Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

Mark

I never watched TPIS, never cared for BB the way some people do. If Rosie takes over, I will be watching.

Bunnie

I really do not see that Rosie would be a good choice as the Hostess for the Price is Right. She is too opinionated, she would want to dominate all conversation. She would make little edgy quips all the time. She would take the focus off the game and put it on herself. The one lovely thing about Bob, is he never ever Vocalised his own personal feelings about anything - except "Remember to spay and neuter your pets" at the end of every episode. To Bob, the contestant was the center of the world while they were playing the game. It would not be that way with Rosie. Rosie has her strengths and she is entertaining, but she would not be a good hostess for The Price is Right.

Rosie Hater

Rosie needs to take her fat ass and go away. I couldn’t stand that lady when she had her own show let alone that she might take over Bob's job. The world as we knew it might come to an end if people actually put Rosie aka can't keep her mouth shut about anything back on tv.

just saying...

I think she would be brilliant at it!

And if you think that she would give political opinions on a game show then you just don't get it or her - never will.

Mark

oops!!!! Correction, TPIR...Not TPIS. LOL

Haha suckers...

Nice pic!

molly

I think Rosie would be fantastic on TPIR , The View started the give -aways when she joined the show, she is very generous.

Butch

MJ fan

THIS UGLY BITCH NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM TELEVISION. DO RADIO OR SOMETHING.

He's just another Idiot

Rosie, I thought you were going away to be treated for Mad Cow Disease. You are so disgusting, we don't want you on The Price is Right. In fact, we don't want you on television at all. Why don't you get some serious counseling on why you are so obnoxious and stupid.

Deb

65 & 74 Mom

Firstly -- I said "Most of the people saying..." referring to this board.
Secondly -- it must be you and the senior citizens as you state "the majority of the fan base is senior citizens - who are not liberal.

Well dear, if's there's a prize -- they will come!! I think you would be newly educated to know -- there are a lot of seniors who are liberal thinking but you seem to have the idea you speak for the majority. If you took a trip outside your own seniors residence, I think you could learn something.

Hmmm -- I can't speak for you which I did not -- "Most" was my first word -- but you believe you can speak for the majority of senior population.

Paris in prison, the reality show

Yuk!

Why do people like her? She's mildly funny and too vulgar to make it worth the few laughs.

Seriously

Rosie should NEVER be on TV again. NEVER!

Matt

If I was in contestant's row, I'd bid 911 throughout the whole show LOL

pattie in cali

not me!!!!!!!!!!! i have had enough of this trash mouth,, poor little rosie, everyone hates her, STOP FEELING SORRY FOR THIS LOUD MOUTH, she needs to go back under the rock she came out of, get over it rosie, your right next to sheen, trash, you guys need to get off the drugs, leave the beer alone, i call it , bottle talking, . shame on you rosie, you kiss those kids with that mouth? what a shame

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

For the sake of Angelina's next adopted baby, do we really want to bring a little Vietnamese baby into this country and subject him to Rosie hosting The Price Is Right? CBS, don't hire her because nodody will watch anymore, don't hire her, because we don't want to subject Vietnamese babies to cruel and unusual punishment.