Was Paris a Victim of "The Nancy Grace Effect"?

6/14/2007 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CNN Headline News anchor Nancy Grace has been one of the harshest critics of Sheriff Lee Baca's handling of Paris Hilton, but did she have a hand in getting Paris transferred last night?

Grace slammed Hilton and her "medical condition" on her June 12 show, saying, "I want to find out how attention deficit disorder, mild and very recent depression, dry skin and a bout of claustrophobia can land you in a privileged unit reserved for the acutely medically ill. I don't understand that."

Today, TMZ asked Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore if Grace or any other person in the media had anything to do with the Sheriff's decision. Whitmore told us, "No. The Sheriff, after he gets consultation and receives the best information available, makes the decision."

Hard to blame him if it did though -- Grace can be kind of scary.

Rosie the chauvinist

Nancy Grace was engaged to a boy in college. He was murdered by an unknown assailant. I can't remember if they ever solved the case. Her life was changed forever. She decided to become a lawyer to try to get rid of criminals and help victims of crime.

She apparently has never really gotten over the murder of the man she loved and has not chosen to marry up til now. Who knows what she will do in the future.

Sometimes I find her tv style a big too aggressive for my taste, but she is sincere in her energetic search to get criminals off the street. And as someone said, she has been a very successful prosecutor for many years. That's how she got the tv show.

Mary T.

61. I think Nancy Grace is one of the real people on television. I think she does an excellent job; she tells it like it is. As for her causing a suicide, I don't know the story, but if people want to kill themselves, another human is not responsible. Only the person who commits this act.
************************************************************************
If you had seen the show where she questioned the woman ...you might rethink your statement......She was the only one who knew where the little boy was and GRACIE DISGRACE.....questioned and harrassed her so much....she killed herself...the little boy has never been found

Paris is a tramp

They still have not found litte Trenton Duckett. Oh and by the way, Nancy Grace keeps the story of that sweet little boy in the news, hopefully someone with information will come forward because of it. We love you Nancy, keep up the good work friend.

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

HARVEY LEVINS ..........EVERYONE IS SICK OF PARIS HILTON .....WILL YOU'VE

SOME RESPECT AND TALK ABOUT PEOPLE WHO'S NICER AND NOT IN TROUBLE ..

CALM YOUR STORIES DOWN SOME .............I CAN'T STAND PARIS , AND ALL THESE

YOUNG CELEBS .............ALL THEY DO IS SLUT AROUND .....WE DONT WANT TO

KNOW ABOUT IT .................THESE PARENTS DIDN'T RAISE THERE KIDS UP RIGHT.......

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

Does anybody know the # to call Nancy Grace's show? Who are these "dings" that call in telling her how much they love her? The screener prbly would cut me off if I gotta chance to say "Shut the hell up and let me speak, NANCY!" You know she prbly goes home and drinks a pint or two. How can a person be so full of acid venom on a daily basis?

jackdaniels

Go Nancy you get em, tell it like it is, people cant handle the truth, there is nothing wrong with parasite hilter Hilton, shes a cry baby racists bitch

Barb

Well, Nancy Grace did berate a young girl in FL who's son "went missing" and the girl killed herself. There's been speculation that the kid is alive and that this mother sold him to a child smuggling ring.
Now, Parisite. I don't think it hurt to let viewers nationally, know the cost of keeping a prisoner in the "ding". Over $1100.00 per day. A regular cell is about $99.84 per day. The "step down" med. unit must be cheaper that the "ding". She's doing the taxpayers of CA a favor!
It wasn't fair to shelter the dip in an area that's nicer for her without good reason. She's still very sheltered from the general population. That Sheriff is a Hilton butt kisser.

Mia

The woman is a bitter old hag. Has made a career off her "victimhood". She is the ultimate perpetual vicitm! Those that watch her show, in some way have been victimized themselves (probably by a male), and they cling to her as some GODDESS, so they can join her and wallow in their own PITY. Instead of having her own show, she should have her own couch somewhere in a THERAPISTS office!

She has LIED about the facts regarding the murder of her fiance ( he was killed 25 yrs ago), SHE has LIED about her "record" as a prosecutor, and SHE LIES every time her lips move.

Headline News should of fired her azz, after her despicable display not only in the , Duke Lacrosse case, but with the Duckett case as well.

Do some research on how many times this lady has been slapped by the Georgia State Bar, for misconduct.

Not a fan of Nancy Grace? Go to FireNancyGrace.com...and voice your disapproval of this woman!

Gloria Picchetti

Journalism was Hunter S Thompson. Journalism was Daniel Pearl. Journalism was Edward R Murrow. Grace is a shrew. It's only Grace in your face.

dirty white boy.

SHE WOULD SCARE A RAINBOW OFF A TROUT..

Paris is a tramp

I did watch when she questioned Melinda Duckett, and like I've said before, if Melinda Duckett didn't want to be questioned she shouldn't have agreed to be interviewed. Her guilty conscience made her kill herself.

Terry

To post #79 "Andrea"
I also saw the news story & coverage your mentioning in your post. I was so disturbed by it, I cant get it out of my mind. That hospital became numb and lost all human compassion.
How devastating to have to call 911 to try to get some one to come to a hospital to save your loved one!
This story only gets more disturbing, and we have not even seen the video of the janitor cleaning around her as she laid dying yet.
I'm not sure I want to!
It is hard to give Paris a thought after such a unessasary death as this women suffered.

Jas32

Nancy Grace, the more press she gets (good or bad) the longer she'll stick around. This woman is a train wreck of Hiltonian proportions.

TBTB

Nancy Grace is a stupid bitch who cant stand to be proven wrong...she sits all day and harps on her glass pedstal with her terrible hair. She didnt even show up to her damn show when she was proven wrong about the Duke Rape case...she has no room to talk about Paris. I am certainly not Paris' biggest fan..in fact I really can't stand her but I can't help but pity her because of the fact that they are making a huge example of her for no reason..she had a minor violation while Jason Whaler doesnt have to do any jail time....why dont you talk about that Nancy...

Dee

Having the likes of Nancy Grace and Bill O' Riley on tv make people think. They encourage people to ask questions, to not take things at face value. We may not always agree with their views and opinions, but their work do contribute in keeping viewers informed and encouraging viewers to be critical thinkers.