Paris' Jailbreak -- The Official Explanation

6/7/2007 11:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained an official press release from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept., explaining the terms and reasons for Hilton's "reassignment" from an L.A. jail to her West Hollywood home.
Click to Read

MaryAnn

Ths is U-N-BE-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!! Are you kidding me????? Okay, none of us are perfect - I've had DUI but was smart enough to hear the words that came out of the arresing officer's mouth a knew what I could and couldn't do. I also knew what would happen to me if I got caught. I did what I needed to do to get my license back I also had to spend a weekend - yes a weekend - in jail. Its not fun. It sucked - but it as my fault. She believes she is above the law and now it has been proven that she can get her way. I promise you this - she will laugh about this to her friends from her Blackberry today!!!!! In other words - she's saying "F*** You" to the judge who put her there, the system that held her there and to all those who have had to do the same thing. Thanks a lot to a system that still doesn't work!!!!

cochino

after hearing the "press announcement" you got the sense how none of this was believable even to the guy speaking on behalf of the sheriff's Dept.

Medical reasons my ass. She could have easily spent the rest of her time at the hospital jail ward which is literally about a mile away

bought justice through n through

I hope TMZ really stops posting images and whatever about this piece of trash and we all stop giving her ass our time of day. Enough is really enough

Tweety

I would love to be on house arrest at her mansion for that long. Maids and chefs, thats rough. I think she should be forced to work 40-60 hour weeks just like the rest of us and see what the real world is like. She doesn't have a clue.

ME

Does this mean all the other jail birds can site the same reason's Paris did and get offf and if not SUE them for some sort of civil rights violations. We are SUPPOSED to all be EQUAL! Where is the ACLU on this one?

*sigh*

Spoiled brat and a corrupt "justice" system. What if she'd actually killed someone? She'd go to jail, right... Oh, nevermind... In Hollywood you can even kill people and still go free, as long as youve got money and fame. *Cough* OJ *Cough* I wish we could just stop idolizing the doped up, drugged out, selfindulgent, unjustly rich, undeserving, selfish, overpampered and overhyped famous people in this country.

Today brings one more reason I'm ashamed to call America "home."

Kenny Jay

Celeb Justice? Not so much. When county jail time is 1 day for every 10. She would have been released in two more days with the original sentence. with the 23 day sentence she would have been released this afternoon withoout house arrest. She must have been a little clostraphobic (please forgive the spelling!) and had her people do whatever they could to get her out ASAP!
The Reality is that if she wasn't a celbrity and had not made a deal to get out of jail quicker, she would have been released tonight or tomorrow morning anyway. Instead she wound up getting out of jail 10 or 20 HOURS earlier plus she's on house arrest for a month. Basically she got a bad deal. a month of house arrest for less than 1 day of county jail. But hey, If i could get sentenced to 30 days @ Paris Hiltons house I'd go commit a crime right now!

jProud American Author

Once again the masses are shown that there are two justice systems. ONE for the rich and One for the poor! There are many prisioners that are ill and many are even mentally ill. There are many who don't even belong in jail...but they have no money to prove other wise. Then we have PARIS who gets what she wants...whenever she wants...I hope that people STOP watching her show and her fans just vanish. This is an outrage to all people who follow the law and are good citizens of this country who believe in JUSTICE.

Very dissapointed.

Give Me A Break

I wondered how long the coke-head would last before withdrawals got her out.

debv

When do we get the real story??????

ronnie

TMZ NEEDS TO SEND ALL EMAILS TO LA CO. AND LET THE PEOPLE THAT LET HER OUT KNOW JUST HOW MAD WE ALL ARE

Cori

Come on TMZ.com. REALLY impress us and find out what this supposed medical condition is!!

Cynthia

She was not eattiing...uh....she got an outbreak....uh....she's withdrawling from drugs and booze....uh.....she a spoiled little bitch who cryed until mama and dada paid for her to be locked up in her 5000-6000sq. foot little ol' home. That's it! I'll buy any or all of those. UNFLIPPIN' REAL! SICK!

JESSICA

WHAT WAS THE HEALT RESAON? HER AIDS KICK IN......DO NOT TRUS THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT...THEY ARE LYING ASSHOLES...THEY ARE RICH PEOPLES PATSIES...BOMBARD THE LA POLICE DEPARTMENT WITH E-MAILS TELLING THEM HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS DRUNK BITCH GETTING OFF LIGHTLY...NEXT LINDSAY LOHAN WILL SPEND 5 MINUTES IN JAIL SAME AS NICOLE RICHIE. WWW.LAPD.COM WRITE THEM AND COMPLAIN.

jim

Special treatment, special treatment, special treatment!!!!

tracy

my question is how do they come up with her serving 5 days when the documents state she was booked on June 4th and released on June 7th. I don't know about ya'll but anyway I count the days...I come up with only 3.