Mulroney and Keener Split

6/11/2007 8:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Catherine Keener and Dermot MulroneyOscar-nominated actress and "40 Year Old Virgin" star, Catherine Keener and her husband, actor and "My Best Friend's Wedding" star Dermot Mulroney, have called it quits.

TMZ has obtained divorce documents filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court. The papers cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for the bustup. The papers indicate the two separated in May of 2005.

The couple has been married for 17 years and have one son, seven-year-old Clyde.

STACIE

awww....too bad...isn't funny? they were together 10 years just fine and then they had a kid....and only 7 years later they get divorced? I guess that means they were great as a couple just not able to make it work when you add a kid to the equation. i absolutely love dermot. I have seen a lot of his movies starting back in 1991. And i love his accent!
Hope things work out for you dermot!

Jeanne

You're kidding.......he was married to that hag?????? Gross! He obviously dumped her so he can be with someone better looking.

Madaketgal

This is really old news (maybe not the divorce papers.) They separated months ago.

Hollywoodequalsretards

I didn't even know they were married.. too bad for them.. but gotta say he is HOT!! Ladies start your engines!

Dee

Good he is single. now's my chance to get my freak on with this gorgeous man.

Watch the Wedding Date to find out why. yummy..

recovery101Fan

keener lookl like birkhead's lawyer, doesn't she?

Georgia Girl

Dermot,

If you need a place to crash, I'll tell my husband to get out.

xoxo,

G

Leslie

This is actually old news, they've been separated for a couple months and probably just now filed the paperwork...

Rick

GINGER

Go ahead and have a shot at Hollywood trash you must be looking for money
and fame because you got an empty life. sad girl.
Since when does anybody think that Hollywood marriages survive anything?
lets keep them as rolemodels , America and stoop lower than we are already doing.
Ginger proves that to me.

smitty

I didn't even know they were married.

lawoman

Saw her on an ET interview for Friends with Money; acting so defensive over the gossip about the "Jen & Vince" wedding rumors, blah, blah, blah, but what a huge bitch she was! You can defend your friends without acting so incredibly hateful! I can only imagine how pleasant she'll be in divorce proceedings!!

80's mustache guy

Right. I am so sure that girls who post on a web site have any chance with him. Is the sky yellow in your world?

bubble-----------------> pop

L.B.

WHAT ELSE IS NEW IN THIS TOWN??? TILL DIVORCE DO US PART!!!! IT'S HOLYWEIRD SO IT'S NO SURPRISE AT ALL....I AM NOT COMMENTING OR ANYTHING ABOUT THEM BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE REAL REASON WHY THEY SPLIT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE SO I AM NOT TAKING SIDES HERE....ALL I CAN SAY IS IT DOESN'T SURPRISED ME AT ALL...IT'S A HOLLYWEIRD.......LAND OF TILL DIVORCE DO US PART....

bkstylz

SWEET!!!

that means I got a chance with her...

Gina

Dermot and Catherine made a beautiful couple together. They had a long marriage, a lot longer than many people these days have. They should both be commended on how they have kept their private life "private" and how neither one has publicly said anything negative about the other. They obviously are descent people and care deeply about each other, and how all this will affect their little boy. It's sad how the media and some fans can be so cruel and unfeeling towards two human beings who just happen to have jobs that have made them famous and well off money- wise by all their hard work. None of us would want to have our lives out in the public eye esp. a divorce and a small child involved. Please just let them be in peace.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments