Paris Hilton

Free Woman

6/7/2007 9:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0517-paris-ex-01-2TMZ has learned that Paris Hilton has not only had her sentence cut short, she is already out of jail!

Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ the deal was sealed yesterday, and that Hilton made her exit early early this morning.

She was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail, but that was reduced to 23. She served a total of five days -- the normal stay for a violation of this kind. Her five days began Sunday night and concluded early Thursday morning.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department will hold a news conference in an hour to discuss what went down.

UPDATE 10:16
LA County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says that Paris Hilton has been fitted for an ankle bracelet and put under house arrest for the next 40 days, after authorities decided to release Paris from jail due to medical reasons. She got out of jail just after 2:00 AM.

Whitmore says he cannot release details about Paris' "medical issue" due to confidentiality, but said that medical officials "constantly examined" her while she was in jail.

Paris will be under house confinement in her West Hollywood home for 40 days. After the 40 days are up, Whitmore says she will have "fulfilled her debt to society."

Whitmore made it clear that Paris was not released early -- she was reassigned. She is technically still in custody.

2082 COMMENTS

Jason

I had hoped she'd be there until her hair goes gray, but I have to admit... I have been pulled over for a second offense, "driving while suspended" before (because I ddn't pay off a ticket from years ago, NOT a DUI!), and I only had to serve 48 hours... so I guess it's all fair.

Anonymous

What was the point if she only served 3 days? Ugh. So much for her and her lawyers blabbing on about how she just wants to be treated like a normal person and that she was used as an example. pssh.

Stephanie

Outrageous. Sickening. Typical.

Caribbean Goddess

I knew that this was going to happen. Well, I hope that the judicial system does not expect her to learn her lesson from this experience. Paris will be partying and drinking tonight. I agree with #2 and every one should give him credit because he was right.

Blah blah blah

TMZ and all the media should not even cover this story. I am completely amazed she is free. I know what she did was minor, however had the possibility of deadly results. But to waste the courts time and mock the judges decision is an injustice. I really could care less what happens to her, but the media puts it out there, it's like a bad car accident, you can't look away.

Jeff

Welcome to the world of money. Paris is a zit on the face of humanity. What good does she do other than to party, work hard in the Simple Life, and have nude images of he rposted online. Oh, I'm sorry, that is normal for the west coast and the elites. Next she will publish a book abotu her hard times as an inmate and all those teenie boppers will be the first in line to buy it. I want to know how many other inmates got sentences reduced like hers. Perhaps the D.A.'s office has received some free rooms within the families chain of hotels. Lets grow up and take resposibility for what we do. She is an idiot and alwyas will be.

Florida Festival

Thank GOD, she did NOT deserve to be in there.

Praise the lord.

Rebecca

WTF...injustice.

Helenw4

She should have served her time. Disgusting how money can talk you out of anything. She actually only sepnt one night in jail. NOT THREE DAYS!! What kind of justice is that?. Others have to serve their time. Wjy the hell does she get SPECIAL TREATMENT. She is, has not been a law abiding citizen.

Tom Cruise has landed

The jails are completely overcrowded everywhere. People get out early all the time. Sorry, I am not a fan of Paris either, but I don't want to go to jail for 23 days for driving on a suspended license. Does everyone else. If everone that was driving on s suspended license went to jail for 23 days, we would need a hell of a lot more prisons. So WAY more tax $$$. So get over it!

heynow

Paris is a lovely young woman and did not deserve this.

Cops should spend their time looking for the "Real Killers"-

Since she already does Community service, she would have been
ordered to make an anti-drinking and driving spot for TV.

Glad she is free.

kiki

at least she got a little taste of the real world,hopefully she'll get off her high horse and give back to the world that has given so much to her.

castra regina

Any room at Gauntanamo or Abu Gharib?

Sandi

Oh my god, I can't believe this. It's insane. I think I am going to change my name to Paris and go do some drunk driving!

Angie

Wow why are all the people who supposedly hate her so quick to take the time to write anything about her? What liars!!! Why would you care? She's rich why shouldn't she act the way she does (she can have anything she wants!). The reason she got out so early is the same reason everyone else gets out early even the men's jail they are really CROWDED-she is not the only one....stop jumping the gun-HATERS!!!