City Attorney: Props to the Judge!

6/8/2007 4:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo issued the following statement to TMZ in response to Judge Sauer's decision ordering Paris Hilton back to jail:

"This decision sends the message that no individual -- no matter how wealthy or powerful -- is above the law. Today, justice was served."

d

Maybe there is hope for this country after all. Nicole your next!

justaham

Will Lindsay Lohan be treated the same as Paris -- not above the law. Remember, the cops found cocaine whe she was busted for DUI last month, forcing her to go to rehab.

It amazes me that Lindsay can go straight to rehab after she was arrested for DUI and possession of drugs. The ordinary citizen would have been spending the time in jail right after the arrest.

Topeka

I still can't feel sorry for her. She was given a chance to avoid jail time after the first offense. Instead she broke the law two more times.
I do wish Harvey Levin, whom I adore, would be a little less biased in favor of Paris, and alot more even keeled on the whole situation.

Way to go judge and city attorney!

Mardi

My heart is soaring right now.

Gypsy

TODAY ANYWAYS!

Dole

What about Lee Baca???

chs

JUSTICE WAS NOT SERVED TODAY!! A EXAMPLE WAS MADE TODAY BUT NOT JUSTICE. PARIS SHOULD HAVE REMAINED ON HOUSE ARREST NOT SENT BACK TO JAIL!!!

dakine

Yessss.

Rasslin' Fan

And we will likely never hear those immortal words again:
I am Paris Hilton and I can do anything I want.

angel

I feel sorry for Paris, it's not her fault if her sentence was reduced to 23 days then sent to home. It's the Sheriff's fault. Actually, it's her parents fault. Greta said she was shaking, etc maybe took some drugs, or maybe she's so afraid of going to Century jail. I pray that God will just give her strength and control and protect her from any harm or danger.

Trixx

I love this judge too!!!

Switch

Props to him for standing his ground and props to TMZ for keeping us soooo updated

killer job!!

tiana

Yes, lets make sure she gets treated worst than anyone else. That is a real sorry statement. I don't get the 45 days again. This is just wrong. Bless you Paris, just stay and get it overwith.

Denise

she is no better than any of the rest of us and we would have never gotten out like that in the first place if we were the offenders.....she should be treated just as we would....... as long as she is locked up while awaiting her appeal of the sentence I am happy

Karen in Florida

Ha Ha Ha------------FOR LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR "ALL",................