An Open Letter from a Paris BFF

6/9/2007 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton, Frankie Muniz, Jennifer RoveroThe following is a letter from one of Paris Hilton's best friends:

I would like to address the media regarding one of my dearest friends, Paris Hilton. I have been by her side up until she turned herself over to authorities and the last 24 hours since being put on probation. I was also
in the courtroom [yesterday] and saw a judge hand down a sentence that NO ONE in an even remotely similar position would receive!

Sheriff Baca is coming from a place of knowledge with regard to his prisons and his prisoners well-being. We should trust in him. He is a stand up man who was voted into office. He was not being generous. He was being practical and just, and speaking from years of experience on the front lines of L.A. justice. It's clear as day that her stay has impacted her greatly.

She is a forever changed woman.

The MTV Movie Awards was merely a diversion to be able to surrender in privacy and not stir up any commotion. PERIOD. Jail was on her mind, NOT a celebration!

Also, I would like to set the record straight that there was no party in motion for this weekend. When she was released she was still very upset, to the point of being physically ill -- and partying was the furthest thing from her mind. She is a loving and sweet soul with a big heart whose character has been misjudged because she was born into a family of wealth and, yes privilege. Now, I ask you to please stop for a moment and try to analyze why it is that you are so troubled by her?

Paris HiltonSurely there is a more just way that she can atone for what she has done and not for who she is.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Rovero

Trianna Johnson

She deserves to spend every day in jail. Spoiled Brat. I wish she would just go away forever.

MargaretB

#21, I couldn't have put it better. Thank you!

LTbino

Paris, her friends, and family need to get a grip. If she feels that she was unfairly punished, welcome to the real world. It happens everyday to regular people. Her mental illness was an elaborate scheme. Well, it didn't work, so now money, wealth, fame and privelege cannot help her now.

Bmeuwanna

Damn girl, u call her your best friend and I see why. You are just as stupid as she is. Chick, this girl violated probation. Let me make it bigger VIOLATED PROBATION. That is automatic jail time in any case. Have you ever been around someone on probation who knew they were 2 milliseconds from going to jail? Not a funny sight. Paris looked at it as she as looked at so many things in her life. I'm spoiled and my mommy and daddy will get me out of this. She is 26 years old and still behaving and thinking like a 17. When will she put her "wealth and privilege" to good use? Who knows, maybe she'll redesign the jail suits and give all the inmates 10 for free. Now that's hot.

Toodlez

Team Kate

AMEN!! I completely agree. She is paying for who she is NOT what she did.

missy

Jennifer she may be your friend for now but history will soon repeat itself. Paris and only Paris is to blame for her problems. She drove and got a DUI, THEN in violation with her sentence, she drove again repeatedly. Now IF I were to receive a DUI and then drove in violation of the sentence I might be able to get away with it and would you like to know why? It's because NO ONE KNOWS what I look like. Paris IS a public figure. How stupid do you and Paris think the law is? Don't you think SOMEONE in law enforcement would say...duh, she is not suppose to be driving? Plus, she also DIDN"T do any public service (that would have been plastered all over the internet). She didn't go to any alcohol treatment programs (again, that would also have been all over the internet). Paris FAILED herself, plain and simple. So her sentence wasn't to harsh, in fact if you probably look at someone who did the same after her sentence and then violated the terms of the sentence she actually probably came up with a fair length of time to serve.

Unbelievable

that is, like, soooo hot. Merci, Jenifur...you are SOO on my list for my homecoming party!! Now, how do I know you? Did we share a drink, or share a guy? Bring some hot studs with you...I'll be in a "party" mood!!

Whatever

Nobody cares if Paris is a "sweet soul"... She was given numerous chances.. she disobeyed..She needs to suck it up and take care of business and try to learn from this.. She is a very lucky woman to not have killed somebody while driving drunk... then she would be in jail for murder, you bleeding hearts think because she didn't kill anyone this time that all is ok.. well let me tell you it isn't ... Maybe she will learn to at least get a driver from here on when she is drinking. Nobody really cares if she drinks, parties or whatever.. just don't get behind the wheel of a vehicle when you are doing it. If anyone of us "poor people" were arrested for the same thing (i.e. ignoring judges rules, which is what the main problem is) we would be sitting in jail too, but not in a cell alone, but with the rest of the inmates. How would she like that?

Deal with it.

All that I have to say is that any compassionate human being probably feels slightly sorry for Paris at this point. But she made a mistake (or she was careless w/ regard to the law) and she is paying for it. What strikes my husband and I is that she is crying and upset etc. at the thought a spending 2-3 weeks in jail. Here is a thought to ponder, if my husband was to be jailed, would he ever be able to get a job of the stature that he currently has? No, my husband would be fired and this would be on his permanant record, and the average citizen would have trouble getting re-employed. Paris doesn't even have to worry about every getting a job, or her permenant record, just serve your time and get over it, and go back to your millions and your carefree lifestyle (which will be a little less carefree if you've actually learned anything.)

bon

people judge her so much because their lives are so pathetic. their lives are so empty that they have nothing else. but God is the ultimate judge. and those who beleive in him are blessed. I normally wouldn't comment because it's just all too stupid. but someone reading these comments miught feel so horrible with what is said. i want them to know that the world is filled with so much love that these few hateful people mean NOTHING!!

Richard

What is the big deal? No reason to hate her, love her, etc - she is just a girl who got caught - then took a risk breaking her driving restriction - then got caught again - now has to go to jail for a month. So, she goes. Big deal. Yes, she is sweet, rich, spoiled, emotional, all that is probably true - but she took a risk and lost and now she pays the price and goes on - not the end of the world. I still don't understand the drama. Except that she seems to live her life like that. But other than creating photo ops - she is just like anyone else - sometimes you get by without having to really get in trouble - other times you mess with the wrong guy. It happens. She'll be ok.

OUTLAW CRAZY JUDGES

Judge Michael Sauer ..YOU ARE ONE SICK BASTARD

Obsessed with making sure paris has no dignity, sanity or self-esteem
left.

Sheriff Lee Baca *CLEARLY* STATES ANY OTHER PERSON WITH HER CHARGES WOULD BE OUT BY NOW HAVING DONE LITTLE OR NO TIME !

THE DA AND JUDGE ARE OBSESSED WITH HER !!

IT'S SICK !

AN INVESTIGATION IS NEEDED TO SEE WHY THESE TWO CLEARY WANTED TO SEE HER SUFFER !

PerezSux

Shut up, Jennifer, you idiot. And quit whining because your party hostess is out of commission for a while. All you silly girls will have to find someone else to sponge off of until she's sprung.

Kate C

JENNIFER! Then find me another inmate in LA County lock up that is allowed a tanning service to come to their cell and pizza delivery.

WRONG!

jess

Why are we so troubled by her? Let me tell you why. Her snide and better than you attitude make me want to see her suffer. That's why I enjoy watching this. I could go on and on, but this pretty much sums it up for me.