Candy to Britney: It's No Pap Smear

6/16/2007 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dear Britney:

You made me do it. I didn't plan to write another letter now. I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I didn't feel strongly about what anyone was doing -- or else I couldn't decide which side to believe.

You've driven me back to my laptop to ask why, if you have to slither in and out of cars, do clumsy imitations of gymnasts and wear clothes that are just too tight, trashy or skimpy, do you have to pose in front of photographers all the time? We've seen the body parts, poses and clumsy attention-seeking tricks before. You're wearing out your welcome. Some people never can turn away from a train wreck, so who can blame the photographers for waiting for your next one? Do you really want captions such as TMZ's own "Victim of Pap Smear" and "Does Britney Change Clothes for Cash" to be your legacy? You can do much better.

Unlike some others who are famous for being famous, you initially earned the fame and respect you achieved. You were a giant star, a Mouseketeer, a singer whose song titles became part of everyone's vocabulary. You made some missteps. We all do. But, when you become more famous for hideous, irresponsible actions than accomplishments, it's time to step back and figure out where you want your life to go. So many young girls still see you as a role model. Give those kids a reason to look up to you. They're probably even tired of the endless speculation about what undergarments you may or may not be wearing. I know their parents would like you to move on and get dressed. Even the school uniform was more dignified.

You're doing all right with the wigs. I know the paparazzi have a bounty on your (wigless) head. I think it's great that you have a variety of wigs (some very stylish) when you go out in public. If you do feel you need to show how your hair is growing back, at least make a deal with a photographer to sell the photo and donate the money to charity. Do you know what a statement that would make?

Enough with the sorry grabs for attention. Deep down, especially for your sons, people want you to succeed. You can always get attention if you need it. Visit someone famous in jail and attract a zillion photographers if you're that addicted to fame. Americans like winners. We like those stories about what people do with second chances. How about a moratorium on train wrecks and some time out for paying back the fans who helped you succeed?

Best,

Candy Spelling

alicia

Paige Nast must be a friend, or a wannabe friend, of Paris or Britney. I love that Candy has the balls to tell the truth about these attention seeking brats. Candy Spelling does not need to be a celebrity..if anyone has any sort of a memory this woman was in the media after her husband died, and hid out from the attention. She has enough money to buy us all, and her name alone is more famous than anyone can attempt to be. IF anyone is seeking out the media, it's the Hilton family with their transparent attempts at friendship with Barbara Walters, and Britney with the constant showing of her crotch. I fell bad for Britney. She's lost and needs to step back from it all. We didn't see all of these deliberate crotch shots five years ago. She needs some mental help. Candy is just trying to remind her that she became famous because she has talent, not because she showed her crotch to America. I don't see anything negative about that statement. Paris just needs to go away, and enjoy her wealth like other socialites her age. As for the war in Iraq, and coverage of it...anyone with half a brain knows that innocent people are dying everyday, and hopefully we are all reading the New York Times to keep up with that information, but TMZ is where we all go to give ourselves a break from the madness of this world. Unlike you and I, Candy, The Hiltons', Britney, they are all in the same community, so it is not wrong or unheard of for anyone in that circle to have an opinion. We all know that the same people getting all of the coverage in the tabloid media court it, and read things like Us Weekly and TMZ. What better way for her to get the point across?

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

Candy needs to watch who she bashes! Britney loves attention and bitch-slapping Candy up and down the sidewalk would get her a lot of it! Hollywood is no different than anyplace else. If you keep shooting your mouth off about people sooner or later one of them is gonna look you up and kick your ass!

Angiebaby

Dear Candy,
You are a gazillionaire, single (Sadly, this is due to the loss of your partner, Aaron, and I would never joke about your loss.), have tons of friends, a new grandchild and so much more. It surprises me you have time to write to TMZ. Well, since you read the posts... I was wondering... could you send me a few million dollars? Listen to some of the sad facts of my existence. I am unable to get pedicures as often as I need them. Tragically, this has left me with Wilma Flinstone feet. My pick-up truck, a rather nice full-size Nissan Titan, needs detailing. The wheels are so covered in break dust, they look like standard vehicle issue. Can you imagine my embarrassment? To be completely honest with you, I need a head transplant, but I haven't found a physician willing to try it without insurance coverage. This leaves me with only one good option... head-to-toe lipo. And a breast lift. And a ass lift. And a face lift. Of course, some really cute fat (not phat) clothes would help me tremendously in the interim. I know exactly what you're thinking, girlfriend... If this woman is single, how will she ever get a man with teeth? I hope your reputation for giving money to a good cause is accurate, 'cause I surely need your help. This will give you something to do which will help you feel better about yourself, and make the other two of us happy... me, because I don't believe in fairy tales, but you can change that. And Paris, who is wondering why you don't have a life either. I will be watching for your post, God love you.
Angela

Deb

Bravo to Candy. Brit, if she is getting private advice, doesn't seem to get it. Maybe by going public, it can be viewed as public humilation and might open her ears.

So many keep asking where Brit's Mom is. Asking why people are not speaking truthfully to Brit. Well, here is someone that has stepped outside the box and publicly shown by writing on here and therefore the media will have a harder time in spinning what she wrote. If she had done it privately, the media, should they have got their hands on it, would have had a feast. So according to many of the mean spirited posts, she can't win no matter what. These "starlets" keep surrounding themselves with 'yes' people and really do need someone to slap them up the side of the head with some truth.

Some posts I've read -- Candy get a job -- you don't know what Paris, Brit & Lindsay are going through with the press. Hello. Do these people have such a short shallow memory that they have forgotten who her husband was. She's lived around this media crap for years.

People with kids know their own listen to someone else but not their own parents. It would have been nice if someone had written to Tori, which she may have taken into consideration. It is easier to see the whole picture from the outside in than when it's a personal matter. Tori had no intention of listening to anything from her mother. Anything that would have been said would have fallen on deaf ears. Did we ever want to listen to our parents -- NOT. We believed our parents to be stupid and didn't understand.

As to the Spelling estate fiasco -- we as general public have no idea what really happened. The stuff printed was a lot of speculation. It was Tori's father's Will dividing the estate as it did. Not Candy.

Remember people -- they are the one's living in the fishbowls and we are the ones looking in and don't have all the info. We get snippets and form our opinions. The media keeps printing and spinning the snippets. You keep hearing the media saying "We only do these stories because the public wants to know". When are the media going to get it -- Most of us do not want or need to know. These tabloid shows -- go away. The media has declared themselves to be the ones that 'know what we want'. If the media had ESP, well, they didn't read my mind or if they did, they got it wrong. If the photographers actually went and got real jobs and ignored these 'starlets', the path they take may have been very different.

Avenging Angel

If Tori would just get Britney to hire Amy Fisher
to do the hit on Kathy,
then everybody would be happy

me

I like it that Candy wrote an open letter to Britney Spears. She is not hiding anything she told Britney and speaking on behalf of most of us anyway. If I, a nobody, a regular person, wrote that letter, it would not get front page air play. The best I could get is the end of the comments. So, I thank Candy for bringing it out in the open. ( And Britney, if you do read the comments, you look nothing like your former "Lolita" self. My 2 sons who are 15 and 11, think you are disgusting and so do all their friends...So who are you trying to "turn on" with these pics? Or is it just for the $$$ like we are hearing? Making money at the expense of your own family's shame. That is just bad Kharma you are racking up. Watch yourself.

Britney has been fooling the public for many years now (by making the world think she was something was not) and she made a ton of money doing it. If you followed what happened after she realized that the dreaded pics were all over the internet, then you know how upset she was to have her "cover" blown to bits. She can never be that "innocent" girl again, never be taken seriously, never have our respect and why? Because she did her 2 boys a huge injustice that will be their shame forever. Anyone who has kids, especially sons, knows these guys are going to be internally humiliated for life when they are older and realize what kind of mother they have.

For every pic of Momma's private parts being "accidentally" photographed and smeared all over the net for the whole world to see, she is showing a total lack of respect for those 2 poor kids. It will not matter how much money she gives them, the humiliation of these pictures will haunt them till the end.

ed

Way to go Candy speak your mind Britney needs a little more clothes so Candy go speed
shalom.

tuna marie

britney is a sad, lost human being. she needs serious mental health help, or she will surely be dead within the next few years. maybe candy is really trying to help this woman, but i don't think there is any help for her, because she won't admit she has a problem. lynn spears should be the one talking like this to her daughter, and i have a feeling she isn't. i feel for birtney's kids, for in a few years they will see all the pictures of their pitiful mom and be scarred forever.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

alicia--you're an idiot! Candy Spelling is a nothing! She was having affairs while her husband was withering away! Good reason to hide from the press when he died!! You don't help anyone by talking to them in front of an audience. You offend them! If you really wanna help you do a one on one with them. Do you think that if Candy hadn't married Aaron Spelling she'd be worth 600 mil? Marrying someone great doesn't make you great, dingbat! She ran a lottery for a charity won the car herself and kept it instead of donating it to a good cause and you look up to her? You're as pathetic as she is!!

Eugene

Dear Candy,

You are amazing. Can you please continue your commentary, maybe you can start a blog? I couldn't agree with you more about Britney, I do want her to succeed but deep down (somewhere) I keep wanting to see her humiliate herself....but also like you, I don't want to see it as much as I want to see it from Paris...BRING ON MORE CRYING PICTURES OF PARIS!!!

Anyway, how about that Candy Spelling blog?

Kisses and Puppies,

Uge

Michelle

Unfortunately, I think Britney is too far gone, too much of a train wreck, too much of an exhibitionist, to listen to Candy or anyone. But Candy's words made a lot of sense. I hope Britney starts listening to someone---she has tanked, personally and professionally. Her sons deserve better.

rosie

112. Good advice, Candy!

I'm tired of looking at Britney's crotch and boobs and I don't imagine her sons will enjoy seeing all that when they get older.

Posted at 10:48AM on Jun 16th 2007 by GMc
If you would stop watching tv, reading magazines all day. Get a job , get off of welfare .Move out of the trailer park . Get a life, then you would not be seeing her crotch and boobs .

Catherine

Britney is so yesterday.Thats why she wants all the attention.Since she can't get it from
her musical talent she creates opportunties to get attention, even if it's in a negative way.Grow up Britney,you're a Mom now and some day these things will come back to haunt you.You wanted children and you can't handle the responsibilty.Give your sons to Kevin and let him and Shar raise them in a healthy and loving enviorment .Children need stability and thats just something you can never give them.You are very self absorbed and I feel sorry for you.I so agree with Candy Spelling and I hope her open letter to you makes you see the error of your ways.

Vidi

Poor Candy Spelling, obviously the woman is lonely - why else would she embarrass herself like this? Doesn't she have any friends to keep her occupied at the country club?

Candy - here is a good piece of advice - get involved with some chartiy work, don't just dole out the cash, get involved - you can do so much good and it will bring people into your life who you can interact with because your kids don't seem to give you the time of day, poor, poor Candy......I guess money isn't everything,

If you don't want to do that, then get a paid companion and travel, and stay away from computers while you're at it so the rest of us peons don't have to feel sorry for you in your big mansion with all that money to waste...

Hey Paige......great comments!

Vidi

Kait

At least one of the hollywood moms out there is actually telling it like it is to these adults who act like children. Some of you may not think it's Candy's place to write these letters, but someone needs to say these things to these "women".