ADD Is What Ails Paris

6/11/2007 5:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonTMZ has learned that Paris Hilton suffers from extreme Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and claustrophobia, and these conditions may have triggered the Sheriff's decision to spring her from Lynwood Jail last week.

We're told Hilton is taking Adderall for her ADD. Although our sources were not specific, we're told Hilton was not receiving all of her medications at Lynwood. As a result, Hilton was having severe panic attacks in jail. There were times she was so debilitated, she could not push the panic button in her cell.

As for how she's doing today, she's depressed but not really crying. She has a pencil and a pad of paper and she's spending her time writing down her thoughts. We're also told she's losing weight -- although she's no Nicole Richie.

Joe

Thanks for that info 444.

So it looks like they wouldn't allow her adderall in the regular prison initially and, ofcourse, not her cocaine, so she went through major withdrawal and blamed it on not having the prescription version of her crack. So she got moved to a special medical ward that would keep her drugged.

Don't get me wrong. I know that A.D.D. is real, and some people actually use their meds as prescribed. This clearly isn't the case with Paris, who also drinks and does cocaine, even if she actually DOES have A.D.D. People who have A.D.D. AND addiction issues need to treat their symptoms in other ways, with non addictive drugs and behavior modification.

If she were JUST using Adderoll (and not cocaine) as someone with A.D.D. would actually be prescribed it, she wouldn't have had the extreme withdrawals she had.

Leigh

Wow! ADD Is that Absent During Detention? or Absolved of Daily Delusions? Obviously both apply in this case!

Mamabear

In the case of Paris, ADD = alcohol deficit disorder.

Heaven

Wow!!! Lucky her she has a panic button in her cell. Do all inmates get that? - I know they don't. That spoiled brat doesnt know how lucky she is. She should try going through the regular jail system before people start talking about how they feel sorry for her. I KNOW I DON'T!!!!

ADHD Man, NYC

Paris does not have ADD. She has ADHD- the hyperactivity & impulsivity are quite obvious.

I don't know if Adderal is the right med for her.

If her parents want some advice, I recomend that they contact me. I am the webmaster for the Manhattan Adult ADD Support Group, & E mail me. I will forward their request to our coordinator. BTW.. our site is Non--commercial & takes the subject of ADD/ADHD quite seriously. http://www.maaddsg.org - there are no fees to use the site.

We have two meetings a month. Perhaps when she gets out of jail, she can come to NYC:)

yltoo

so why was she drinking, is she is sooooooooooo heavily medicated???

Sonia

Rich Sista Girl post #448

I was born into a family with more money than the GNP of most small countries...I am not a hater, I do work 9 to 5 to help others that are less fortunate...I am friends with people that Paris is not even worthy to shine their shoes...My parents and grandparents taught me that just because you have money it does not make you any better than anyone else. Paris is a disgusting display of the Rich and Famous...I am sure many people will say why do I post on this site, well the Paris thing has me pissed of, it is rich kids like Paris that give rich kids like me a bad name...I volunteer at the animal shelter, I scoop poop and clean kennels, nothing is beneath me...My first job was McDonald's nothing was handed to me. I would never act like an ass, like Paris and then blame it on ADHD...

ADD this!

The last medication that someone should be allowed on in jail should be ADDERALL! or anything with such an addicting component. girls in high school sniff and take adderall to stay thin..it has the same effect as cocaine only it can be prescribed....good job to the court system for simply replacing her favorite drug of choice to begin with....why dont we give the heroin addicted murderers some hallucinogens next!

FromLA

so she has ADD, Yea right. She Hates Gays and Blacks and the Poor and that was shown caught on tape from her own Mouth! They don't show thoses tapes much onTV? did you ever see thoses tapes BABBS. I bet you fit in there somewhere? so when Paris gets out she volunteer her service for Cancer or MS per Barbara Walters an old Family Friend, well word has it from The talk shows it was a Script for Paris to read for Barbara Walters. But if she gets out and does the Volunteer work she says she will for MS or Cancer, I won't think she such a Loser! and maybe people will change there opinions of her. The Cancer and Ms and other organizations Really do need High Profile People for the causes to raise money. but time will tell and i will give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she has had a Change of Heart like Barbara Walters Said or it's like the talk shows are saying it's just a script.and thats HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Chris Fradkin

Q: Does Paris Hilton’s wealth and notoriety absolve her from legal and civil responsibility?

A: No. Laws are enacted for the protection of our citizens, i.e. “equal protection for all citizens.” For this “equal protection for all citizens” to be a reality, then ALL citizens, regardless of race, religion, or income bracket, must bear “equal responsibility for their actions.” Therefore, Ms. Hilton — like everybody else — should bear the consequences of her actions and the punishment the court has accorded.

ConcernedMother

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE DOWN GRADING OTHER PEOPLE FOR HAVING DIFFRENT OPINIONS. MY FAMILY AND I THINK PARIS IS WHERE SHE NEEDS TO BE. MY DAUGHTER CAME ON THIS BLOG AND GOT INSULTS FOR NOT SUPPORTING PARIS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE PROTECTING SOME GIRL THAT IS
MEAN TO OTHERS WHO ARE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US NORMAL PEOPLE.

darnell

Free Paris Free Paris Free Paris..

Everybody need to stop hating on Paris Hilton. They need to hurry up and let her out of jail. She could die in there.

Love You Paris!!!!!!!!!!

FRE PARIS FREE PARIS

nycwhatwhat

i have "ADHD" and have been on adderall for a few years. i can't imagine why someone would want to take adderall in jail. it would be like torture. she must pace her cell a million times a day. adderall makes it easier to focus and stay alert, productive. who needs that in jail? she should go off it, it will make her sleep away the time.

Poor kid

Am I the only person who heard on FOX news today that someone in LA is starting a petition to have that celebrity-sucking sheriff recalled? They have to get 400,000 signatures on the petition to have the recall question put on the next ballot for voting by the masses. For God's sake, if you're old enough to vote, REGISTER and SIGN THAT PETITION!!!

Sorry, #80 Chris, but you're wrong - it's not the judge OR the DA that are going down for this and YOU are an idiot if you consider PARASS to be smart OR successful. Successful at WHAT?? Using her last name and empty brain to get her a witless show on some lame network? None of what she has/owns/uses is from HER success but rather from the success of her family generations ago. Everything she has was handed to her on a silver platter. Oh, you're right, she'll be remembered by historians for all her contributions to the betterment of all human beings...Please, could someone hold the bucket while I puke my guts out?

Smart

I believe that if you would like to put your 2 cents in, you should first learn proper grammar and how to spell.

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments