Dead McMahon in Bad Taste?

6/20/2007 5:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Death struck twice for the WWE this week, and the real fatality is making the WWE wonder whether the staged one should stay in the script.

WWE fem-fighter "Sensational Sherri" Martel was found dead at her mother's home June 15, and just three days before, chief butt-head Vince McMahon was "killed" in a limo explosion on the "Monday Night RAW" broadcast. Foul play wasn't suspected in Martel's death, but cops have said in reports that the cause wasn't natural.

In light of Martel's real death, we're told there were discussions inside the WWE about abandoning their current "McMahon is Presumed Dead" storyline, with many WWE folks feeling that it was in poor taste.

But c'mon, folks, this is the WWE we're talking about! Not only is McMahon staying dead, the WWE, according to reports, plans to push the storyline even further with the discovery of DNA evidence linking McMahon, his limo driver and a "mysterious third party" to the fictional attack ... all for consumption this Friday on "WWE Smackdown."

That sound you hear is Owen Hart, spinning in his grave.

The WWE had no comment on the situation.

Snarksnarksnark

There are folks at WWE who actually care about whether an event is in poor taste!?!?!

MystiKat

Hey, I know a great new storyline!! Why doesn't Vincey-boy write up something that would involve the Permanent Death of the Butcher of Brentwood??? Let people Paypal a buck each for their fav wrestler to perform a signature move on Simpson!$!$! Then have Jake the Snake stuff his bloated carcass into a big sack full of snakes and leave it in the desert!! (with a webcam?)

C'mon, Vince, you'll make millions!! Hell, I'll send in a BIG donation!! Please??Then maybe he can write a book from the grave... "Damn, I think they did it!!!"

Roo

The whole "Vince is Dead" storyline is ridiculous, and if it wasn't for the actual talent in the ring most of my friends and I would have stopped watching. The depths they will go to for ratings is deplorable.

Dark Knight

Well I really don't watch this, but the main reason I don't is because I got sick of McMahon always trying to be the star and in the storylines. Now that he's "dead" I may watch it again.

Nilekeanu

Unfortunately my 10 year old son called me devastated and on emergency basis because of Vince's death. He slept with it on his mind. I had to convince him it's not real. Explaining this to children who love wrestling is over-the-top. Simply put, it's in horrible taste.

Mandy

A soap opera for men.

Barb

So, is this guy really dead or he is alive?

Mynde

Well the only reason I'll watch it when my husband does is for John Cena. The further they keep Vince & Rick Flair away from the cameras, the better. Oh & the throat slitting Arab character.

That said, I had the unfortunate opportunity to watch most of it the other night...not the explosion night, but the tribute night. Even if it was taped in advance, it was in bad taste. The reason was they made it as special as they had for prior tributes they did for wrestlers who had really died. Including having one's wife and daughter show up. It kind of makes a mockery of the real deaths. Maybe Vince can come up with a bad case of good taste and never return.

KIM

I love WWE for the following reasons:
1. Oiled up guys in leather undies!
2. The high flyers
3. Most of all, I like watching wrestling because I think it is SO cool what they can do with out breaking someones neck (most of the time).

Do I believe the stories? Duh, of course not. As a matter of fact, I would rather it be straight wrestling and NO stupid storylines.

Fulton

uh, Hello... It's TV people.. Everyone knows that wrestling is scripted. If you don't like the storyline, don't watch the show. F-tards!

Little Bit

Why is wrestling on the Sci-Fi channel? Why? As for bad taste-isn't the show
a petri dish of bacteria anyway?

Tim

Get a grip it's the same as Days of Oure Lives .If one of the cast died the show would still go on,so stop crying.(And to Mandy women watch it too so get over it.)

Robin

My husband loves the WWE he calls it his "soap opera, but even he would say this is in poor taste. But watch the ratings go through the roof.

MRALCANAL@AOL.COM

Anybody who is wondering about this story line should watch the movie "PAULY SHORE IS DEAD". I think you will see where this work is going.

Sandi

This whole Vince dead thing is so predictable. Vince walking to the limo and getting in with cameras rolling how stupid. The WWE has definitly gone too far. This is not wrestling its a soap opera. Next Vince will come back from the dead! How dumb!