Maggie Milks It in Manhattan

6/6/2007 7:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here's to Maggie Gyllenhaal -- she has the absolute fearlessness (some might say chutzpah) to nurse her child whenever and wherever she pleases -- even if it's in the middle of the day on a New York sidewalk.

The actress/mom couldn't have cared less what onlookers -- or probing photogs -- thought, as she gave daughter Ramona a bit of lunch yesterday in Manhattan. The child, it must be said, looks content ... and so are we.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

reader

Maggie and her baby are look great!. I think more people need to understand Breasts were made for a reason and that is one of them. I really do not think some of you would want to eat you lunch in the bathroom.

stop the madness

Post 467 europe is trash!Take it to the bathroom!stop forcing your ways on us

baby girl

i just puked in my mouth and swallowed it.

Tara

Good for her! It is nice to see a hollywood mom care enough about her child to feed them anywhere they please!

judy

She's so ugly who would want to look at her.

The Expatriot

Good for her. That is something completely natural and common praxis in many countries.

Karen

yeah! rock on maggie!

peaches

Go Maggie!! People are WAY too uptight about breastfeeding. Good for her for spreading the message that is FINE to feed your child in public however the hell you like!

Dawn

Good for her! It's hard for regular moms to find the courage to breastfeed their children sometimes, much less a celebrity who has to find pictures of her feeding her baby splashed all over trashy gossip websites. She should be PROUD that she's doing the best thing for her baby, which is definately NOT the norm for celebrity moms. You won't catch Britney or Denise breastfeeding... they've got better things to do like party & sleep around Hollywood.

Paris Hater's Live Sad, Dull & Pathetic Lives

The arrogance of this person. The baby has to be fed, I grant you that. But, you have to respect public decency laws. If not, everybody will be exposing themselves in public.

Dawn

Good for Maggie!

bitchlibnwhat

ok so milk your self and feed the kid.we are not little house on the prarie.where any baby needs to suck from the mom.

tmz reader

OMG ok.. So I TOTALLY believe in nursing!!! And I nursed BOTH of my children but come on.. You can afford a hooter hider or a blanket Maggie.. I hate this and then women get mad if people are looking at their chests..

The Expatriot

Argh, I meant 'practice'. Wrong language.

Flippy

Yay Maggie! This is NOT a taboo act - it is the most natural thing there is. I hope we see more Hollywood mamas nursing so that AMerica can be desensitized!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments