War in Court Over Paris

6/8/2007 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonNow, TMZ is learning that there is a battle raging inside the courtroom between Paris' lawyer, the City Attorney and the Sheriff's Dept. -- over the decision to allow Paris Hilton to appear by phone this morning.

Stay tuned... reload!

Go KY

She COULD have KILLED SOMEONE. She has not learned anything other than how to BUY off people and PLAY THE SYSTEM.
***************************************************************************

Wow, since when do we get convicted in THIS country because something might have happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you are incorrect - Princess P already knew how to buy off people and play the system - HER KIND MAKE THE SYSTEM!!!

Now, everyone grow up and take a good look at reality....THIS IS THE WAY THE AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM WORKS. Stop sniveling or bettter yet, VOTE.

Kitty

TMZ...promise me if this bitch gets off, you'll never write anything about her again. PLEASE !!!!!!!

mickey

darfur referenced is appropriate - i am getting cnn breaking news to my e-mail about this crap - it's amazing what people rank as important news... tmz, keep up the good work...

Ms Green

So let me get this straight! 45 day was down sized to 23, she did 5 was sent home, for some undisclosed medical condition. Infestation for STD's take about about a week. I'm sure she could have gotten penicillian in County. And instead of appearing in court, she can just call in?????????????? Do I have this right? UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE! AND THE ICING ON THE CAKE IS WE HAVE TO SEE IT PLAYED OUT OVER & OVER AND FREAKIN !@##$%& OVER!

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN IRAQ?????

Avamp1

Whooa # 19 You tell TMZ to go f**k themselves? Reason being, you say because they are forcing this stuff down your throat? Are you a retard or what? Your the one who's flipping through their website... Your an idiot

Yep

What I find amazing is that Paris was ordered by the court to attend DUI classes months ago and she never even signed up for them. This was another reason why she was ordered to go to jail.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

What message is this sending to criminals, young girls, other celebrities, countries worldwide, parents, politicians, and anyone else you can think of.

She has no health issues to forbid her from doing her designated time in jail. She just thinks she's BENEATH everyone in the lock up.

She should have thought about the consequences before she got behind the wheel of a car, not once, but several times.

JUST BECAUSE SHE IS MS. SOCIALITE PARIS HILTON DOESN'T MAKE THIS ANY DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER JOE SMOE IN THIS COUNTRY.

LOCK HER SKINNY, WHITE ,USED ASS UP.

sickoHollyweird

This has nothing to do with paris being a "celebrity" (she hasn't done a damn thing) it has to do with justice. Drunk driving kills and it's only a matter of time to see who kills first.

Tangie

I would like to personally go marching into her house, smack her across the face, grab her hair, and drag her to my car. I would then drive to the jail, smack her some more, then kick her childish ass right into a cell full of real women. I would then throw in some slimy hot dogs through the bars. I would also snatch the blankets.

Mac

The only medical condition she suffered from was withdrawl...withdrawl from the cameras.

I'd like to see her sent back to jail b/c it's the right thing to do. A far more severe punishment would be a boycott of her all together. She has no redeeming qualities, she gives nothing to society and stands for nothing positive. If the press would stop photographing her and magazines stop printing stories and pictures... then maybe I could at least pretend she is dead.

I don't know that I have ever found someone as disgusting as Paris Hilton.

mmyers

Everyone should boycott Hilton Hotels, if this skank goes on home detention. Who in the world does she thing she is? Oh, that's right, Paris doesn't think at all, she's too rich!

cynthia

she has probly had death threats even if i cant stand this chic it is for her saftey....

tccactus

I hope she has to go back to jail, if Martha, Lil Kim can do the crime & serve the time so can Paris! Tired of her playing ditsy blonde and woe is me act!

2BorNot2B

I think people are just jealous of Paris because she has money and looks. Stop hating on the girl.

Yummy

Seriously, we're going to be the laughing stock, and NO, we obviously do not uphold the law, and yes, we do let people get by when it's convienent (sp) for us, IE Illegals, and Paris types.
I am so sick of you people complaining about how this isn't a real issue, there are bigger and more important things to talk about in the world, and HELL YEAH IT IS, but this is not the site for that, you typed in TMZ instead of MSNBC. You are at a celeb site, so if you don't like it, don't come here, go to where the depressing and mundane news is...we come here to escape that world just for a bit. Its not our fault the media is providing ths type of information for us. And don't take the time to comment, like we're supposed to comply with what you say because reading this stuff is wrong, u make yourselves look really slow saying that.
Also, let me just say we're not hating o Paris, this is completely unfair. Her original sin was drunk driving, that's a very serious matter, and normal folks would be locked up with the key thrown away. This chick, is getting away with murder, and if they let her go that easily, the CA law system will have hell to pay, and absolutely have to let prisoners go that are having mental breakdowns with good beahavior, after.3 days...oh well.