L.A. City Attorney "Extremely Troubled" by Paris Decision

6/7/2007 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rocky & ParisAnother official is blasting the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department over the decision to reassign Paris Hilton to house arrest.

In a statement to TMZ, Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo said:

"Today I was extremely troubled to learn that the Sheriff's Department has decided to release Ms. Hilton from custody just three days after she was admitted to county jail.

My office was not advised of this action. We learned of it this morning through news reports, just like everyone else. Had we been provided with the proper notification, we would have opposed the decision on legal grounds.

News reports indicate that the Sheriff's Department released Ms. Hilton to house arrest due to a medical condition. This explanation is puzzling. Los Angeles county jail medical facilities are well-equipped to deal with medical situations involving inmates.

I am also concerned that the judicial process may have been improperly circumvented in this case. Ms. Hilton was incarcerated as a condition of her probation. As a result, the judge retained jurisdiction over her case and only the judge has the power to modify these conditions of probation. If Ms. Hilton's medical condition truly warranted a change in her circumstances, what should have happened is the following: Ms. Hilton's legal counsel should have filed an emergency application with the court and provided my office with the opportunity to respond, and then the court could have held a hearing on the matter to consider whether there was sufficient justification to change the terms of his original order. I have directed my criminal branch to immediately explore all possible legal options to ensure that the law is being applied equally and justly in this case.

Ash

#59, Bob, go for it, just place a bag over your head before you do it, as to not get others that may be present soiled.

legal

Dears, our prison system needs money and here you go: a "blonde wallet" is incarcarated and is begging to get out. Since her family relates only to money -that is how they judge people by the amount of assets people have-then what the heck get as much from them as possible and maybe, I say maybe, it would help a little to improve the condition of our prisons. On a not so bright note: how many inmates do you know who really need medical attention and are not getting it because...there are no funds. The price of freedom, it does not matter what tag or "reassignment" you put on it should be the same for all. Our poor raped justice system needs serious alignment. God bless all who agree with my heartfelt statement.

John Stone

If enough people step up and complain, they might just throw her spoiled ass back in jail. Lets hope so.

Ra

I smell a smackdown coming.

I smell a crack in the Hilton Empire.
It smells like a coup to me
and believe me,
I've smelled a lot of coups

Kelly

I'm laughing my ass off at all this!!!!!!!!! Paris you're such a scumbag!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!! You ugly twit!

Lynn

Years ago when working as an assistant in a law office I made the discovery that $$$'s buys the system. It is really too bad that the same is true today.

YumYum

This is shameful. I think she was all ready treated liently- DUI is a life and death matter. This thoughtless, whorish, pampered, vacuous and stupid woman has gone through her life thinking she was above the law. I guess the legal system agrees. This is a crime in itself. Don't cover her in the media anymore.

claudia

spoiled brat she could get away with murder. I bet she is having a margarita and laughing all the way to the bank ! her family should be shame for paying the court system off!

jProud American Author

Quote: If law enforcement officials are to enjoy the respect of those we are charged with protecting, we cannot tolerate a two-tiered jail system where the rich and powerful receive special treatment. We must ensure that in our city, in our nation, and under our Constitution, justice remains blind."
INTERESTING. WHAT IS DONE IS D O N E. SHE WON'T GO BACK TO JAIL. EVERYONE IS FURIOUS--OUTRAGEOUS! NO JUSTICE!

lindaandemily

WHO AND WHAT CELEBRITY THANKS A JAIL FOR THEIR STAY.

SHE IS INSANE AND
IS IN NEED OF MENTAL HELP.

STOP DRINKING AND USING PARTY FAVORS
PARIS.IT IS CLOUDING YOUR JUDGEMENT.

hsb

Once again Team Paris -- FIND A REAL CAUSE to fight for! And in case you missed the first message -- help find a way to get our soldiers home, help fight terrorism, help secure funds for research on incurable diseases, help MADD, volunteer at a psych ward since you seem to exhibit a lot of empathy towards the mentally ill!!!

Zip

Paris Hilton Released Early On So-Called Medical Grounds???!!! Talk about bought favors!!!

The State's Attorney, the U.S. Justice Department, The Attorney General and the FBI...as well as Federal and State Grand Jurys need to be investgating the L.A. Sherriffs Department, the L.A. County Jail in addition to Paris Hilton's medical and legal reps...over this sweetheart deal for Paris Hilton. There needs to be serious criminal indictments and immmediate firings over this matter!!!

val

THROW HER UGLY ASS BACK IN JAIL. I HATE SHARPTON AND I AGREE WITH HIM ON THE MONEY ISSUE... NEVER THE RACE ISSUE HERE .. HE LIKES TO MILK THAT CAUSE HE'S A CRIMINALHIMSELF. PARIS GO BACK TO JAIL... you are not safe in the streets.. you made thousands of enemies who hate you for your getting out of jail. I'm not one of those, Ive never liked you. Now I just hate you.

Michele - Las Vegas

The Sheriff of L.A. should be fired!!! Throw her spoiled butt back in jail!!!!

Cam

#51 "Only swim in the Ocean...you wrote...

"Once you are sentenced, you are in the Custody and Control of the Corrections people. They can do with you as they see fit; it's not the DA's business or the Judge's business."

That is a complete and utter lie. And you are a idiot. If somebody is sentanced to Prison for 20 years for murder, the corrections people can't decide to let them out after 6 months because they like them. The sentance was determined by the Judge...the Sheriff or prison warden have no say over it. Then again, I'm probably wasting my time writing this, you are so stupid you probably forgot to breathe and died already.