Paris Will Spend Weekend in Med Jail

6/8/2007 5:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton will probably spend the weekend in a medical ward at the jail facility where she surrendered Sunday night, referred to as Twin Towers.

We're told the plans will firm up within an hour. Hilton will stay there over the weekend, when her lawyer will file an appeal, called a writ of habeas corpus, which means, essentially, the body is being held illegally.

Dd!

THIS IS REALLY UNFAIR, I JUST HOPE THAT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT'S HAPPY RIGHT NOW IT WILL BE LIKE THIS WHEN LINDSAY LOHAN GO TO THE COURT BECAUSE IF SOME JUDGE WANNA PUNISH SOMECELEBRITY AND GIVE THE EXAMPLE SHE'S WHO NEEDS TO BE BEHIND BARS BECAUSE DUI AND DRIVIN' WITH COCAINE!!!!!! AND ALL THAT SHE HAS BEEN DONE... IF U COMPARE THIS WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH PARIS IT'S SOO UNFAIR!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

poopstain

Can somebody check Sheriff Baca's bank account and see if there is a huge deposit made very recently. Why in the hell was she ever let out. Put her spoiled ass back in jail and leave her in there for the full sentence. She will survive and possibly learn a lesson or two.

TMZ ~ I want to see some current pics of little Dannylynn Birkhead. Go stalk his house for awhile.

yawn

This is the thing....whatever happend to "I'm ready to fullfull the terms of my sentence and accept responsibility for my actions"..."I'm going to show the world who I really am which is why I didn't go to a pay jail"......

Poor Paris.

selenay

Theres a process. She was sentenced for her "harsh" month and a half punishment, then it was lowered to 3 weeks.

She has the right to appeal the sentence, which I'm sure was in the works. If the appeal doesn't work, tough.

Theres a process believe it or not. The judge doesn't say you, go there. Final Answer. There are side-processes if it is felt that things were unfair. Unfortunately for her she will have to stay incarcerated at the time, but she has good expensive lawyers. I trust they'll be speedy enough.

voula

I think that they really need to make up their minds...shes in shes out shes in shes out!!!! I personally think that her sentence was a bit harsh....and the judge is just trying to set an example out of her...The 3 days she spent in jail im sure scared her to death and she wont brake the law again...But 23 days common give the girl a brake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retCALCOP

Please get the facts straight:
A writ of habeas corpus is a judicial mandate to a prison official ordering that an inmate be brought to the court so it can be determined whether or not that person is imprisoned lawfully and whether or not he should be released from custody.
Just thought you might like to know!

LB

Should I feel sad because she unlike many other rich celebs has finally gotten a little bit of justice?

I think not.

Oh dear, Paris has no one to primp for, no red carpets for a month or two, oh dear god people! they are kids starving around the world! Put her in jail and move on to better things.

ParisHater

It is proven that when someone gets a DUI they have actually driven drunk MANY times before. The difference between Paris driving drunk and one of us po' people is that Paris can afford a cab, call a driver, get a motel, etc. Also if I'm driving a Saturn and Paris is driving a Mercedes S series she is much safer in an axxident than I am. She can roll a Merceds and walk away. Also if I didn't attend the court ordered alcohol counseling I would go to jail. Where does Paris get off that she thinks she can thumb her nose at the court system? They offered for Paris to do community service and her whole ordeal would be over but SHE refused that because she couldn't be bothered with "serving the community" the very community she endangered by driving drunk. I guarantee you Paris will drive drunk in the future. All the boo-hoo that she's not eating...SHE NEVER EATS! I think she has a cocaine addiction and the hardest part of her sentence is the detoxing. They let her out because she was about to have a nervous breakdown? You are supposed to be broken down in jail. That means it is having the right consequence, ugh I'm so sick of Paris!

jeff

Kepp her in jail she's no better than anyone else

Monie

WHY DOESNT HER LAWYER JUST GIVE UP ALREADY LET THE BROWN EYED GIRL DO HER TIME AND GET IT OVER WITH SHE HAS HAD ONE TOO MANY CHANCES ALREADY.

lindaandemily

ALCOHOL ABUSE SHE NEEDS REHAB

NOT A MENTAL JAIL FACILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cormac

To J-Me:
She is not serving 45 days for driving on suspended license alone. The sentence is for DUI and then violation terms of her probation for that original charge not once, not twice but three times. The sentence is completely appropriate for the offenses.

Bobby

This Judge Sauer is a joke! Wow, what a big man he must feel like right now! Wife kills her preacher husband and gets 210 days in jail; Paris drives on a suspended license and gets 45 days. I hope TMZ tears into this moron Judges background and finds his dirty little laundry and reveals it to all of us.

Baxter

Funny how Paris's "medical condition" has not prevented her from club hopping every night, showing up on every red carpet function, and partying into the wee hours of the night. It also did not prevent her from doing her reality show, where she even roughed it by living on a RV for weeks for one season! Paris needs to pay the price for breaking the law. The laws in this country were made for everyone, not for everyone BUT Paris!!

mike

How can anyone possibly feel badly for this woman? She does absolutely nothing to improve the world around her. She helps no one; she exists only for herself and does what she feels like doing. The next time she decides to drive drunk, she might want to consider what would happen to her if she were to hit my daughter or something...her attorneys, money and undeserved celebrity would not come in too handy then.