Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

Pegjoe

I can not believe CBS is even thinking about Rosie. Everyone loves Bob and has so for
many years. Can you see loud mouth trash talking Rosie taking his place. I know for
sure they will loose a lot of listeners - including our family. I don't think anyone will be
giving her the hugs and kisses Bob got from the players.
I feel sorry for Bob's beauties if crude thinking Rosie comes on the show. Hopefully
the petition will do some good and our family would be happy to add our names.

bob jandoli

What is CBS thinking??,,,this woman is the kiss of death.

Tim

...George Hamilton maybe?

..if they're looking for an orange host...why not elizabitch hasselshit?

heade

Rose i sure could use some work driving sort of chauffer duties.i was in the coast guard am from the isle andmy cell is 1516 887 3482/You`re terrific

blah blah blah

The world is going to pot as it is, you can't be serious that Rosie O' Donnell is even being considered for the job that the King of game show hosts Bob Barker, an American institution. Her shear presence will make me watch "The View: and I have never seen that show in my whole life. Save us from Rosie.

joe

ROSIE YOU WOULD BE GREAT ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT. THAT SAID YOUR REPUTATION IS OF A CRAZY PERSON AND I DONT KNOW IF THATS A GOOD THING FOR A FUN SHOW WITH THE HOST SAYING CONSPIRITORS FROM THE WHITE HOUSE COME ON DOWN ROSIE YOU RONE OF THE MOST TALENTED PEOPLE IN YOUR FIELD.LOWER YOUR PULSE RATE RELAX. TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS NOT A GOOD THING .

jwf

Rosie is much too controversial & opinionated to be the next host of TPIR. Quite frankly, I'm very tired of hearing about her, she seems to always want to be in someone's face about anything she disagrees with. I'd hate to stop watching the gameshow if Rosie takes over. I think I'd be physically sick if she gets the job!

Madeline

If Rosie gets the Price Is Right. I will be watching the show. I think she would add a needed spark to the show. I have not watched the show in a long time.

HC

If Rosie gets the Prices Right job, it will go down hill. Who's to say what she would say to these people. She needs to get out of show business, she is the worst. I can't stand her anymore. She's not GOD! Get a real life Rosie. If anyone is qualified for this job, it's Bob Barker, too bad you had to retire. She's a fat slob

Natalie

What a mistake if they hire her!!! It's the only game show my son and I watch that we enjoy but we will STOP WATCHING if she's on it!!! Can't stand her loud, obnixious, opinionated voice. She's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG as host for that FAMILY show. She lost all her credibility with me by her behavior on The View.

Mama24

What can they be thinking? Rosie would ruin the show. I am pulling for Todd Newton.
He has experience and is a good game show host!

Tim

" I think I'd be physically sick if she gets the job!"

You poor pathetic american....you are such a sad bunch, no wonder everyone hates you so much.

linn ruff

IF ROSIE WAS TO LAND THE JOB AT CBS, I WOULD WATCH IT FOREVER, SHE IS THE BEST THING TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, FAR FROM THAT SOB TRUMP, GOOD LUCK RO,

linn ruff

ROSIE IS THE GREATEST TO HIT TV. SHE IS WAHT SHE IS, SHE IS NOT A FAKE LIKE MOSS ASSHOLES ON THERE. BOB WAY TO GO, THANKS FOR TAKING UP FOR ROSIE, YOU ASSHOLES OUT THERE FOR TRUMP MAKE ME SICK WHAT HAS THAT JACKASS DONE FOR CHARITY, BUT RUN HIS MOUTH ON HOW MUCH MONEY HE THKNKS HE HAS, HE MAKES ME SICK THE GIRLY IDIOT, GO ROSEI, ROSIE,BE SMRT CBS, PICK ROSIE, YOUR RATING WILL REACH THE ROOF TOPS.

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18