Lohan

Accused of Being Smashed

During Smash-Up

6/14/2007 8:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is being sued by a man who claims she was drunk when she crashed her Mercedes into his van after leaving the famous Ivy restaurant in West Hollywood in 2005. He is suing both Lohan and The Ivy.

Lohan lawsuit
In a lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, Raymundo Ortega claims Lohan, who was 19 at the time, was dining at The Ivy ... "where she consumed alcohol and became intoxicated" minutes before the wreck. The suit alleges that "The Ivy's conduct of serving alcoholic beverages to Lohan was a factor in causing the injuries to Ortega."

Ortega claims that on the day of the accident, Lohan was "driving recklessly" at 60 MPH to avoid having her picture taken by paparazzi and "looking over her shoulder instead of watching the road." As a result, Ortega is suing both The Ivy and Lohan for damages in excess of $200,000.

In the suit, Ortega accuses Lohan of having a history of "racing and speeding with Mercedes Benz high performance car and as a result received several speeding tickets and has been in several accidents."

Reps for Lohan were not immediately available for comment.

bob

ILLEGAL U-TURN,,
ILLEGAL U-TURN
ILLEGAL U-TURN
ILLEGAL U-TURN
ILLEGAL U-TURN
ILLEGAL U-TURN
ILLEGAL U-TURN

Allred Tree

Oops! Just checked (Shell#16) and see that this is the same accident caused by the driver making the U-turn.

I hope the police and insurance companies thoroughly investigate this criminal Lohan. They need to check every unsolved hit and run accident in their files!
I'll bet she has caused lots of them and God only knows what she's gotten away with.

I hope any victim of an unsolved hit and run reports or checks with the police if they think she could be responsible!

omggggggggggg2

just give the bitch an eight ball and a gallon of booze and send her on her way....
talentless is ovah!!!!!

Democrats are evil

Oh great, Lohan, 19 years old, I have no doubt she was served alcohol and went driving, and Raymundo, an obvious Mexican, Maybe illegal because he took 2 years to file this suit. Isn't this a wonderful world we live in. Nobody respects the laws that are written and everyone wants to get something for nothing. I say let Raymundo sue Lohan and then sue him for illeagal entry into or country, take his money then deport his ass out of or country. That sounds fair enough!

Allred Tree

I thought she had to be drunk when I read about this accident. This is good that this guy is suing her and the IVY as well! It is high time somebody does something to stop these clubs from serving minors and make them follow the law like they are supposed to. If the ABC isn't doing their job then I hope anyone who sees these brats being served anywhere has a camera on their cell phone and takes pictures and reports them! They better start staying home. It is just not the paparrazi they should be trying to avoid in this day and age!

And as someone has posted, just imagine what this lush is going to do once she is 21.

Deb

This is the one that TMZ just wrote about where the guy had written to her looking for the payment of $3,624 to cover cost of repairing van. Nobody responded. Therefore taking her to court -- good. Hope it sticks. Also naming The Ivy as there has to be accountability for serving underage. She said she was being chased by paparazzi which then changed to a van making an illegal U trun.

Someone mentioned why she wasn't charged for the cocaine found. That's a recent accident with no other vehicles involved. This one she said she was being chased too I think. No charges have come out of this one yet as she was wisked off to rehab. Should be soon when we find out as her rehab if it is the standard 30 days should be up soon.

This makes at least 3 she has used the excuse of being chased. Not to bright -- the same excuse gets old and worn out and no one believes you.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Please quit picking on the Lohan's... the Press is after them because of Dina's affair with Stedman... TMZ please show some fairness...

chismosa

This one too needs to pay for her illegal partying these all brats need to learn the hard way and that is....hummm Heard of the saying,"You do the crime,You pay with time" jail that is.

dave

Yea I agree with Jiggy kick his ass out of here.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

Let's see. a week ago his claim was for a few thousand for damage to the van. Now he wants over 200,000? Obviously some ambulance chasing attorney called him. The damages were sufficient that a cop must have taken a report. Funny how he didn't notice what the plantiff is claiming and arrested her for DUI then. If he knew she were "drunk" why did he not bring it up at the scene because without her being charged for DUI and no alcohol test taken he has a better chance winning the lottery than this case. The cockroachs seem to come out of the woodwork when a celebrity is in trouble huh? I'd be surprised if the judge even pays for the damages to his van after this bogus claim.

Anonymous

Dr M : STOP ENABLING THIS LITTLE BRAT ALREADY!. She's a spoiled rotten pimple on the face of society! If you want to preach to someone, choose her mother. She could use it. Geeze....

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

Wow, I remember it now. I saw her 4 years ago break into my 84 Chevy and steal 300,000 in coins--I'll calling my attorney! I'll be fair and settle for 250k thou.

Allred Tree

Is her stupid mother really having an affair with Stedman? Graham?

CHICANAANGEL

#13 ALL DUE RESPECT I UNDERSTAND UR POINT BUT THIS IS TMZ NOT A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT...LILO IS A HOE ASS DRUNK SKANKY LIL REHABED 100 TIMES FREKELED LIL FREAK! POINT SAID

Lana

Has Paris taught her nothing? Drunk driving=bad. Stop doing it! I am counting on seeing her in more trouble and I really can't wait until she goes to jail for it. Maybe then she will realize what a selfish little brat she has become and she will stop this stuff. It's sad that she is nineteen and has been arrested for DUI when she isn't even allowed to drink yet, and is being sued. Success story right there. I bet she is very proud of herself.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments