Washington

Fired from 'Grey's Anatomy'

6/7/2007 11:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that Isaiah Washington has been fired from the ABC hit "Grey's Anatomy."

Washington's rep, Howard Bragman, confirmed this evening to TMZ that "Grey's" creator Shonda Rhimes called Isaiah today and told him he would not be invited back to the show next season. TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, who first broke the story, reports that the decision was due only in part to Washington's on-set troubles, and was a result of a "pattern of problematic behavior."

As for how he feels about his termination, Washington issued the following statement: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

Paging a mediator, STAT!

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

on strike

i'm on strike until they bring back Isiah. I agree with #9, I don't like k. heigl either. Her character is whiney as hell. I feel that Isiah went through all of that rehab for nothing.

on strike

First of all TMZ should be sued for allowing all of these racist comments on here. What Isiah did was wrong, but him saying the F-word has no comparison to the N-word. How many Gay people were lynched for being gay? None. How many Gay people were enslaved for over 400 years? None. How many Gay people were forced to go to the back door and sit in segregated areas? None. Denied service, Education, Employment over being the hired help? The list goes on. There is just no comparison. Isiah being fired has nothing to do with racism. For goodness sake the creator of the show is Black. It's wrong to call anyone anything but the name that they were given. As far as Black people sitting on their asses and thinking of the past as one person put it, let's me know that A lot of folks out there do not actually know Black people. Most of us work, have jobs and are educated. But with all of the stereotypical images out there who can blame you for not knowing the truth. I will miss Isiah, but Isiah is talented and he will move on.Justice was served. Also people should leave his wife out of their comments. Just because she is sporting a natural, does not make her less attractive. She is Beautiful and to the person that said what they said about her that was just uncalled for.
Everyone,
Be Blessed

thoughtfull

Personally I am glad he got fired. We all have a right to our opinions and as a gay person I prefer knowing who my enemies are I did not expect nor require that he leave the show. However I have the right to refuse to watch shows with individuals who are known to show disdain for gay persons. I also have the right to spend my "gay" dollars where I wish and it was certainly not with sponsors of Grey's Anatomy. Perhaps I will actually watch the show now. And as for all those out there that want to make this a "Gay" issue such as the writer of comment number 41. This is not a gay or straight issue this is an issue of human respect. You are entitled to your opinion but I do not have to like it nor in any way support it. Gay men and women understand the power of your vote, your word and your money !!!

a black lesbian

Thank you Shonda Rhimes for finally showing some backbone and discontinuing your defense of this homophobic idiotioc lousy actor. Black people sometimes do make errors and cause harm and its time for black folks to stop defending wrong actions. Now maybe you can find a Good actor for Sandra Oh's love interest.

De

I say replace Washington with BLAIR UNDERWOOD !!!!!

De

Maybe TERRANCE HOWARD will be a good replacement!!!!

Richard

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong.
Thomas Jefferson

I am so pleased that he was terminated from the show. His arrogance and his superior attitude is truly more offensive than his personal attack and outing of a fellow cast member. Hopefully he is washed up!

Richard

Replace him with Ross the Intern. At least he is out of the closet unlike Mr. Washington.

Richard

People read the article again!

If you only knew the whole story you would not only understand but you would agree. This man has been completely out of line,. out of self control, vicious and more than inappropriate.

Try outing someone at your work, not once but twice and see how your employer handles it. Then, on top of that, try a pattern of problematic behavior and see what happens.

spooge

I gotta say after just watching Heigl's interview on DL that it's obviouse she's telling the truth.
sorry, but if it really happened that way, and she went to bat for the guy...all the power to her.
good riddance to Washington. He obviously just doesn't get it.

?

I dont think he should have been fried he should have kept his mouth shut. so what if is co star is gay

josh

lets be real the only reason hes getting bash like this is because hes a black man who was picking on a poor white man

Nadia

I am very sad to see him go, that was not right. He made a mistake and apologized for it and probably thought everything was ok and then gets a call, Im sure he is very upset, I dont blame him. I agree with the comment about Heigl. she probably pushed him out with all ofher comments. I love Grey's anatomy and now im sad to see this wonderful actor go along with Kate Walsh. They should start getting ideas from the viewers cuz ABC sucks and Shonda is a great person but Im sorry that she didnt do more for him although that is assuming.

stan

As a gay man I say "Why Bring This Up"?. Move-On! I think this man has paid dearly for what he did. People make mistakes but people also need to learn to forgive as well...

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21