Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

tami

You have GOT to be kidding

Absolutely absurd

Awww, Not This Crap Again!

@ #180...You can't BUY a "Get out of Jail FREE card"! Rosie reminds me of this old spinster of a curmudgeon that would sit in the front pew at church EVERY Sunday. She held her Bible high in the air, sang louder (and off key) than the choir, shouted her "Amens" with true conviction (and this was a Roman Catholic Church--where most people mouth the words and whisper throughout the service), and made SURE everyone knew she gave hefty donations to the Church.

Then IMMEDIATELY following Mass would SCREAM at the children on the steps of the Church (after shaking hands with the Pastor), for "running amok" or for being too loud (Imagine, children wanting to stretch their vocal chords after being told to keep quiet for 45 minutes). She would also YELL at people who "trespassed on her property" or rang her doorbell. She was just a mean and nasty old b!tch.

I guess she (like Rosie, and her supporters) thought that every "kind deed" earned her a free pass. In her world that was true, for the rest of society, not so.

Needless to say, she died a lonely, dried up prune, and I'm sure is at best in a state of pergatorey--I can't imagine Heaven or Hell wanting to put up with her for an eternity.

Rob S

After all those years I can see the end of the Price is Right is on the horizon. PLEASE keep this show going by NOT!!!!!!!!! replacing Bob Barker with Rosie "Arrogant Loud Mouth" O'Donnell. She will ruin the show!!!!!!

kos

Are you kidding. She would probably cold cock the first contestant that didn't agree with her. Bad mistake to even consider someone like her replacing such a likeable person. I've watched foe 30 plus years, but I would be done.

Patty

Rosie has wanted to be on TPIR long before The View was in existence. She would be great on this show as TPIR needs a boost with more excitement. I watched TPIR probably 28 years ago for a few times and then stopped. I did tune in to see a few of the last shows and nothing changed but Bob Barker getting older and grayer.

I can't imagine George Hamilton hosting the show as he is way too into himself.

After today's show on The View (Tuesday) with Star Parker, I bet they wished Rosie was there instead. Star Parker is like a quadtruple Elisabeth Hasselback. No one had a chance today to talk including Michael Moore. Barbara had no control.

If people think Rosie was confrontational .... she is meek compared to Star Parker!

Wishing you the best of luck Rosie, sure hope your dream comes true!

Deb

Moxiemom:

Awww's truer colors appear in #191 and I suspect a post to me she is still composing. Masters Degree -- my ass. GED -- maybe.

tami

Hey Dee -

"My education taught me that we can support people with opinions & views that we may agree on some -- disagree on others"

In your statement above - if you were trying to say that we are all entitled to our own opinion - you need to take your own advice.

And relax.

Marsha Nordstrom

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PUT ROSIE ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT. DO NOT DENEGRADE THE WONDERFUL YEARS BOB HAS BUILT UP THE SHOW. NO ONE CAN REPLACE BOB AND LEAST OF ALL ROSIE. SHE HAS A BIG MOUTH AND AN AWFUL MOUTH AND DO NOT INSULT ALL THE MANY FANS OF THE SHOW BY PUTTING HER ON. MY MOTHER IS 85 AND WOULDN'T MISS THE SHOW. SHE LOVED BOB. SHE WILL NOT WATCH ROSIE. ROSIE WILL RUIN THE SHOW.

FIJINATIVE007

I REALLY THINK ROSIE IS GOING TO BE PERFECT AS THE HOST OF 'THE PRICE IS RIGHT' AND I WOULD START WATCHING THAT SHOW. I STOPPED WATCHING IT A LONG TIME AGO. I THINK BOB WAS A GOOD HOST BUT I GOT SICK OF WATCHING
PEOPLE THROWING THEMSELVES ON THIS POOR OLD GUY. (LITERALLY).

IT WILL BE A NICE AND REFRESHING CHANGE TO SEE ROSIE TAKE OVER BUT ONE QUESTION IS WILL 'BARKER'S BEAUTIES' BE NOW 'ROSIE'S BEAUTIES? HA! HA!
THAT WILL NOT SIT WELL WITH TOO MANY OF THE VIEWERS. THEY SHOULD MAYBE
HAVE SOME GOOD LOOKING MEN TO MODEL ALSO. A LONG AS THEY DON'T STRETCH OUT ON THE CARS. NOW THAT WILL BE DISGUSTING....

Angel

Is'nt George H. Almost as old as Bob? Hey! why doesn't Adam Sandler replace Bob ! : )

dar1099

Keep this FAT PIG off the Tube!

Awww, Not This Crap Again!

@ #182....Actually, I think Elisabeth is an IDIOT...she did NOTHING for the conservative side--if anything she hurt it more, and don;t even get me started on that shrill of a voice! In fact, she couldn't fight her way out of a paper bag.

That said, I find in interesting that you brought up my Master's Degree, like a dozen times. GUess I touched on a nerve there, huh? Oh, and I didn't waste any money on it either-the Government took care of that for me, as I am the daughter of a Vietnam Veteran, and there are all kinds of nifty programs out there for people and their families who have HONORED their country, not spouting treasonous/anti-American sentiments.

I also knew TWO firefighters VERY WELL who died at the WTC when the towers fell (one was off duty, but felt the need to help amid all the chaos.

I also have been blessed with TWO beautiful sons, both of whom have been diagnosed with Autism (one has Asperger's, the other Pervasive Developmental Disorder). You see, my dear, my MASTER'S THESIS was on Autism. Unlike Rosie, who spouts erroneous information about BOTH 9/11 and Autism, is the reason why I despise her so much.

It is a shame that she can't use that big pie hole of hers to spout INTELLEGENCE, instead of IGNORANCE!!!

Oh, and watching The View is not a "poor/gullible/naive" thing to do. In fact, I went to a taping in NYC back in 1999--BEFORE she came aboard, and I didn't like the show then. I don't even watch the show. I don't have to. I am capable of discerning who or what is worth my time, thanks to websites, such as TMZ!!!!

Oh, and I'll just make a wild guess that you and the other Rosie supporters out there know more about who won American Idol, or all about the cast of Lost or some other "reality" show than you do about the threats that Muslim extremists pose to our country, and our allies. But I wouldn't want to clutter your brains with REAL LIFE, or anything. Sheesh!

Deb

194 Patty
I so agree with you re Star Parker -- "I found God" -- yea about 4 times too late. Reminds of a smoker who quits and then preaches up and down of everyone else should quit because they did. BW had no control and JB kept saying 'your question'. If I was in a group she works with -- I'd ask God to strike me deaf now!!!!!

klan of man

I heard her payment will be all the p+++y and twinkies she can eat.

Michael Richards

"PLEASE HAVE YOUR GAY SPAYED OR NEUTERED"