Richie Sambora -- "It's All About Me"

6/19/2007 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comApparently, Richie Sambora doesn't have such a big problem with drugs or alcohol that it couldn't be cured by a simple week of detox and therapy! The rocker and the rest of Bon Jovi were performing on "Today" this morning when Matt Lauer asked Richie about his recent Lohanesque trip to treatment, with Sambora revealing, "I did detox." No biggie!

The band rocked the "Today" stage and gave middle-aged women all over America something to brighten their morning. Richie's stay at rehab, er detox, was so brief that most of these fans probably hadn't even heard the news, or that he's busted up with Denise Richards.

From rock group to support group -- and back in a flash!

JJ

SO WHAT....HE LEAVES A GREAT LADY FOR A SCREW BALL (YOU HAVE TO BE TO MARRY CHARLIE SHEEN) AND NOW HE THINKS HE HAS PROBLEMS? HE SHOULD HAVE MARRIED THAT GIRL MAN BON JOVI; AT LEAST CHILDREN WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN HIS MESS....BIG DEAL

kelly

SO good to see some Jovi fans here to represent!! LOVED them on Today show this am.. got their new CD it is way cool.. fan for ever here. since runnaway to be exact.. i'm one of the middle age women they were talking about.. and PROUD of it.. and proud to be a fan !! LOVE these guys :) LOVE you Richie.. LOVE THEM ALL :))))))))
Kelly

lori

Richie you ROCK!!! Glad to see you are getting help...and sorry to hear about the loss of your father.
Thanks for all the great songs through out the years!
Lori
www.lalalips.com
LIP COLOR THAT DOES NOT COME OFF UNTIL YOU TAKE IT OFF!!

Renny

All you negative losers... if you hate the band so much and their music why would you waste your time and negativity reading an article and writing a blog????? HATERS
did you see all those people on the Plaza today? Do you know how many albums they have sold? SHUT THE F@$^*K UP!!!!

baware

You idiots that have such negative words about this wonderful man had better go look in the mirror is all I need to say!!!!!!

Nance

Old, FAT, Ugly.....has been...go away

Chris

Thank you #26!! I'll give Richie the respect he deserves when I see some responsibility! And yes, it is none of my business, but its my money I spend on tickets and albums, and the minute he took up with Denise it all went out the window, and not only that but Richie lost a ton of fans!

And thanks to a previous poster, David Bryan is a class act all the way, he went through a very messy divorce, and his dads death (he was very close to all members in the band), Richie's dad also passed away but he did not have a messy divorce either!

So until I see otherwise I will stay away from Bon Jovi, and yes I used to be a fan and Richie was my favorite one, and please do not bother me with the "true fan' argument.

Richie has some growing up to do!

kelly

Life happens miz captain crash. I'm sure it wasn't in Richies plans. Bon Jovi is better off wid out ya :) So be gone wid you perfect self

LOVE YOU BON JOVI>> I'll be there for you :) I am not perfect either .. Richie will "bounce" back.. Hey, captain? karma is a messy thang ;)
RIchie is back.. so Richie Welcome to where you are now!

jbj_kissed_me

I think it was wonderful to see Richie this morning looking so great! At least he was man enough to admit that he has a problem and wants help getting through it! Good for you Richie!

As for the person saying that he ruined his daughter life, Ava will be just fine! She has 2 parents who love her very much and will do anything for her!

Enjoy your brief trip over seas guys, be safe and have fun and I will see you in November at the Prudential!!!

smooches

Maggie

Yeah, Richie is looking rough these days but I feel sorry he lost his dad. The women are his own fault though. He always goes for airheaded bimbo trophy blondes. Grow up Richie!

Murky

SP

Bon Jovi will be around long after these other bozos are gone and broke. And if TMZ would have actually watched the show they would know Richie said he was still in therapy. Duh. What do you idiots do just get someone to send you news? And if YOU had watched it you would have seen not just middle aged women, but a LOT OF YOUNG WOMEN AS WELL. You TMZ fools only like the liberal Alec Baldwin types and gays. Their new cd is actually vary good and my wife is the big Bon Jovi fan, but we saw them in concert and it was one of the most high energy and best performed concerts I have ever seen. And no lip syncing.

hannah

ok it doesnt matter if he is fat or ugly, or a has been, the only reasong people these days dont like them is they arent talking about sex in there songs or rapping or stripping on stage. pluss a singer is about being a singer not a super model so get over. its the voice that counts. also at least he is trying ot get help unlike most major rock stars today. I am a bon jovi fan, not cause of how they look but there singing and what theey do in the last year and a half 49 houses they have bulit for homeless how many singers these days do anything close to that?!

TheseDays

I thought Matt Lauer handled it real well, the questions were brief and not demeaning. We, the fans, needed to HEAR Richie speak on what was going on. Everybody was wondering what the heck was going on and today we got our answer. We finally got some clarity and it was done briefly & tastefully (I thought). I realize Richie is not one to speak out publicly on private matters, but it had to be done for his fans. At least now, it's out of the way and onto the music. All I can say is thank the heavens above for giving us back Richie. Immediately, you could hear his guitar and vocals -- that was sorely missed when he was "detoxing." Sorry, couldn't handle another performance with Bandiera, you can move him to the back now, thank you. Let's get it right, Sambora, pull it together, damn it. We got their new CD & DVD yesterday, awesome stuff, us fans can't go without Bon Jovi. Let's hope that they get the demons out, enjoy their touring, enjoy their music and get on with business (not like last tour, having to deal with stupid Heather & Denise......enjoy the touring, give us a show, you never know, may be one of your last opportunities). Be a brotherhood, do it!

Terry

I hope he just stays single and works at being a good parent.
Being with a younger woman looks like it wore him out.
I bet he missed the days when he could just kick back in his fatty shorts and eat ice cream.

ohnoudient

To #2: You commend him about being blunt about detoxing? He blinked his eye and he was back home. Did he even stay overnight? What detoxing did he do? No problem, if he really has an addiction, his drinking and/or drugging story aint over yet. He's not fooling anyone but himself. Denise will get her turn also because karma is a bitch!!!

Hey Heather, you aint missing a thing girl!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments