An Open Letter from a Paris BFF

6/9/2007 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton, Frankie Muniz, Jennifer RoveroThe following is a letter from one of Paris Hilton's best friends:

I would like to address the media regarding one of my dearest friends, Paris Hilton. I have been by her side up until she turned herself over to authorities and the last 24 hours since being put on probation. I was also
in the courtroom [yesterday] and saw a judge hand down a sentence that NO ONE in an even remotely similar position would receive!

Sheriff Baca is coming from a place of knowledge with regard to his prisons and his prisoners well-being. We should trust in him. He is a stand up man who was voted into office. He was not being generous. He was being practical and just, and speaking from years of experience on the front lines of L.A. justice. It's clear as day that her stay has impacted her greatly.

She is a forever changed woman.

The MTV Movie Awards was merely a diversion to be able to surrender in privacy and not stir up any commotion. PERIOD. Jail was on her mind, NOT a celebration!

Also, I would like to set the record straight that there was no party in motion for this weekend. When she was released she was still very upset, to the point of being physically ill -- and partying was the furthest thing from her mind. She is a loving and sweet soul with a big heart whose character has been misjudged because she was born into a family of wealth and, yes privilege. Now, I ask you to please stop for a moment and try to analyze why it is that you are so troubled by her?

Paris HiltonSurely there is a more just way that she can atone for what she has done and not for who she is.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Rovero

Missy

Boo Hooooo, Our hearts bleed...........

Dissapointed

The moment she told the police officer that she didn't know where her license was and to CALL her personal assistant is the moment I stopped feeling sorry for her. She DOES think she is better than other people. And she did think that she would get off, b/c of her social status and because Mommy spent so much on those legal fees. Who else writes the GOVERNOR for a pardon when she CLEARLY violated probation, TWICE. If she wasn't TWO hours late to the court house maybe the judge wouldn't have been so pissed. Everything is a 'show' with her. Just like all her 'goodbyes' on her patio- she didn't know there were 4 helicopters waiting? If she wanted privacy she could have done that INside then had an umbrealla covering her as she got in the car. She is an ADULT and should be treated like one- she should take it with CLASS like Martha Stuart did and many other celebs have, not screaming like a BABY and calling for Momma. WTF?! Mental problem? Nervous breakdown? It's called Detox. Yes, she is pretty, yes she is rich. BUT she is also a talentless whore- and has had many more opportunities in life than 99.9% of people will have- and she prances around with her nose in the air.

4Justice

The problem is Jennifer, that I feel she did what she did *because* of who she is. She feels such a sense of being above it all, that she can get away with what other "regular" people can't. I got a speeding ticket a few years ago. I went to traffic school so it wouldn't be on my record. I knew if I got a ticket in the next 18 mo., I wouldn't have that option. I drove like a saint, and still do as I can't afford another fine. Then there's ms. hilton. No worries. I can break laws, I have lots and lots of money! She needs to get a taste of the real world. I know she'll hate the taste, and will never want to taste it again, but at least she'll have tasted it. WELCOME TO REALITY!!! She should do some community service, that would do her a world of good. Have her work in some shelters for awhile. Come out of your bubble Paris.

JAA

Is everyone aware of Judge Sauer sentencing Hilton and getting a standing ovation at his church the follwoing Sunday? Hmmmmm..... blood sucking religious nuts? I hope Sheriff Baca releases information of the cases in recent months in which a first time offender guilty of driving with a suspended license was sentenced to jail. I am not a fan of Hilton, I think it's a shame her parents didn't expect more of her, an education for instance, but I would be just as concerned if this were someone of lesser fame and wealth.

juli

I UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE FEEL FOR HER ! BUT FACT IS SHE BROKE THE LAW THREE TIMES AND SHE JUST AS OTHER PERSON HAVE TO DO THE TIME. I AM SURE WHEN A PERSON IS PUT IN JAIL IS NOT A FUN PLACE TO BE BUT I SURE AFTER SHE DOES HER TIME LIKE OTHER PERSON SHE WILL THINK ABOUT HER ACTIONS BEFORE SHE DOES SOMETHING THAT CAN HURT OR KILL ANOTHER BY DRINKING AND DRIVING ,AND ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD CAN FIX THAT !
SINC, A VICTIM OF A DRUNK DRIVER

Cate

She's a Playboy model. 'Nuff said.

godhelpus

OH Jennifer, I would rather have Paris in jail than out on the streets killing someone. Let her learn her damn lesson..... she is not above the law!! She had 2 chances and failed!! She is just a spoiled little brat that found prison too uncomfortable for her delicate skin!! Oh poor thing... mattress is too thin.......no pillow.......... too noisy.......... get over it Paris, JAIL IS NO HILTON!! The only person I feel sorry for is her father, not only did he marry one....... he reproduced one!!! The apple does not fall far from the tree!!

tressah

Oh dear God, here we go! Everyone who knows Paris, is going to come to her defense! Jeezus, what the hell, let the girl do her time, just like she's supposed to do, and like she asked to do, and lets LET IT GO!!!!

She's a nobody

annab

HUH????????

DRUNK DRIVING KILLS!!! IT IS A VICIOUS ACT OF ARROGANCE, THAT CAN KILL ENTIRE FAMILIES!

JENNIFER, GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO WRITE. DID YOU DROP OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TOO?

Ann

I don't know how things work in Hollyweird,where you become a celebrity for doing nothing.These young rich kids have an assumption that they are above the law. You don't have to be 21 to get into clubs, they are rich enough to hire a driver to take them from to and from clubs and parties. I am so sick of Paris, Lindsey and Nicole Ritchie. At least Lohan actually HAS a job as an actress, but sadly will throw it away if she doesn't clean up her act. Driving is a privilage, not your God given right. A car can be a lethal weapon, I know I lost my brother to a drunk driver. I have no sympathy for these spoiled brats and I am worried about the young girls who look up to them.Keep crying for your Mommie Paris, even your family's billions can't get you out this time. Watch the industrial films of car wrecks that the DMV offers, you're lucky you didn't ruin your pretty face or lose your life or even more important-killed someone else who had a family and actually works to keep food on the table.I have no sympathy for these celebrities-sorry.Hope you grow up someday,it's about time don't you think?

acnhbtr

yes,if you are her best friend,you should have done some type of intervention many months ago,sice she was running amuck without any consequences

OUTLAW CRAZY JUDGES

Judge Michael Sauer ..YOU ARE ONE SICK BASTARD

Obsessed with making sure paris has no dignity, sanity or self-esteem
left.

Sheriff Lee Baca *CLEARLY* STATES ANY OTHER PERSON WITH HER CHARGES WOULD BE OUT BY NOW HAVING DONE LITTLE OR NO TIME !

THE DA AND JUDGE ARE OBSESSED WITH HER !!

IT'S SICK !

AN INVESTIGATION IS NEEDED TO SEE WHY THESE TWO CLEARY WANTED TO SEE HER SUFFER !

Pam The REAL Pam

What she can do is sign up for her alcohol education class, start donating some of her time to volunteering for MADD (instead of drinking and driving), suck it up, do her time, admit that she violated the terms of her probation, live up to the statement she made at the MTV movie awards and act like a 26 year old instead of 5 year old. She also needs to hire a damn driver because she can't handle a car sober, let alone drunk.

That would be a good start. But she has a long, long way to go considering she is 26 years old and crying "mommy". If you are a good friend of hers, get her some REAL help instead of being an enabler. It's time for her grow up and do something productive with her life.

She needs a new publicist because her image is burnt toast.

She has proven herself to be a lying, manipulating, spoiled brat who thinks she can buy, cry, and scream her way out of anything.

What happened to "I'm scared, but I am ready to do my sentence and set an example"?
Well, she sure set one yesterday didn't she?

Let this be her wake up call.

Cindy

SHE
BROKE
THE
LAW
!!!!!!!!!!
I can't understand why they can't understand that.
This judge is doing what all the judges should be doing. I praise him.

Debbie

I would like to respond to this letter from BFF. Since you are her closest and dearest friend, maybe you can talk some sense into this pampered princess that clearly thinks she is above the law. When you drive drunk you take people's lives into your hands. When you get caught and they take your license away they are telling you to get help and think about the incredible risk you are taking. We don't care about the risk the drunk driver takes with his own life. We are talking about the risk to OTHERS!!!!
What part about this sentence does your BFF NOT understand??? To knowingly get back into a car WITHOUT a license and drive recklessly is purely a case of a rich brat thinking she can do what ever she wants and it finally came back to bite her in her boney butt. I do not feel an ounce of sympathy for your BFF because my nephew was killed by a drunk driver that left the scene and never even looked back as his 22 year old life slipped away.
AND here is the thing that gets me the most angry: Of all the people in the world, Paris could afford to hire a car and a driver to take her any where she wanted to go every single day for the rest of her life and she would never feel the cost of it.
So don't for one single second ask us to feel pity on this spoiled brat. There is NO excuse for anyone, rich or otherwise, to put other people's lives at risk.
When you say this event has "changed her" I hope to God you're right. Because if she continues on this holier than thou, above the law attitude she now lives by, she is going to kill someone and go to jail for LIFE. And if I personally have to dedicate my life to the cause of bringing down Paris Hilton to save just one life then by God I will do it. All of her money will not stop all of my willpower.
Debbie Snow