An Open Letter from a Paris BFF

6/9/2007 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton, Frankie Muniz, Jennifer RoveroThe following is a letter from one of Paris Hilton's best friends:

I would like to address the media regarding one of my dearest friends, Paris Hilton. I have been by her side up until she turned herself over to authorities and the last 24 hours since being put on probation. I was also
in the courtroom [yesterday] and saw a judge hand down a sentence that NO ONE in an even remotely similar position would receive!

Sheriff Baca is coming from a place of knowledge with regard to his prisons and his prisoners well-being. We should trust in him. He is a stand up man who was voted into office. He was not being generous. He was being practical and just, and speaking from years of experience on the front lines of L.A. justice. It's clear as day that her stay has impacted her greatly.

She is a forever changed woman.

The MTV Movie Awards was merely a diversion to be able to surrender in privacy and not stir up any commotion. PERIOD. Jail was on her mind, NOT a celebration!

Also, I would like to set the record straight that there was no party in motion for this weekend. When she was released she was still very upset, to the point of being physically ill -- and partying was the furthest thing from her mind. She is a loving and sweet soul with a big heart whose character has been misjudged because she was born into a family of wealth and, yes privilege. Now, I ask you to please stop for a moment and try to analyze why it is that you are so troubled by her?

Paris HiltonSurely there is a more just way that she can atone for what she has done and not for who she is.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Rovero

marilyn

I totally agree with you. I think she really got a bum wrap. What I wish the public would do is to stop for a moment and really look at the big picture. Many people hate Paris and nothing else would please them than to put her behind bars because of her lifestyle and privilege. However, I wish that they would really look at the facts first and find out if she's really being treated like everybody else in that same situation. I think the more you find out how the Los Angeles system works, any Joe Blow or a coal miner's daughter would have gotten out in two to three days. Paris Hilton or not, she's clearly getting punished more. People, please don't be so mean spirited just because we all disapprove of her lifestyle.

onry13

yep, she was so stressed out that a whole bunch of her favorite cupcakes were delivered to her house at her request and she made a statement to the press. YIKES. She should have done what the judge told her to do in the first place and she probably would have gotten house arrest to begin with and not jail BUT she didn't do any of it.

augpro

To Jennifer Rovero,
Absolutely correct. Best wishes to You and especially Paris.

To the non well wishers, jealousy is an ugly color and time wounds all heels...

Avenging Angel

Baca claims that he didn't know who Paris Hilton was.

That whole scheme to give her 5 days credit for 3 days and 2 hours
was OBVIOUSLY pre-arranged between Baca and Hilton's lawyers.

5 days = 10% of 45 days, which is what is required to release anyone.

Why isn't Baca releasing any other convicts with medical problems?

Esq

Go to hell, Jennifer.

aquarian 41

its called covering your ass.the judge had to give it to her to save his ass.

Brian

You've got to be kidding me. I don't hate her for being rich. I hate her for being an idiot. You supporters forget, NO ONE forced her to drive drunk and then do it again and violate probation. She did that herself.

No one forces her to party every night and have a great time she does that. Rumor has it that part of her problem is withdrawal from a drug and she is climbing the walls. She did that no one else. Don't give me that we hate her because she's rich crap. Some of the richest celebs out there are very well liked, and more importantly very well behaved. Take a look at Bill Gates, Bono, I could list thousands.

Brian Kushner

Wrestlingsucks

Where can I find Jennifer's sex tape?

Brooke

Yeah, I agree--ha ha! She so sweet, and innocent, and I especially ENJOY LISTENING AND VIEWING THAT VIDEO OF SHE AND BRANDON "WHOEVER" MAKING FUN OF LINDSAY LOHAN, CALLING HER A FIRECROTCH... YEAH, SHE IS SO ENDEARING, SWEET, DELIGHTFUL...

GET A LIFE, AND WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY, JENNIFER "WHO?" DOES SHE KNOW YOU'RE HER BFF? HA HA!

MargaretB

Oh and who is this Jennifer person. I have never heard her name mentioned with Paris'. This bitch just wants to get her name out there

Ali

She deserves to do her time like any other person would! She is a spoiled brat and needs to learn. She could have HURT someone when she was driving! Paris in jail is JUSTICE.THE SHERIFF should lose his job.

d-nyc

are u kidding me? as soon as she got home, the world saw her getting a delivery of freakin cupcakes..lol..who in jail gets a delivery of ANYTHING besides mail and "cooties" lol? and hello, shes not "grounded", u dont get to go out and play just cuz u got a rash on ur ash and cry all day..boo freakin hoo.. ya kno what, id cry all day too if i had to go to jail..i did get my license suspended for 90 days (no insurance) and ya kno what? I DIDNT DRIVE!!! DUH!! its her own fault..dont do the crime if u cant do the time..

smilesarefree

ok, close friend, why didn't kathy hilton ask the judge for his autograph yesterday
after the hearing? ITs her whole family and its blind arrogance that rouble me so.
About six months too late for the contrite, apologetic Paris.

OUTLAW CRAZY JUDGES

Judge Michael Sauer ..YOU ARE ONE SICK BASTARD

Obsessed with making sure paris has no dignity, sanity or self-esteam
left.

Sheriff Lee Baca GET IN NATIONAL AND *CLEARLY* STATESANY OTHER PERSON WITH HER CHARGES WHOULD BE OUT BY NOW !

THE DA AND JUDGE ARE OBSESSED WITH HER !!

IT'S SICK !

AN INVESTIGATION IS NEED TO SEE WHY THESE TO CLEARY WANTED TO SEE HER SUFFER !

Marilyn

Jennifer:
GIVE ME A BREAK, PLEASE!!!!! Do YOU know anyone who's gone to county jail for violation of probation? I HAVE AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THEY WERE NOT RELEASED FIVE DAYS INTO SENTENCING! In fact ALL readers should understand people go to PRISON for violating their probation, and in some cases for NON-VIOLENT OFFENSES!!!!! WHO DOES PARIS HILTON THINK SHE IS, SPECIAL? Obviously as her repetitive, offensive behavior speaks volums of how she feels money and privilige should give her a 'special pass'. I was offended watching Sheriff Baca's press conference yesterday because it confirms he knows his decision to release her (without speaking with the court) will land him in the hot seat, once again! IF Paris Hilton were black, poor or mexican we would not have known anythinig about this case. How many people do you think are sitting in county jail right now with everything from stapf infections to aids AND without the proper diagnosis and treatment? Did Baca pull their files and show concern to them and their famalies? This is an outrageous slap in the face to every tax paying citizen of this state and Paris is where she belongs, END OF STORY!!!!!!!