Hillary's Horrendous Theme Song

6/19/2007 3:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comSen. Hillary Clinton asked her supporters to vote on a campaign song, and the results are horrifying.

Celine Dion's "You & I" was the winning choice, and if we didn't know better we'd think the voting was sabotaged. Bill won the presidency on "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" and W used "I Won't Back Down" in 2000 -- both of those have a some kind of campaign connection.

But the lyrics to "You and I" sound like someone taking a magical dream journey through the clouds, and not surprisingly, it was written by an adman for Air Canada! This isn't exactly the image you want to project when you're bucking for the biggest promotion in the free world. Check out the video TMZ whipped up to show what we mean.

Jane

We should have a woman for President. Maybe one day we will. But this freak isn't the one! Too weird.

cooky

She is running for president in the USA and could not even get an american artist song as her theme I guess free trade is working

me too

i voted for "bitch" by sir elton john. that suits her best.

Fred Flintstone

I voted for War Pigs from Black Sabbath

We have seen enough......

I heard this song was voted for. What planet do her supporters live on? Can they hear? I think she needs some new supporters.

Mimi

But the most urgent question surrounding Hillary's candidacy is: How will the Democrats out-macho us if Hillary is their presidential nominee? Unlike their last presidential nominee, she doesn't even have any fake Purple Hearts.

Still and all, Mrs. Clinton is probably the real front-runner based on: (1) the multiple millions of dollars she has raised, and (2) the fact that her leading Democratic opponent is named "Barack Hussein Obama." Or, as he's known at CNN, "Osama." Or, as he's known on the Clinton campaign, "The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations."

culturelady

THE SONG IS HORRENDOUS BECAUSE EVERYONE VOTED FOR THE WORST SO SHE WOULD LOSE! GOD FORBID THAT WOMAN BECOMES PRESIDENT! HOW CAN ANYONE RESPECT A PERSON WHO PROSTITUTES HERSELF FOR THE PRESIDENCY???? IF SHE HAD ANY SPINE WHATSOEVER, SHE WOULD HAVE LEFT THAT CHEATING BASTARD OF A HUSBAND LONG AGO. SHE DIDN'T BECAUSE SHE KNEW NO ONE WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR A SINGLE WOMAN - BUT IT IS GOING TO BACKFIRE BECAUSE NO ONE WILL VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN'T DUMP A WOMANIZER....IF SHE CAN'T CONTROL HER HUSBAND'S PRIVATE PART, HOW IN THE HECK CAN SHE CONTROL THE WORLD! WE'RE ALL DOOMED IF SHE GETS IN!

Rosie the chauvinist

Not that I care, but why can't she choose a song by an American, sung by an American, for the campaign song for the presidency of the United States of America? But I sure don't want to give her any good advice. It's more interesting to watch her shoot herself in the foot.

One candidate chooses a song by someone from Canada and the other candidate is named Osama Hussein Obama. He used to be a muslim and somebody converted, I guess. Or they say they did.

Rosie the chauvinist

I'll never be able to look at Rosie O'Donnell on tv without thinking about her rants and raves, calling terrorists "moms and dads just like you and me," and her very stupid statements about steel not melting.

The Price is Right? Does Bob Barker own some of that show? If so, she just might get it, and the only recourse is to stop watching it. Of course, I don't watch it at all, so it'll be hard for me to make a change there.

Bob Barker really is a terrible freak with that pet thing of his. His wife was a pet freak. I love animals but that's all they talk about. I hear Bob fired some workers for eating a hamburger away from the set.

Alexandros

Hillary is SO becoming president and Celine is the best singer out there.There's no way she'll be worse than Bush...

takethat

i love celine....................!u and i is absollutelly the perrfect choice for hillary.U &i we meant to fly........high above the mountains far across the sky...So come with me and u will feel..........etc...powerfull!

BC

No...Hillary has NO experience to be President of our wonderful country. Please people (sheeple) wake up....the woman is NUTS....check her record....all BS...WAKE UP

Maybach1958

People, it's not that bad. Listen to the words, and that fact that they are eminating from a strong female voice. It has a good beat, esp. resounding in a giant auditorium, yes, I believe it is a good choice. I've had enough of Bush & his republican party's arrogance, it's time this country has a woman in office, one who is strong yet a mother who will understand what it means to send our men & women into harms way. India & England have all had great women in power, isn't it about time we did too? Men have really messed things up, it's time to give a strong woman a chance.

BC

Since when does raising a lot of campaign money qualify someone to become President??? Where are your heads...
IDIOTS...falling for the line that you are fed...........

halfmoonbay

I don't understand why any campaign needs a "theme song" to begin with. How about everybody just growing up and caring more about running this country properly.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments