Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

Deb

So I guess according to this board, Ellen "gayed" up her show too with her male staff when she did the segments highlighting the single male staffers. I don't remember anybody flapping their jaws then.

I just find it hypocritical with the trash talk of Rosie yet no one calls out Ellen in the various media forums.

Jill

Rosie would RUIN the show!!!!!!!!!!!! She doesn't know when to KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT!!

Arturo Fuente

Those fat swollen fingers look like Jimmy Dean sausages.

Boycott Kandahar Rosie!!!

Chris

I just threw up a little at the thought of Rosie replacing Bob.

SHANNON MOAKLEY

Rosie at the end of TPIR ---
"Have your gays spayed or neutered!"

nohos

Do people really care about gay/straight/confused anymore? Have we ever really cared? The media creates these hot social topics and beats them to death for years.

I don't like R.D. for the job because she's got a vicious look on her face 24/7. She always looks like she wants to kick someone's ass.

Then there is the political crap. She's always parading her agendas out like it's just casual conversation... Sometimes it's just plain inappropriate timing on her part.

She has no sense of boundaries.

Deb

169 Awww, Not this crap again

So what you are telling us is that it's your responsibility to decide on behalf of the gullible/naive, and you might as well have added in poor as that was probably just an oversight as you typed, what is best for them as they are so incapable of deciding on their own behalf.

You neglected to mention that from the other side, it's fine for Elisabeth on the View & Fox News to continue their spew as no doubt you are a habitual viewer and you view them as role models acceptable for the gullible/naive & poor.

I find it hilarious that you found it necessary to state you have a Masters degree yet find it uneasy to turn the TV to a different channel or "off". The same being said for the computer, which tells us what you use your computer for as there is such a vast amount of information on the computer, but you appear to only find the what you call the "tirades" of Rosie. Doesn't say much for your "masters degree".

I also find it mysterious in that you state, "If she only offered up some humanity and compassion". Tells me even more of your viewing habits in that her doing shows on the First Responders of 9/11, for autism, to name a few. Me thinks you missed these as they were not on the highlight reel of Fox News.

To further bring your "Master degree" into play, for you to state "Anyone who supports her is a bird of the same feather". My education taught me that we can support people with opinions & views that we may agree on some -- disagree on others. That's what makes up part of the human factor. To lump everyone into "if you support them", and to give your "bird of the same feather" a new meaning -- you are attempting in a gentle way, of telling them they are as stupid.

Well my dear -- regarding your Masters degree - you wasted a bundle of money as you learned nothing as to humanity, compassion and how to recognize same. Then again -- I will be more blunt -- your statement as to a Master degree -- BS.

bitchlibnwhat

big bully rosie trying to get her way again.

Deb

Moxiemom,
Wish my kids had you for a teacher!! An open-minded indivudual.

The education system benefits from people like yourself.

Susan B

Rosie would be really great on the TPIR. She has so much enthusiam and loves to give things away..........confetti!!!!! I would love to see her on this show.

Avamp1

If that fat ass bitch takes his place, I will NEVER watch that show again. She ruins everything she touches. There are a ton of different people that can do a great job,
why her? All she has is a one sided bad attitude.... Barf!!!!!

moxiemom

Go, Dee! My own response to Awww diasappeared and re-posted my original post, but you said everything I wanted to say
Too bad there is such intolerance and hatefulness in this world.

Susan B

For the record, I AM NOT GAY... I am a married (to a man) mother of 2.

But, what does GAY have to do with Rosie doing a great job on the Price is Right. You people are unkind and I like Rosie much better than I could ever like you with the hateful things you say about her.

You are a bunch of homophobics..........YOU KNOW THAT BEING GAY IS NOT CONTAGIOUS.

Mission

Count me in on the boycott if she gets ANY spot on CBS.

moxiemom

Thank You, Dianne! Don't you think our world really would be a better place if people remembered what they learned in Kindergarten?!? :)