Candy to Britney: It's No Pap Smear

6/16/2007 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dear Britney:

You made me do it. I didn't plan to write another letter now. I took two weeks off from TMZ.com because I didn't feel strongly about what anyone was doing -- or else I couldn't decide which side to believe.

You've driven me back to my laptop to ask why, if you have to slither in and out of cars, do clumsy imitations of gymnasts and wear clothes that are just too tight, trashy or skimpy, do you have to pose in front of photographers all the time? We've seen the body parts, poses and clumsy attention-seeking tricks before. You're wearing out your welcome. Some people never can turn away from a train wreck, so who can blame the photographers for waiting for your next one? Do you really want captions such as TMZ's own "Victim of Pap Smear" and "Does Britney Change Clothes for Cash" to be your legacy? You can do much better.

Unlike some others who are famous for being famous, you initially earned the fame and respect you achieved. You were a giant star, a Mouseketeer, a singer whose song titles became part of everyone's vocabulary. You made some missteps. We all do. But, when you become more famous for hideous, irresponsible actions than accomplishments, it's time to step back and figure out where you want your life to go. So many young girls still see you as a role model. Give those kids a reason to look up to you. They're probably even tired of the endless speculation about what undergarments you may or may not be wearing. I know their parents would like you to move on and get dressed. Even the school uniform was more dignified.

You're doing all right with the wigs. I know the paparazzi have a bounty on your (wigless) head. I think it's great that you have a variety of wigs (some very stylish) when you go out in public. If you do feel you need to show how your hair is growing back, at least make a deal with a photographer to sell the photo and donate the money to charity. Do you know what a statement that would make?

Enough with the sorry grabs for attention. Deep down, especially for your sons, people want you to succeed. You can always get attention if you need it. Visit someone famous in jail and attract a zillion photographers if you're that addicted to fame. Americans like winners. We like those stories about what people do with second chances. How about a moratorium on train wrecks and some time out for paying back the fans who helped you succeed?

Best,

Candy Spelling

mind your own family affairs, lady!

I have never commented before on this stuff, but feel compelled to do so now. i am not a britney fan, however, i am guilty reading the tabloids that report her every move. With that said, Mrs. Spelling: If this is really you, please mind your own business and focus on your strained relationship with your daughter versus writing these letters to the media regarding celebrities that are really NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. focus instead on the mending of your "solid" family unit. why don't YOU do something with your fame and money and give back, or focus on the needy? I find it odd that you would post these letters on TMZ vs. having your people send the letter privately to her people? This isn't the first time you have done this and I can't help but feel that you are one lonely woman that is desperate for attention of any sort. Positive or negative. You are unbelievable. No wonder your daughter is where she is with you...you can't seem to stay out of other people's business. Are you drinking or something?

wrestlingfanforlife

Candy needs to just mind her own business. It seems like all she's doing is trying to get a little publicity for herself. Granted, a lot of people have wanted to have the chance to tell of Britney lately, but Candy needs to butt-out. She has no right telling people how they should live their lives when she damn near wrote her own daughter out of hers! It doesn't matter what your kids do, you are supposed to love them no matter what, and it seems as though Candy loves her kids conditionally. "If you behave this way, I think I'll still love you." It's wrong. Tori and her hubby are not the first people in history to cheat. (No, it's not right, but it happened) If anyone should have been mad at Tori it's Dean's ex and HER mother, not Tori's own. She wasn't happy, so she went and made herself happy. Candy just needs to quit with these letters, and slink back home and shut the hell up. No more publicity for you.

Lani

I agree with Candy Spelling, I mean come on someones got to give Brittney advice on how to be a lady. Its quite aparant her own mother wont for fear of rocking the boat with Brittney, I mean think about it, who do you think bought and paid for the big house and flashy new car Lynn Spears lives in and drives? Everyone jusy caters to Brittney like shes a damn royal princess, this is why we see this behavior, she hasnt been taught or brought up right,shes very un-educated and as I see it flat out dumb, this is the behavior of a person who is screaming out for attention, even though she claims she doesnt want her picture taken and wants to be left alone, these are lies, she loves it, and if the media stopped taking her picture and left her alone, she would begin to seek them out , deep inside she loves all the attention on her, and thinks of it as a positive thing, reality is, people are making fun of her and laughing behind her back. She is a train wreck in process, and its a sad thing, not for Brittney but for her children.

alissa

Dee

Open Letter To Candy Spelling:

Dear Candy,

How do you sit in front of your laptop and cricify people for their actions when you are the cruelest of them all? What kind of mother inherits the money that you have and leaves her own flesh and blood with pennies in comparison. Does someone with that kind of family values have a right to dish out personal views and advise to the misguided when YOU are the worst of them all?

Candy, as a mother and a fellow TMZ reader, get of your high horse, get to know your own family again and quit spending so much wasted time trying to achieve the celebrity that you are seeking. Be happy with who you are - someone who was married to someone famous and nothing more.

Make your own fame by getting involved and SPEAK OUT about some charity causes instead of speaking out on TMZ.

Regards

michelle

I agree with what she says in this letter - however, what is her problem? She is very strange, releasing public letters to these people. It's weird.

Clinton

13. No one can be on their guard every single second of their lives
Posted at 3:58AM on Jun 16th 2007 by Body Guards

*************

If you have an ounch of class, you don't have to.

kd

Candy summed it all up when she told Britney to "Get dressed!"

Clinton

73. Whoever wrote the letter makes sense, Candy or not. As far as Tori "stealing" anyone, the truth is NOBODY can steal anyone away from anyone. The other person has to want to leave. Its the person in the relationship who chooses to go with another person. So blame Tori's husband for ruining his first marriage. Again, nobody can "steal" or "take someone away" from anyone.
Posted at 8:47AM on Jun 16th 2007 by alissa

**************

Ok, so TWO low-life's got together.

whatever

Paige, it's "ridiculous" not "rediculous".

ahab

"Enough with the sorry grabs for attention."

Candy, take some of your own advice. Shut your mouth. I don't like her ass any more than you do, but you are judging people left and right and just making yourself look smaller with each letter. I feel so bad for your daughter.

Tammy

AMEN!!!!! What is so wrong about what Candy is doing or saying?? Everyone Knows what she is saying is true. Britney needs to get some sense and stop flaunting herself as some homeless white trash skank off the Louisana streets.
Yeah Tori may be a homewrecker but at least her mom is trying to make some kind of change in someone else's child.

Clinton

When actors, singers, celebrities, get to the point where they begin getting too full of themselves, STOP GIVING THEM YOUR "ENTERTAINMENT" DOLLARS. Everytime you give money to ANYTHING they endorse, your endorsing THEM. Their "backers" will leave them high-and-dry if their "appeal" doesn't equate to marketing dollars. So, bad-mouth them all you want, but quit giving them (and those that use them) your money. Simple as that.

Hazel

I think Britney is real (whether good or bad) She said it in her interview with Matt Lauer during her pregnancy to Jayden and her response to driving with Sean in her lap, "I'm country!" Let's not forget that she was a puppet pop star for the whole world to gawk over and now she's just letting all hang out. I really think at her age (I'm not that much older then her) she's going through an identity crisis (just like all young people) but it's probably even harder being in the spotlight. It seems like now she really embraces motherhood, but there are still some underlying issues that she's dealing with (besides getting knocked up by Kevin in some short period of time) I think living in L.A also makes you a target to such things, but she obviously loves it and needs to do crazy antics (such as this weeks ass flash to the back seat of the car antic) to fill the void that she has in her life.
I wish her all the best and don't think she will come back with this so-called "comeback album" she talked about earlier during her sudden breakdown. She's old-news in the music and entertainment industry, but now only a fixation with paparazzi and tabloids.
I'll always like her music, but I never thought she was going to last that long anyway, because again like what she said, "I'm country!." Look at all the stars who came from the "country" - Miss Usa Tara Conner also used her "country" status to explain for her behaviour. I'm Canadian, so I don't know what it really means to say this "I'm country" line to explain for behaviour. Anyway, I hope Britney finds herself and maybe eventually find some normalcy in her life. I think a good man who will love and shelter her and probably a move away from L.A to raise her sons in a non-Hollywood environment will make her happy.

Ann

Hmmm.......Candy Cant pick up a phone and tell her own daughter her father dies...but...she can write letters about how inmoral other woman are...hmmmm...interesting.