Pari$ Hilton Costs L.A. County a Bundle

6/11/2007 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ParisIt costs more than 10 times the normal amount to jail Paris Hilton.

TMZ contacted the Sheriff's Department to determine just how much money the County is spending on Hilton -- and it's way more than it costs to stay at a Hilton!

Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ the average cost per day for a female inmate is $99.64. Paris, well, ain't no bargain. It costs $1,109.78 to keep her locked up. The costs include medical treatment and staff associated with her needs.

By the way, if Hilton were under house arrest, it would cost taxpayers zilch. The inmate shells out the cost of doing time at home.

Celebrity Mugshots: Click to launch photos

Mary T.

Wow..have you seen her MUG shot.....if not click on photos...then celebrity photos........You can't even see any clothes in the picture......She knows how to pose for jail...but can't cope when she gets there

I call bullshit

from all of us 'haters' - HELL YES ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY

Megan

Keep in mind Paris also pays INTO those taxes being rich, so IMO it's worth it. It's not like she is in public subsidized housing receiving food stamps and government healthcare when she is NOT in jail. She's probably put more money INTO that jail by taxes alone than what she is taking OUT of it.

Could it be TRUE?? ONE can only HOPE

# 26 is Right....

The Hilton's do pay that much in Taxes every minute....they have been paying for others to have a "vacation" on the state for years....Now, its Paris's turn...!
I have HEARD that in a lot of states now...The "inmate" has to pay for their keep. Either they work in house...or other duties. I would not worry to much about the cost's of her being in Jail....truly....This was written to get the "bees' a buzzen" again...

ANNIA

Mr. Levin, are you secretly in love with Ms. Hilton???

To be making comments like that on TV is ridiculous.

I'm so disappointed in you!!!

mary

I waited three hours or more in the hot sun to visit my son at twin towers and was never let it in one minute sooner. His girlfriend was pregnant and had to wait in the three hour line also. They had no sympathy for any of the regular people waiting, some with small infants and children. Why were her guests allowed to walk right in. PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT AGAIN!! Why? It makes me sick. She is not ill and should be put in Lynwood; also my son waited three weeks to be seen by a doctor for his medical condition. Most inmates have to wait a long time for this priviledge; she saw a doctor immediately and still remains in the hospital ward. Why? PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT AGAIN!! It is totally disgusting.

Glisten Garbor

Too right Carla.! only send evil, violent, abusive, murderers and bullies to jail..Everyone else should be under house arrest or at a minimum security prison/camp.

Neal

Is $1,109.78 worth saving few thousand kids lives who might have died hit by drunken Paris hilton followers???

Hell YES!!!! ( Assuming that paris hilton has 1000 fans who follow her!!)

The Sheriff is a scumbag shill for the cult of Scientology

Fire Sherrif Baca, corrupt cop and cultist.

Google Sheriff Baca and corrupt
Google Sherrif Baca and Scientology
Google Sherrif Baca and bribes

Baca should be fired!

Terry

Notice TMZ does not ask how we feel about a low level jailed cancer patient cost to the tax payers.
Although I m sure it is far less then Paris's bill.
Due to the fact he or she is not in a private room.
I'm tired of TMZ playing into the chronic narcissism of this non celebrity.

rickedmonds

From her statements over the past few days she indicates she is fine and has regained proper perspective.

Fine, the authorities should take her at her word.

Put her back into the normal jail and let her complete her stay WITHOUT special treatment as ordered by the judge.

This isn't Paris-hating - I'd say that of anyone in the same situation.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

If it keeps her from getting drunk and running over someones kid so be it! Funny how the media fed the "Hate Paris" fire when she got house arrest and now feeds it with her being back in jail. I think we should be more concerned with that crooked Sheriff Baca who is responsible for this! Perhaps he should pay for her meds and treatment. Where's the stories about him?

MaryMac

OK...Harvey...Love ya and love your site, but man o man are you OFF base here with sticking up for Paris!!!

First of all, I totally agree that she's was given more time than most people for a first offense and it really sucks that she got popped for DUI in the first place since she was only a .08-the VERY MINIMUM legal amount.

That said-here's why the judge stuck it to her (and it's not because she's rich)

1.) She has a bad attitude
2.) She puts herself in the public eye and says stupid things and makes money out of going to clubs. If she is a "professsional club goer (i.e. getting paid for it) then she should know that you should not drink and drive, period.
3.) I think everyone hates drunk drivers since they kill people all the time, especially when they are rich enough to HIRE A DRIVER!!!!
4.) There are plenty of people in jail who have emotional problems and don't get to go home.
5.) Her "house arrest" consists of spray tanning sessions and maid service
6.) She made a complete spectacle of herself in public-acting the victim all the way to the court house crying and crying...was she crying when she got her spray tan? Was she crying once she got home? NO!! I suffer severe depression and anxiety. Trust me-it doesn't go away just because you're in a nicer spot and then come back again
7.) She says mean things about other people and has been caught on tape acting like a complete slut and bitch
8.) Look who she hangs out with-Nicole Richie-druggie and DUI herself! Joe Francis-need I go into detail? Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, I can go on and on....Guilt by association.
9.) She NEVER took her arrest seriously-if she had, she wouldn't have been driving while suspended. She thought it was a joke and she didn't have to worry about it. She is LUCKY that she didn't get pulled over when she was on coke, drunker, etc...
10.) Her sentence was only 45 days...not 6 years! The judge cut it in half and she was only facing 23 days!!! Give me a break...that's 3 weeks!!! Can you say OVERREACTING???? You broke the law, you got your sentence...now shut up and serve it like everyone else.

Naughty but nice :)

Hi eveybody! I I'm Babbs the nut job that keeps shooting offf my mouth, you will have to excuse me,I forgot to take my meds this morning. I am sooooooooo srry for acting like a complete ass..............Babbs Yep that's me!

Captain Tina

WHY IS EVERYONE ATTACKING HARVEY? GET A LIFE PEOPLE... YOU OBVIOUSLY LIKE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY AND WHAT HE PUTS ON HIS SITE, SO DONT ATTACK HIM. AND HES RIGHT, IT DOES TAKE A CERTAIN TYPE OF PERSON TO COMMENT ON THSES SITES..... PEOPLE WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH CELEBS!!!