Ant to Joe Rogan: You're a "Homophobe!"

6/14/2007 8:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ant with inset of Joe RoganIs fear of the gays a factor with comedian Joe Rogan? One pissed off VH1 star seems to think so.

Ant, the openly gay host of "Celebrity Fit Club" and star of "Last Comic Standing," fired off a seething message on his Myspace page, in response to Rogan's accusations on a radio show that Ant has been stealing jokes from other comics -- the most horrific insult in the world of stand-up comedy. In the post, Ant claims that the only reason the former "Fear Factor" star has made the accusation is because, "Joe just can't come right out and call me a FAGGOT," adding that the accusation of joke theft is "another way to gaybash." He also slams Rogan as a "homophobe."

On the page, Ant says he's ready for Rogan's retaliation, saying "I can't wait to hear him proclaim, 'ANT's using the homophobic card? How come a straight guy can't talk about a gay guy and blah blah blah.' A spade is a spade and I call 'em like I see 'em."

A rep for Rogan had no immediate response.

blackberry_curve@yahoo.com

Who gives a s**t about this little pissant, anyway? I sure don't!

Joe Rogan is sooooooooooooo 2000. Sad. Move on, people. Move on, TMZ. Time sure has.

Jebediah

I love Ant! I don't even know the other douchebag but he sounds like a tool. Where's the proof Rogan?

AntHater

Um, Ant does steal material.

Barb

I could care less about either of these two but, I'm sick to death of gays yapping "homophobe"! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, like it or not. If the guy doesn't like gays he shouldn't be forced to. That's what happened to Isaiah Washington and look where that got him. Political correctness is a cute term that means, lying to please others. Everyone should be kind but, to avoid their own feelings for another's is BS.

Wrestlingsucks

HOW CAN JOE ROGAN BE A HOMOPHOBE? THE GUY IS A HOMOSEXUAL HIMSELF. A CLOSET HOMOSEXUAL THAT IS. IT'S SO OBVIOUS. I CALL THIS A WORK ORCHESTRATED BY ROGAN WHO IS A BEDMATE OF ANT.

ex comic

This has zero to do with sexuality. I am not particularly a fan of Rogan as a person, but he is right. I did comedy for 6 years (3 in Los Angeles, yes, at the "real" clubs) and, Dane Cook IS a joke thief and so is Ant. His whole bit about boxers being gay is someone else's joke (I don't remember who, but I heard about this from other comic friends back when he did it on Last Comic Standing.) Ant is not a comic, he is a personality, which is fine. Being a joke thief, however, is never okay. Unfortunately there is no recourse for these desparate (and, even worse, sometimes successful) a-holes. I have had jokes stolen from me and the thieves were told by others that they were my jokes and they just didn't care and continued to do them. Comedy is the most disgusting rung of showbiz. It's hideous, with the most damaged, evil people imaginable. Those who make it in comedy with their integrity and sanity in tact are few and far between.

Tiffany

Pleease! I'm, all for gay people being treated just as fairly as the everyone, but come on! Now we're attacking alleged "insinuations" or "underlying meanings"?

Stephanie Goldmin

Who is ant? More Bobby Trendy please ..at least he is funny original and better to look at! This ant thing looks like he came from madame toussouds with alll that drag make up he is wearing! friggin drag quin!!!!!

MrParisHilton

Hummm... Ant vs. Joe. Need I say more. Get um Joe... Get um.

MT

When Ant was on Last Comic Standing he did a joke about flight attendants. (he used to be one before comedy.) The joke was something like "i'm a queen and queen outranks princess". I wish I could remember the whole thing. My girlfriend was a flight attendant at the time and said that the joke was a classic joke that all flight attendants had been making for years. She said he recited it on the show almost word for word the way flight attendants have been telling it to each other for years. Face it, Ant is not an original guy. I'm glad that Rogan is outing these phoney stand up comedians.

Felicia

Joe Rogan is one fine piece of meat! Why don't they handle it like real men and take it outisde? haha cuz Ant will get his ass whooped... just like he almost did by Dustin on CFC until Harvey stepped up and "protected" his little feminine self! haha... he's just a CRYBABY!

WooHa23

I happen to be a comic. And ANT does steal jokes. The on eabout boxing being gay because it's two men in silk shorts fighting over a purse is old and he had the nerve to use it on last comic standing. Rogan doesn't like joke thieves he makes that clear. He called out Dane Cook for stealing jokes from Louis C.K. (which he did AND there's audio proof), so is he a Dane basher or an Dane-o-phobe? He called out Mencia for stealing jokes from George Lopez. You know what? He was there when Lopez grabbed him(Mencia) up and threatened to knock him out if he ever heard him do it again. Is Joe prejudiced against Latins? Or is he prejudiced against hack, joke thieves. Maybe Joe Rogan knows what he's talking about? Maybe TMZ doesn't have a clue about what goes on in stand up comedy? Just a thought.

whomitmayconcern

farrah fallon... good question. Hmmm. Not sure.

Why don't YOU tell US?

R.C.

I remember reading blind item about a good looking male comedian who had a stand-up gig in Boston and later went to a gay club. This male comedian then later left with two handsome fellows. This blind item included the words news and radio . Sound familiar? RC

Jennifer Bouldack

I have never understood the word, "homophobe." That word means fear of homosexuals. I guess there might be someone somewhere who has a gay person stalking them, making them fear a specific homosexual. But I don't believe that someone who disagrees with a homosexual lifestyle actually fears them.

I am not arguing here for or against the issue of homosexuality. I am more of a grammar freak.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments