anna Kournikova feels about all this!
She most likely is just glad the rent got paid!

David C

I think this is the quality of a true str8 man who is confident in his own sexuality. I congratulate/support Enrique and want him to know how much the Gays appreciate him.

Roofus

He did the same thing in London,the whole thing is scripted,its a delib attempt to get him more publicity!!
He's doing this at every appearance,at same point in every show,same ''talky bit'' leading up to it

Les

This was very uplifting to watch - I don' t think his gay nor do I care if he is, here you have a guy that treats all his fans as equals! I also dont care if it might have been for "show" - it rocked either way. Loved him - kudos to him! This is how the world should be!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments