The Rich

Just Get Frickin' Richer

6/11/2007 8:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Candy Spelling Candy Spelling rocked Vegas Friday, June 1, by winning hundreds of thousands of dollars at the slot machines.

Vegas spies tell TMZ that Spelling, whose legendary fortune is reportedly in the $600 million range, was playing the $100 slots at the Bellagio Hotel when she hit it big by winning the $100,000 jackpot! But that wasn't the end of it! Spelling kept winning -- $36,000 here, $32,000 there. She was up $325,000!!!

Candy didn't leave well enough alone. She began losing ground and at 4:30 AM Saturday, when she called it quits. Her winnings -- $200,000!!!

But wait -- there's more! On Sunday, Candy held a raffle for her Charity, L.A.'s Best (an afterschool program). The grand prize was a Prius. Candy bought tickets for everyone on her staff and kept one for herself. She won! She told TMZ, "I'm gonna drive it!"

J

Pretty simple, folks- look at the publicity the Bellagio bought for only $200K- WAY more effective than running commercials on ABC.....

DottieDame

I really wish she wouldn't have kept the car, and instead donated it to a charity. Also, wouldn't it have been neat if she took her winnings in Vegas to the nearest Ronald McDonald House, and had given that money to a family who could use it to spend more time with their chronically ill child, instead of having to work so much to pay medical bills.

If I were that rich I would never keep my winnings. I think Candy already has more money than she could spend in a lifetime. I'm sure she does give to charity, but it would be really nice if when she is blessed with a win she would donate that too, just to remind herself to pass blessings along.

Mia

@Frustrated. Who says she's gointg to heaven? Dying is not a free pass! When you die you are immediately in the presence of God, who decides whether you go up to Heaven or down o hell, according to your works.

Mia

@John. Not believing in God is the same as believing. If you truly didn't believe then you would have no interest in His name.

Mia

@JCAZ. And It's Cheaper. AHAHAHAHAHA

Mia

Mia, you have learned the drill well. I hope you are tolerant of other's beliefs as well.

Mia

Candy Spelling is not brilliant. She did not make the Money, she only married it.

K man

Good for her! I wish I could be so lucky.

Mia

I don't care what you believe. Not interested. What you believe will not get me into heaven. What is the drill?

Daphne

Candy Spelling is a lousy mother, a useless bitch whore and generally a horrible human being.

Worse yet, it shows in her face how ugly she is on the inside.

LAIst

What happens in Vegas sure didn't stay in Vegas for Candy Spelling.

Give her a break. No one in Las Vegas fixes slot machines to pay big amounts.
And, if she bought and gave away hundreds of tickets for the raffle,
that means the charity received a lot of her money. The cars are usually
donated anyway.

I'm jealous, but don't resent her good luck. The IRS and the charity
will be the beneficiaries.
to her net worth?

My two cents

Wow Diane...seems like you have some MAJOR issues. Have a bad day or what??

Nomi

I hope she donated it to charity. She sure couldn't need it. I'd say she may have had a little help from someone in that casino. It is rare for anyone to win that much in those places...but they can sure lose a lot.

Bellagio

Ok TMZ... What's your point?

angel

To Mia - . Candy's riches she cannot take it to heaven. I don't know about Candy but
it's not by works you're going to heaven. Hope this will help you.
the bible says ......that whosoever believe in him, shall not perish but have eternal life...John 3:16. If you confess with your mouth Jesus Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.--Romans 10:9. Finally, For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—9not by works, so that no one can boast.-Ephesians 2:8-9.