Candy to Britney: It's No Pap Smear

6/16/2007 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dear Britney:

You made me do it. I didn't plan to write another letter now. I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I didn't feel strongly about what anyone was doing -- or else I couldn't decide which side to believe.

You've driven me back to my laptop to ask why, if you have to slither in and out of cars, do clumsy imitations of gymnasts and wear clothes that are just too tight, trashy or skimpy, do you have to pose in front of photographers all the time? We've seen the body parts, poses and clumsy attention-seeking tricks before. You're wearing out your welcome. Some people never can turn away from a train wreck, so who can blame the photographers for waiting for your next one? Do you really want captions such as TMZ's own "Victim of Pap Smear" and "Does Britney Change Clothes for Cash" to be your legacy? You can do much better.

Unlike some others who are famous for being famous, you initially earned the fame and respect you achieved. You were a giant star, a Mouseketeer, a singer whose song titles became part of everyone's vocabulary. You made some missteps. We all do. But, when you become more famous for hideous, irresponsible actions than accomplishments, it's time to step back and figure out where you want your life to go. So many young girls still see you as a role model. Give those kids a reason to look up to you. They're probably even tired of the endless speculation about what undergarments you may or may not be wearing. I know their parents would like you to move on and get dressed. Even the school uniform was more dignified.

You're doing all right with the wigs. I know the paparazzi have a bounty on your (wigless) head. I think it's great that you have a variety of wigs (some very stylish) when you go out in public. If you do feel you need to show how your hair is growing back, at least make a deal with a photographer to sell the photo and donate the money to charity. Do you know what a statement that would make?

Enough with the sorry grabs for attention. Deep down, especially for your sons, people want you to succeed. You can always get attention if you need it. Visit someone famous in jail and attract a zillion photographers if you're that addicted to fame. Americans like winners. We like those stories about what people do with second chances. How about a moratorium on train wrecks and some time out for paying back the fans who helped you succeed?

Best,

Candy Spelling

LAME

By the way.... Why does Candy continue sending letter to TMZ on behalf of these tramps?

Wouldn't she, ummm like, send something like this via snail mail or messanger directly to her project "save-adult-children" cause?

Candy are you too getting buzzed at the keyboard?

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

I cant believe you have done this again. First Larry Birkhead, Paris Hilton, Joe Francis, and now Britney Spears?!

Incredulous.

Terry

stretcharmstrong

I don't know how old you are. But there is a time when one is no longer responsible for the choices their children make. Find something her daughter did while she was 18 and younger ok?
You think Candy was happy about her choice's? Seems to me she was not and then people condemed her for being "mean" to her daughter. Boo hoo.

Romeo752

No Candy she can't do better!

SECURITY NY

No one can be on their guard every single second of their lives

Mission

Nice try Candy, but you know Britney, little miss snarky, I doubt she'll listen even when called out.

and stretcharmstrong, sit & spin. People break up all the time, you must be the bitter ex wife. Jealousy is a bitch.

Maruichan

Ugh, it's not worth it! Why do we read this stuff? There's more interesting stuff on the back of my shampoo bottle!

I didn't even bother reading the whole letter. I mean it's nice to know what kinda psychology is involved that make people act so overboard, but this is just gay-tarded. Look, I know people want to do good in the world and in some screwed up way people convince themselves that they are doing good NO MATTER how their actions make other people think of them. But give me a break, I'm gonna turn off TMZ.com for a while and save my two cents for elsewhere.

Between Paris Hilton & Candy Spite, what else is real news these days? ... I'm being sarcastic--sitting inside a shack trying to pick up aliens is a better hobby than reading this cr*p.

Sarah

Good for Candy. We're of similar age and I too know how hard it was to raise a daughter...however, not in Hollywood. I appreciated any support that I could get from women looking after our daughters. At least she takes the time and effort to try to reach these girls....like, aren't their moms around....apparently not. Keep it up, my friend....Houston moms support you.

Candy and Brit both suck

Candy, Candy, Candy:

What was that I read about you allegedly getting friendly with a man before your legend-of-a-husband passed away? And about those stars who are famous for being famous, what is it that you do again? Oh, that's right, you married a famous producer who earned his fame and respect, which became 50% yours under California, right? You know what they say about people who live in glass houses... Toodles

paige nast

ok please ms good for candy. trying to reach out? LAUGHABLE how dumb are you. Let's remember the fact that she claims to be such a good family friend. Well lets see ms do-gooder. If your FAMILY FRIEND was suffering a terrible drug addiction, would you humiliate him/her in your local newspaper in a letter telling them they need help, or deal with it in private. If you chose the first option, kill yourself. You're a scorn of humanitity. You only want attention, you dont care to help. Just like CAAANNNDY!

J

Ridiculous. She calls Britney attention seeking? LMFAO

Why doesn't she write an open letter to her daughter whose affair with a MARRIED man ruined the lives of his children and his wife?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

zombalia

Amen! I have serious trouble admitting that I'm still a fan, but I am! There's nothing I want more than for her to blow us all away with the most amazing album, clean up her image, and devote more time to her kids. I think she's very capable. It saddens me to see her this way, I hope she finds what it is she's looking for(I assume, herself) and comes back to us soon. We miss you Britney!

Terry

O wow Tori "Incredulous" ? Do you think TMZ blogs come with a Dictionary?
Break it down in the future, Some of us went to public school!
lmao
ps. Do you have homemade biscuits & gravy at the Inn?

Regina

Candy Spelling shouldnt talk! Her daughter was just as Trashy 10 years ago. The only difference is that no one gave a crap about Tori Spelling. For years the Spellings tried to buy Tori the kind of fame that Britney has...even giving her a TV show (90210). But it didnt work.

monkey do

Ok.... come on people, you all know it's Britney being Britney, she can be who she wants, money lets you, she earned it. nuff said. Now why don't you ponder the thought of the new hair-do, she's gotta have at least an inch under there, or is she going to stay bald.???