Rosie -- Gimme Bob's Job Already!

6/19/2007 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be far from a sure thing, but Rosie O'Donnell seems like she's all ready to come on down and be the next host of "The Price is Right."

The former "View" flamethrower tells her fan-inquisitors at rosie.com that she's meeting with CBS this week to talk about "TPIR," and that she's all set to go if CBS asks her to take over the skinny mike from Bob Barker, who ended his 30-year run last Friday. "If they asked me, I sure would ... I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote. Barker endorsed Ro as his replacement over the weekend.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about Rosie potentially plying players with Plinko. One reader wrote that a petition had already started for a "50-state sponsor boycott" should Rosie be chosen, to which O'Donnell spat back, "The only thing I want to gay up is you."

One thing everyone can take comfort in: Rosie says she'd keep Barker's signature sign-off about spaying and neutering.

got2bkidn

No way would Rosie be a good replacement. Her moods are all over the place. That show needs someone who is going to be "up" all the time. When she is depressed is she going to host the show hanging upside down ????

annie

NO WAY!!!!! why ruin a family show because some nut case can spew her ill-informed crap conspiracies. If she is chosen I will not watch a show that has been the best evr game show and I will also join the boycott family enterainment should be fun and free from all political garbage. When I go to a concert I want the entertainment not the crap the entertainer wants us to believe then I stop giving them my hard earned money its called shut up and entertain and SHUT UP!!

Tracy B

The View was a place to discuss world issues when Rosie was on, not the latest bathing suits like it used to be. When Rosie was on The View, she gave her VIEW. She also made it where gifts were given to the audience every day. The worst thing Rosie would do to TPIR is give too much to the contestants that lost or didn't even get up on stage.

CarKent

She is such a pig. I can't stand her. I think Adam Sandler needs to pull out one of his, "the price is wrong BITCH!"

linda

I cannot think of a worse choice/fit. Game shows are not the appropriate platform for Rosie who talks by the yard but thinks by the inch.

Mercy

I think she is the most NASTY looking thing!!!!!!!!! & everything that come's out of her is bad..She got issue's.DAMM she's UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunnie

to 104 - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAA

Ok that was funny... and it does have merit , it would be reduced to a gay thing. And that is so not what The Price is Right needs.

Tangie

zzzzzzz-i'm 31 yrs. old

shar theisen

It is truly amazing how people love to name call. I was brought up with respect for all people and their views. What are you afraid of? Resorting to name calling shows lack of respect for yourself. Bob Barker was great on the TPIR, I grew up watching him. I think Rosie would do a great job, different, but great.She is funny and I do not think she would have to much time to talk politics.

christian66

wow. I am so surprised how many of u people really don't know Rosie. She would be a perfect fit for the show. although i would rather see her on a show where she can state her views because god knows the mainstream media won't.
perhaps all of u that have based your opinions on what FOX and Bill O say instead of getting to know her yourself should be quiet until u know the real rosie.

Tangie

Funny how alot of people on here call Rosie a whale and fat, etc, but when I say "liberal" I get singled out for a tongue lashing.

Tired and Ready for A Nap

THis would be such a mistake. Rosie O'Donnell has ruined her career with her constant need to push her opinion down everyone's throats. She is too controversial for such a fun show. Huge mistake to put her in.

Eileen CM Smith

I never liked The Price is Right, but if Rosie hosts I will definitely watch!!!!!!!

montana mike

come on assman, don't let me down--i've been waiting to hear you say what a great piece of meat that rosie is--

Barb

I think Rosie's a terrible fit for TPIR. There's no forum for her to speak her mind. I don't watch the show but, it worked well for so many years because of how it was with Bob Barker. I've heard George Hamilton mentioned as a possible successor. I think he's be good. Rosie needs her own show, again. She's much too strong willed and opinionated to do host a game show.