Wayans to El Paso: F**k You and Good Night!

6/18/2007 8:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Damon WayansComedian Damon Wayans walked out right before a sold-out performance in El Paso, Tex. on Friday night because two female friends of his were not "immediately allowed into the club," the El Paso Times reports.

According to the paper, Wayans left five minutes before his second show on Friday, and shows on Saturday and Sunday -- all sold out -- were cancelled as well. Apparently "Marci X" was never shown in Texas.

The Times says anyone who purchased tickets to the show will get their mo' money back. Calls to Wayans' reps were not immediately returned.

UPDATE (6/20) -- Damon's reps sent TMZ this statement:

Never in 20 years of performing comedy has Damon walked out on a performance. Unfortunately, after driving 14 hours from LA to El Paso and looking forward to performing all weekend, Damon was put in the position where he felt he had no other choice than to leave. The Comic Strip comedy club had neglected its contractual obligations, and Damon was not receiving anything close to the warm welcome that the El Paso audiences were giving him. We regret that the actions of a club owner affected audiences coming to experience a great night of comedy.

southernman

Wayans is a piece of crap. As a radio producer several years ago, we had him scheduled on our morning show to promote his latest movie. He showed up 2 hours late - missing the show completely, still drunk from the night before - and acted like an arrogant jerk the entire time. He may have "talent" - but he has NO class. He is dog squeeze.

David

For #149 I think that the poster intended the remark about the club seating 8 to be sarcasm.
You don't pick up on things quickly, do you?

As for whomever this (and I use the word entertainer with great hesitation) is, bad form.
But then, what would you expect. I don't know who to look down on more, him or the people that would go see him.

adriant

FYI: Damon Wayan's friends were gonna be let in and seated after all the rest
of the people with a purchased ticket were seated first. He didn't like that, and left
five minutes before his show. What a jerkoff!!

Kat

What a joke! You would think that Damon would know that anyone could say they are "friends" of his. The doorman was just doing his job....not sure where anyone can see racism in that! #12.....where do you get off saying that #11was being a racist? I have read and re-read #11 and I just don't see it! Now you on the other hand.......you brought up liking chicken!

Surprised!!

He's a piece of s%#t

kiki

I was there that night,and those "friends" were stripers he met the night before. I saw him leave with them along with his son who was also there. I still haven't received my refund!

Priscilla

El Paso is a very friendly military town/city with a small black population. We look forward to comics taking the time to present their shows in El Paso. We tend to be overlooked at times but every comic in the industry knows that El Paso is one of the cities that will support them all the way...sold out shows all the time. It is regretful that due to a misunderstanding between the bouncers and Damon's people, our military people (the great majority of the audience) were left without some much needed relief in these times of war. Mr. Wayans, I hope you reconsider and come back to El Paso. If you don't want to perform for an open audience atleast consider having a private performace for our military. Your still welcomed!!!

Truth

Damon Wayans might be funny. He might of done well in his career. But he's still an A-Hole. I personally saw him try to pick up my date in a club. Asked her if she wanted to go for a "ride" in his Limo. She said "Damon you're married" and he said "so what?". When he found out I was the boyfriend, he said hi to me very embarrassed and left like a dog with its tail in between his legs. True Story. He got Stood UP while his wife was waiting for him at home. LOSER. Wonder what sults he had with him that night,

Vicki

DAMON WAYANS AND ALL OF HIS BROTHERS AND SISTER ARE AWESOME!! SORRY, WHAT ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE 10 YEARS OLD. EVER HEARD OF IN LIVING COLOR? EVER WATCH HIS TV SHOW? MAN, GET A LIFE !!

chucodimebag

Ok a lot of people don't know what happened, but I am one of the bartenders at The Comic Strip. Basically the owners wanted to get all the paying customers in and seated first then try to seat Damons friends. I know the doormen and they are not racist. How old is that freaking excuse? Anybody that does go in on a regular basis knows Mike aka "Snoop". If these people were racist would they hire a black man and let him run the bar as a bar manager and head bartender? Damon you cost a lot of people money including the servers and bartenders that were counting on a great weekend. Thanks a lot.

deve8

So heres the thing...the "female friends" of his were actually strippers that he hired to have waiting for him in the back of the club. the club owner didnt let them in because El Paso just passed a retarded law that doesn't allow strippers within 6 feet of "customers" so the Club owner didnt want to claim any responsibility so they didnt let them in. I live in the area and have been to that club numerous times, its not the largest place in the world but it has seen many big acts...most recently Dave Chappell was there not too long ago.

I am Just Sayin..........

I'm in El Paso and bought a ticket........I could not believe that he did that. And yes, all shows were sold out and people were still looking for tickets. People drove from Mexico and New Mexico to see him, just to be disappointed. It was awful........I'm just sayin............

Snoopalicious

I worked that night and all i have to say, Just Say No. Damon Owes me and my staff money. God Bless You

whatever

they werent homegirls... they were strippers

Shane Miller

Damon Wayans is one of the only legends of Comedy left. He deserves respect. What people don't understand that some comedy club owners are shady and disrespectful to the talent that they book. Mr. Wayans deserves his due respect. What's funny is everyone that's hating on Damon are the same people who see him on the streets and yell, "I LOVE HOMIE". If it was Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy, they would've reacted the same way. This hate does not effect Damon in any, come think about it, he'll just talk about it on stage and make you laugh about it. NUFF RESPECT, MR. WAYANS. HATERS DIE SLOW WITH A P@#$S IN YOUR MOUTH WITH AIDS

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments