The Rev Tells The Sheriff: Paris Exposed "Unfairness"

6/11/2007 8:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rev. Al Sharpton met with Sheriff Lee Baca today to discuss recent events surrounding Paris Hilton and how they relate to other prisoners in the jail system. Sheriff Baca is the guy who reassigned Paris from a Lynwood jail to house arrest, under a s**tstorm of controversy.

Sharpton, founder and president of the National Action Network, met with reporters after the meeting, saying, "I told him what prompted this is the feeling that ... there is an unfairness in how reassignment and early releases have been meted out."

One reporter asked Sharpton the burning question everyone wonders about whenever the Reverend intervenes in a story: Why are you here? To which he replied, "If I lead a national organization, and citizens in the county who are members of the organization call for us to get involved, the question is, 'Why wouldn't I get involved?'" Touché.

Sandra

carol

Al - Tell every inmate, black, white or purple, who has legitimate proof they have not been given preferential treatment like Paris, to file a lawsuit against Baca and LA County.
Hit them in the pocketbook. It's the only thing that will wake up the knuckleheads who are allowing ping pong for Paris along with all the other preferential treatment.

Boo Hoo

Mary T.

Sharpton used the "W" word......WHITE.....You're racist.......

Tmz.com is racists......

73. I'm an African-American....And I would have to agree that Al Sharpton doesn't EVEN need to bring up race with this one.....Race has nothing to do with it AL!!!!!!!!!! He has a right and I agree he should speak his mind to that "sheriff" they have over there.....

Posted at 9:21PM on Jun 11th 2007 by Sandra

If you want to know what a sellout is this a a classic example. Why don't you listen to his whole statement before trying to suck up to the white racist on here. I am a embarrassed that you are African-American. He said if she was a not only black but a white coal miner's daughter that was poor would she have gotten the same treatment. He basically was saying would poor whites or blacks have gotten this special treatment. Here you are joining the negativity and adding comments off of what some racists on this site are saying and you don't even know the facts.

carol ard

This guy is a oretend reverend and he is always acting like he is God almighty! I am so sick of him and his far left ideas!
Stay the hell out of things that are not your business!!!

recovery101Fan

Al speaks for the poor white folk,too, oh and any other folk who isn't favored, but tolerated. In this case a lot of people were reaching out for Al's opinion

The Saint

Go find an old Morton Downey show clip where he (Al Sharpton) gets his ass kicked. Ok, ok, he just gets pushed down - but it made me feel good.

Tmz.com is racists......

78. Oh here we go again, the race card. Racism will never end when people like Sharpton keep spouting off about how every fortunate thing that happens to white people some how plays unfair to African Americans. Where was Sharpton when the justice system failed Nicole Brown Simpson. If O.J. was white he would of been convicted. There I said it!!

Posted at 9:31PM on Jun 11th 2007 by Pop

I knew somebody was going to bring up O.J. Simpson. Just let it go. He is free and was acquitted.I know you whites are still angry about that because a black man was acquitted for killing two whites. If he had been accused of killing two blacks and got off like he did the whites would have accepted him back with open arms. There I said it!!!!

matt

First Imus now Paris? Can't he just shut his mouth and fight for the rights of truly oppressed people instead of jumping on the publicity bandwagon? Honestly, i don't care that paris hilton has to go back to jail for a couple of days,and for that matter i don't care if she could have bought her way out of it. Hey mr. sharpton jeopardy is over go to bed!
matt

Term

F - Sharpton

Term

I said

F Sharpton

anonymous

PUBLICITY SEEKING $#@!%&*WHORE!

AND I'M NOT TALKIN PARIS HILTON

MsAlSharpton

Hey, where was good old AL when that black women falsely accused those three Lacrosse players of rape. If it had been a white women falsely accusing a black men, he would have screamed loud and clear. Al never speaks up when blacks commit crimes, never addressed injustices commited by blacks...... He doesn't want fair for all he wants better for blacks. Makes me sick. Fact is, Paris is getting worse threatment then anyone who commited the same offense as she.........that includes black people. Go home Al!!!!!!

Trianna Johnson

Sharpton is nothing more that a media whore. He should mind his own business. No one asked him to get involved. He should keep his nose out of things.

Sharpton is a media whore just like Paris.