Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

Anna

Did anyone watch last year when they had it in "Prime time" and Ricki Lake hosted it? I thought is was fun, young and she made a great host. We don't necessarily have to have a male replacement to continue to watch a show that is a stable for CBS

Go To Jail Paris

Is she still in love with Gay Man Tom Cruise?

don

I have watched t p i r for years but am afraid if rosie takesa over I,m gone

Tangie

#68-don't speak for me-I certainly did and do watch the show, and I won't anymore if she is host.

sam

The game would never happen......Rosie would be too busy talking about herself. Say, doesn't she have enough money for that operation to become the man she seems to think she is?

ZZYZX

RYAN SEACREST should host. (As if he doesn't have enough to do already)

Go To Jail Paris

Maybe she needs to get some advice from her gay friend, Tom Cruise.

Maybe...just maybe

D (the second D)

# 6, Bob was for years on "Truth or Consequences" before TPIR...he was excellent! And he is not known only for TPIR ...he is a champion of animal rights...and I love him for that!

Holly

I enjoy Price is Right when I get the rare chance to watch - but if Rosie does it, I WILL NEVER WATCH AGAIN

geez

Why does she have to turn everything into a gay related issue, why can she not accept the fact that people do not want her on the show because she has an annoying personality, gay or straight doesn't matter, and she in no way will do that show justice Like Bob did.

ZZYZX

I don't think it has anything to do with her being gay, but more about her being butt ugly.

He's just another Idiot

There's NO WAY I would ever watch that show again if nasty, windbag Rosie is the host.
CBS what are you thinking? She would try to turn it into the Rosie Show just like she tried on The View. The beautiful girls would have to run for their lives. Most viewers are women and we want a good looking man - not an ugly wanna be man like Rosie. Get lost, Rosie, the vast majority of Americans are sick of you.

ZZYZX

TPIR would go bankrupt because she would want the entire audience to win trips to her gay cruise!

sugarspice007

Those current loyal viewers will be gone forever although you may get a new group of Rosie groupies. Then the newness will wear off and they will be gone and be on to their next political agenda to draw attention to themselves. We are so sick of all her BS, trying to piss anyone off for ratings. She is a gross to watch and it's not just her sloppy looks but her ugly personality!!! PLEASE........don't ruin a winning show with a LOSER!!!!!!!!!

dianne

if rosie were picked, i would NEVER watch TPIR again, EVER!!!!!!!!!