Paris Hilton

Free Woman

6/7/2007 9:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0517-paris-ex-01-2TMZ has learned that Paris Hilton has not only had her sentence cut short, she is already out of jail!

Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ the deal was sealed yesterday, and that Hilton made her exit early early this morning.

She was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail, but that was reduced to 23. She served a total of five days -- the normal stay for a violation of this kind. Her five days began Sunday night and concluded early Thursday morning.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department will hold a news conference in an hour to discuss what went down.

UPDATE 10:16
LA County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says that Paris Hilton has been fitted for an ankle bracelet and put under house arrest for the next 40 days, after authorities decided to release Paris from jail due to medical reasons. She got out of jail just after 2:00 AM.

Whitmore says he cannot release details about Paris' "medical issue" due to confidentiality, but said that medical officials "constantly examined" her while she was in jail.

Paris will be under house confinement in her West Hollywood home for 40 days. After the 40 days are up, Whitmore says she will have "fulfilled her debt to society."

Whitmore made it clear that Paris was not released early -- she was reassigned. She is technically still in custody.

2082 COMMENTS

2026.

LB

What gets me about this whole thing is the glaring descrepency between the way persons of Paris's ilk are treated and the heavy handed way that ordinary folk are treated.

Does anyone even remember the 17 year old who got 10 YEARS for engaging in oral sex with a 15 year old, c'mon!!! Its not like he was 32 and she was 10!!

But Paris Hilton walks free because she's in danger of "having a breakdown" excuse me while I vomit.

And If I can quote Lisa Bloom from Court TV "If she was a black woman from Compton..." yeah well you know the rest

2027.

savanah

Are you all really this stupid? For one thing, she isnt getting 'special' treatment. If anyone of you had a clue about the justice system you'd know that this happens all the time and not just for the Paris Hilton types. If a person turns themself in at 11:00 p.m. of course they'll get credit for that day. As far as house arrest for 40 days, thats pretty standard too..giving the charges against her. And one more thing....who gives a rats ass?

2028.

Chadony

This is because of the overcrowding some say ? Don't even go there if you don't know what you are talking about !!! Yes the prisons are so full that people are housed in a Gym with almost 350 .. Paris has at least a cell for herself !! Medical ? Do you know how many people who are in prison and alost dying because of cancer or other sickness on the heart ? How is it possible that somebody with money can walk out after 3 days ? When there was something medical going on, she would be in the Hospital and not at home !! There are a lot of people who are in jail for a non violance crime and do they get out because the prison in CA is full ? NO WAY !! A sentence is a sentence if your name is Paris Hilton or somebody nobody knows, but this is a real big joke, who will take the US law serious from this day on ? So don't blame this on overcrowding, because when that's the case, why doesn't want Arnold that the Fed's taking over and really do something about it !!!!!!! Let him go back to his actor carreer and Switzerland !!

2029.

catheadmoon

prison hilton has been moved to the prison hilton, donate to chess in prison...

2030.

ctrl

I have read all across these comments about those that hate Paris, those that think she didn't learn a lesson, and so on. WTF is wrong with you people...this isn't so much about whether you like or dislike this lady...or whether or not she learned her lesson. This is more about that HUGE gap in punishment between the rich and the not rich...the famous and not famous. Seems that the upper echelon of society, which includes the priveleged, the famous, and so on have to pay no debt to society for their crimes. I am aware that this isn't a NEW thing...but why do we the rest of America that doesn't fit in the "upper echelon" description above let this continue? We are the majority?

The larger eye opener in all this, the comments, is the concern with Paris...is this a sign that our priorities are more based on the entertainment factor? Not realizing the real value of what has happened? Hrm...lost in the madness of it all!

2031.

BONNIEB

I THINK ITS FUNNY PARIS GOT OUT OF JAIL. SHE SURE OUT SMARTED THEM DRS AT THE JAIL AND THE JUDGE, SHE MIGHT HAVE TO STAY HOME FOR 40 DAYS, BUT SHE CAN STILL PARTY WITH HER FRIENDS AT HER HOME, IT SHOWS YOU THAT IT SURE HELPS TO HAVE MONEY. WAY TO GO PARIS.HAHAHA YOU BEAT THE COURT SYSTEM

2032.

Gina

Well it's true what they say " Money talks " I think it is a dirty shame that she got to leave jail in three days. So she had medical problems ( a rash ) big deal. what about all the people that go to jail with real medical problems and you don't see any of them being released. I am sure that the big guy at that jail got a pretty good sum of money or some great big favor for releasing Paris. The American people should really get down on this unjustice and the person or persons that let her out of jail should be fired. If it were my son or daughter you could bet your life on it that they would do their time. Sorry people but this one really irks me.

2033.

Haley

I thin paris have gota out of jail in a way cuz she is kewl but ya know

2034.

Grannyof3

I don't care what anyone says but this is NOT fair. When I was in my thirtys I got a DUI and was arrested. I was sitting in a parked vehichle, not driving. This was in Ca. I served 14 days in a womans jail which was reduced from 30 days for good behavior. This was my first offence, not second or third. I learned my lesson and now I'm almost sixty years old.
Paris Hilton is a spoiled rich girl and she has not learned any lesson in five days of sitting on her butt doing yoga. They should have thrown her butt in with general population and served her time . Anyone feeling sorry for her is NUTS!

2035.

ph1008

Let's see...time in the county jail or time in Holllywood Hills mansion, Which would you most likely learn a lesson from? I would be that even being "confined" to her home would be a vacation for the rest of us.

I think legal action should be taken against the sheriff's department - it doesn't even sound like they had the legal right to intervene. Only the judge in the case had the right to make any changes.

2036.

Vicki

So does this mean any kind of on going monitering at Paris' home to see if she's drunk or on drugs? What a crock!!! She can have parties every day with her loser friends getting drunk and snorting coke and we, the taxpayers, are paying for it. Of course, we'll undoubetdly hear about one of them being pulled over by the cops.
She was scared because she was detoxing and if they had let her go through it, she would have come out a much better person.

2037.

Vicki

Martha Stewart, you are my hero. I guess poor little Paris just couldn't cut the mustartd. Boo Hoo!!! She cried and was cold. Can you believe it? What a system.

2038.

justin

No wonder the US Justice ststem is horrible,She has a rash and goes home.I wonder if any of us non celebrities would get released.So Sick

2039.

Marge Billings

1932 ! First of all this isn't her first offense ! She was given probation which she violated and I believe community service that she didn't do for her second and third offenses! What are they gonna do ? Wait till she kills someone? That isn't serious in your opinion??? Poor little rich girl was DEFINITELY given PREFERENTIAL treatment and it doesn't do a damn thing for my faith in the laws of this country !

2040.

MJ RIP

DISGUSTING

Previous 15 Comments | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments