G.A.Y. Fan Is Enrique Iglesias' "Hero"

6/6/2007 7:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Enrique Iglesias gave a lucky fan a night to remember -- when he turned up at London's G.A.Y. nightclub on Saturday. Fierce!

The Spanish crooner pulled a same-sex fan up onstage and sang his hit ballad, "Hero," to him. While there was no man-on-man kissing, Iglesias did come up behind the fan and hug him during the number.

Just last month, Enrique sang the same song to an underage female fan at KIIS-FM's Wango Tango concert. Wonder how on-again-off-again girlfriend/wife/who-knows-what Anna Kournikova feels about all this!

Peace Maker

THAT song, "HERO" was on the radio enroute to work one morning and was the last thing I remembered after a near fatal car crash 2002. So I have no criticism other than to say that the world needs more LOVE.

Art

what a cool fan moment. i love a man who is secure in his sexuality and can be playful!!! loves it.

Don Philip

Wow im so impressed by this man HE IS MY HERO as a artist I know how hard it is to have to stay away from your gay fans when they are just the same as everyone else..I commend him ..and admire him greatly wish I had been like him in Asia I feel like a real asshole now

God Love Enrique cause I do now

donphilip www.donphilip.com www.myspace.com/therealdonphilip

Jeff Stone

Bravo! To use a famous quote...."This is one small step for a man and a giant leap for mankind" True humanity at it's best!

Congrats to Enrique for bein brave, humane and understanding. Hey we are all just people.... not gay or straight or whatever. HUMAN BEINGS who need love, support and each other. THINK outside the box. This does not make him gay.

America is too uptight about sexuality. Get over it. MOVE ON.

Enrique in the new MAN. Free to express feeling and show emotions.

me

Enrique is secure with his sexuality... at the end of the day, he has a job to do....and he did it! I think that was one of the sweetest things I've seen in a long time and I agree with the other ppl here that say that more ppl should be doing the same thing.....spreading the message that we are all the same.....a collective consciousness, something in the world has to change because there is too much hate and seperation. The world would be a better place if we all just loved eachother regardless of our differences.....thanks for taking that step Enrique....I'm INSPIRED to do better things!

ziggy

Kudo's to him. regardless of being straight or gay........he rocks! unlike some of the stupid people on here making homophobic comments..........he is awesome for being such a GREAT performer!!!!

DE John

God.Enrique, I wish it had been me is all I can say. Wish I'd been at the concert too. He is wonderful and a real entertainer, which is what all this is about. Entertainment.

Mea

oh puke~

TONY

SO WHAT!!! WE MUST ALL LEARN TO LIVE WITH EACH OTHER! I AM A GRANDFATHER AND IF ONE OF MY CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN SAID THEY WERE GAY I STILL WOULD LOVE THEM THE SAME...LIFE IS TO SHORT, TO HATE!!!

TONY

Jennifa O Jenny

I think I just gained a whole new respect for Enrique! For a celebrity to go to a gay club and serenade a male fan the way he would a female fan and not act homophobic.... Most men, no matter how open minded, would not have done what he did. A hug and arm around the young man, etc. It's really great that he gives his gay fans that special moment just the way he gives his female fans. No other straight man would do that.

TONY

STOP I AM A GRANDFATHER AND IF ONE OF MY CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDEN CAME HOME AND TOLD ME THEY WERE GAY I WOULD LOVE THEM THE SAME!!! SO WHAT, LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HATE...

ogunsgirl

SO WHAT if he pulled a gay fan on stage and sang to him? Iglesias is known for pulling female fans on stage and serenading them.................why SHOULDN'T he pull a gay male fan on stage and do the same? It doesn't mean Enrique is gay (whether he is or isn't is irrelevant)- It means he's comfortable with his sexuality and could give a rat's ass what judgemental, bigoted fawks like those who have posted here have to say about it.

David

Folks! Enrique is an entertainer. He works with extraordinary talent, powerful producers, influential managers, brilliant photographers, attorneys, song writers, other performers who make up and drive the entertainment business and create the music you all listen too and purchase. And those people are also his friends, naturally. And guess what:? MANY, a very large MANY of the best are gay. Just like your doctors, and teachers, and church leaders and your psychiatrists, and the people who write the books you read, and design the clothes you wear and direct the movies you rush to see. They're your children's favorite camp school counselor and they're your dentists, too. They officiate your weddings, negotiate your divorces and council your loved one when you die. They are the gay men and women of the world who create the culture you live in and consume every day. They're gay people. They're part of your life and they're part of Enrique's life. And at G.A.Y., the largest nightclub in London and perhaps all of Europe, they were HIS audience. And he appreciates those people for all they do for his career. I saw this video yesterday on YouTube and immediately bought two of his albums on iTunes. And that's called RESPECT. Just like the moment of respect depicted in this video. For those of you have such a difficult time growing up with this minor issue of LIFE, what page of early American history do you live on? Face the fact that without gays this world would be much less wonderful to live in. And guess who gave birth to all of the gays some of you have such difficulty with? Straight people! Thank God for all the straight people who create all the stunningly brilliant gays who bring so much beauty, music, design, and happiness to our lives.

Ricardo

I LOVED it! He is so hot and that guy from the audience was SO lucky!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments