L.A. City Attorney "Extremely Troubled" by Paris Decision

6/7/2007 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rocky & ParisAnother official is blasting the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department over the decision to reassign Paris Hilton to house arrest.

In a statement to TMZ, Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo said:

"Today I was extremely troubled to learn that the Sheriff's Department has decided to release Ms. Hilton from custody just three days after she was admitted to county jail.

My office was not advised of this action. We learned of it this morning through news reports, just like everyone else. Had we been provided with the proper notification, we would have opposed the decision on legal grounds.

News reports indicate that the Sheriff's Department released Ms. Hilton to house arrest due to a medical condition. This explanation is puzzling. Los Angeles county jail medical facilities are well-equipped to deal with medical situations involving inmates.

I am also concerned that the judicial process may have been improperly circumvented in this case. Ms. Hilton was incarcerated as a condition of her probation. As a result, the judge retained jurisdiction over her case and only the judge has the power to modify these conditions of probation. If Ms. Hilton's medical condition truly warranted a change in her circumstances, what should have happened is the following: Ms. Hilton's legal counsel should have filed an emergency application with the court and provided my office with the opportunity to respond, and then the court could have held a hearing on the matter to consider whether there was sufficient justification to change the terms of his original order. I have directed my criminal branch to immediately explore all possible legal options to ensure that the law is being applied equally and justly in this case.

If law enforcement officials are to enjoy the respect of those we are charged with protecting, we cannot tolerate a two-tiered jail system where the rich and powerful receive special treatment. We must ensure that in our city, in our nation, and under our Constitution, justice remains blind."

travis

being rich and white has ALOT of perks...and there is nothing wrong with it....get a good job and some skin bleach and you can be the same!

:-)

i dont ride the bus "blah"...

Your'e Fired!

#18, Brenda Bouquet......I hope one day, someone you love gets scraped of the road with a shovel, and you were at the wheel, and survive, horribly disfigured, but you remember EVERYTHING!

yeah yeah

Leave Paris alone...you all know you would have done the same thing to if you had money...TEAM PARIS

TKL

YEAH! Put her spoiled ass back in jail!

BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO POST MY COMMENTS WITH MY E-MAIL AND PASSWORD SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP CONFIRMING MY MESSAGES.

notfamous

Put the bitch back in jail! All REAL mentally ill people do not get out. They should sue if they are not let out immediately. Call E and say you are boycotting her stupid show. The number is 1-323-954-2400 ext. 2828 She is a worthless waste of flesh.

Bob

I really think my head is going to explode...I AM MAD AS HELL!!!

Wow.

That's good, because it would be pretty hard for you to get hit by the bus : if you were in it moron.

suritomkatfan

At first I was upset with all of the seemingly 'preferred' treatment she is getting, but one poster on here got it right. Most of these comments on here sound like jealousy. Thats the American justice system. Love it or hate it, its yours. You elected it, allowed the appointments, and have done nothing to change it. It also reminds me of something an attorney friend of mine always says "better for 100 guilty people to go free then to have 1 innocent person convicted" Thats why our legal system IS the best in the world.

TMZ_User

Re-arrest this skinny trash heap throw in back in hole for 90 days in the general population. Shank the skank should be the chant

T

Conservative Republicans like having this woman out and
in the tabloids. That means the mindless Americans are watching this
instead of paying attention to what is going on in Washington. This
is deeper than a Judge and the LAPD, look at your local politicians to
see why Paris was released early.

unreal reality

This reads just like an episode of 'Passions'. I wonder who the blackmailer is, and who is being blackmailed?

kill bill

"the best things in life are free, but you can give them to the birds and bees , now give me money, that's what i want" "the beatles"

how sad

TMZ you are now up to 20 Paris related stories today so far.
I'm going to keep track of how many total stories you fit into 24 hours.
I feel like I'm being brainwashed, just like orange Elisabitch.

rockerbuns

Paris has learned nothing from this sentence! All she's learned is that she can manipulate her way out of any situation!!!! Especially jail!

Guess if you a a gazillion $$$$ you can do anything you want, and get away with it!!!

If it was the average Joe, then we'd have to do not only the time, but would be forced to eat the food, and told to stop whining!

Is there justice here???? HELL NO!!!!!