Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

susan

TPIR is not political. It is all about fun and Ro loves to make people happy. Remember how she started The View serving juice and cookies to the audience and giving away gifts from sponsors. She also gave the whole audience tickets to her cruise...HELLO????
Do all you haters just watch fox news??? The View never gave away anything before she came on. Rosie would take it out of her own pocket and with her cruise...she did just that!!!
Wake up people. All the men they have in mind so far will only be a puppet. Rosie has great ideas for the show and ways to honor Barker. She is the best! As Rosie says....CONFETTI PLEASE!!!! YEA!!!

ROBIN

THIS has got to be a JOKE...she is a loud, obnoxious person with issues...Bob Barker is the greatest....Rosie will just screw it up like she did The View.....

She talks tough and then doesn't have the balls to complete her stay on the show...

WHINER !!!!!!!

Deb

Rosie would be great for the show. From watching when she had her own show, she loves game shows. Rosie does bring new life to a show. The View was evidence.

I don't know why people think she would "gay" it up. It's a game show -- not a talk show. No wonder this country has a problem with racism, etc. when you read some idiot IMO is trying to start a boycott across the nation. These people who say they hate gays -- they would be so surprised to learn that some of their closest friends are gay. Egg on their face!!!!

I'm sure if she got it, she would suggest like she did on the View, and the players that did not get a chance to play on stage, would get a prize too. That would be a positive improvement.

People have a hard time accepting change. They would live very dull lives if everything stayed same old, same old. I would watch the show again, as as much as Bob Barker was good at his job -- 35 years to too long. To me that was same old, same old & boring. The show is in need of a 'makeover'.

Rosie gets credit for her View stay in that she got a nation talking. Whether it was in agreement or not -- at least it got people's attention and got discussions going instead of just being couch potatos. Hopefully people still do when it comes time for the election.

What would be great to see is them doing a few special shows where it would be an audience of kids. Rosie too would be excellent for that. It could be arranged and have a child involved from the Make a Wish Foundation. Wouldn't that firstly be a powerful ratings draw and the child would be over the moon excited!!!!

Draya

JOHN O'HURLY ! (Spelling?)

And TPIR is not going to associate itself with a controversial loudmouth. It's image has always been squeeky-clean, middle americana.

HO

ROSIE IS A PIG!!!

TPIR Fan

If Rosie is hired to replace Bob, I will NEVER again watch!! She does not set the example for the type of person that should be in that position, any public position for that matters.

Jolene

I will never watch this show again if that pig is on!! What the hell are they thinking????

AnnieK

I agree this show is not right for Rosie. I know I wouldn't watch it. She needs to let up on the "gay" remarks because that has nothing to do with my decision to watch her. I think she is as obnoxious as Joan Rivers in my book. I could care less about her sexual preferences!

ROBIN

OOOOOH "SUSAN"...you are such a fool.........

costaMesaboy

.................WHALE ALERT.................WHALE ALERT......................

Insert comical name here

I thought only old people watched the price is right. That generation overwhelming believes women should behave with some sort of decorum. Rose will be a horrible shock to them. Very bad idea. I hate the show, think its unbelievably stupid so the thought of her hosting doesn't bother me a bit, I won't miss it by avoiding her disgusting visage. Also, she would be humiliated by causing the death of the long running tv staple. A plus for sure.

Sarah

I WILL NEVER WATCH THE SHOW AGAIN IF SHE IS THE HOST!! THEY WILL RUIN THE SHOW FOR EVER

Joe Mama

She makes me gag.

MaryMac

I think it would be funny to have Rosie on there. I'd be the first contestant with an "I heart George Bush" T-shirt on and watch her head start to spin around until it finally explodes...

costaMesaboy

************WE HAVE A SITUATION*****************......TMZ ON FULL * WHALE ALERT*