Shemar Moore Charged with DUI

6/22/2007 3:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shemar MooreTMZ has learned that former "The Young and the Restless" star Shemar Moore has been charged with two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence.

L.A. City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo handed down the charges just moments ago, three weeks after a CHP officer claims he pulled Moore over after he noticed the actor speeding near Santa Monica Blvd.

As TMZ first reported, Moore allegedly, "displayed signs of alcohol impairment and a DUI investigation was conducted" according to a report taken after he was stopped on around 1:30 AM on June 1. Moore was then arrested and transported to a nearby station, where he a blew a .08 blood alcohol level on a breath test -- the legal limit in California.

Moore, who currently stars in "Criminal Minds," was released a few hours later on $5,000 bail. If convicted Moore faces six months in jail and a $1000 fine.

Shemar's next court hearing is June 26.

getting tired of crap

From the team that brought you Jail Time for Paris comes the sequel. It's bigger, badder and will have even more tears. Especially when Shemar gets no special privleges and is tossed in the general population.

cari

If he blew exactly the legal limit, I think he will be cleared. Unless he has Debra Opri for a lawyer, in which case he might get life without parole.

Gemini

if he blew the legal limit then why is there talk of jail time. One thing is for sure he wont get the Paris Hilton treatment.

Monica

Shemar won't get special treatment like the SKANK Paris did.

Hey, NBC, you going to pay Shemar a million when he does the time & gets out???

LAME

I guess he not a big enough celebrity for him to get the STANDARD booking treatment.

Unlike other celeb's caught in the same situation - HUH?

And yeah a .08 - as long as he doesn't hire Debra Opri, he should be able fight this.

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

DAMN CELEBS NEVER LEARN ..........THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THERE

CELEBRITY IN HOLLYWOOD ...........HELL IF THE JUDGE WAS SMART

THROW ALL THERE ASSES IN JAIL FOR 6 MONTHS AND $4 MILLION DOLLAR

FINE ................I BET THEY "MIGHT" LEARN ....................

CELEBS ARE NOT CONSIDERED " GOOD EXAMPLES " IF ANYTHING THEY'RE

ALL BAD ..................IRRESPONSIBLE ......................

LEARN ...............THEY'RE ALL BECOMING BAD EXAMPLES ( CELEBS ) .

chriissy

PARIS-GIVE THE $300,000 THAT YOU ARE GETTING FOR YOU’RE PEOPLE MAGAZINE INTERVIEW TO CHARITY.

ANGELINA JOLIE HAD PEOPLE DONATE HER $400,000 FOR THE SHILO SPREAD TO THE CHARITY OF HER CHOICE. OTHERWISE SHE WOULD
NOT HAVE DONE THE INTERVIEW.

FARRAH-FALLON
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Trysh Jefferson

Now this is treating him harshly because he is a celeb JUST to show he didn't target Paris Hilton. He was within the legal limit; thats not a DUI.

See? Her family's going after Delgadillo because they can afford to and are tossing a tantrum over his audacity to treat his daughter like she was some random broad driving OVER the legal limit and violating her probation is pushing him to overcompensate and mistreat Shemar Moore.

I can't believe he is allowing them to push him to do this.

Patty

Yeah I agree, he so shouldn't call Opri. I wonder how long it will be before she is disbarred?!

But I also agree that he should/Could fight this

DeLarge

So, I don't get it. Why have a legal limit, if you meet the legal limit and are still faced with the possibilities jail time? If anything, he should have to pay a moving violation ticket, and keep on going. The legal limit should be set to .07, if you're going to fine someone at .08.

Basically, if I drive at 35 mph in a 35 mph zone, I'm still liable to get pulled over? Oh goodness, maybe I am bass ackwards!!!! I don't know the law, but I know what's right, and that ain't right!

A little bit lost!

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

YES IS NBC GOING TO PAY SHEMAR , NICOLE , AND MANY OTHER CELEBS

ONE MILLIONS FOR THERE STORY??????????????????

I DOUBT IT HILTON FAMILY ARE MONEY HUNGRY SLOBS..........

BOYCOTT "ALL " HILTON HOTELS

HILTON HOTELS.COM

Tired of Paula's Antics

Wait, why does he have TWO counts of DUI for one incident - shouldn't it just be one? Because the standard sentence for a person's first dui is what Paris got - probation, suspended license, dui school, NO jail time . . .

Plus I would like Judge Sauer to factor in the fact that Shemar is yummy to look at - thx ;)

glynne1964

Is this his first offense? Was he driving with a suspended licence? If it was his first offense & his licence wasn't suspended...they better be willing to give him the "oppotunities" that Paris, Mel Gibson & others have been offered! Or he would have grounds for a discrimination case. And I think he'd win.

Now, it's not right that he was driving "impared" by CA laws. But if DA makes deals with one, he has to make deals with all. But then again, he kinda has his ass in a sling doesn't he? Either way, I'm pretty damn sure that Shemar learned a hellova lot more from just getting pulled over than Paris has learned during her time in jail! God, that feels good to say..."PARIS IN JAIL!!!" Shame it has to end all too soon.

Good luck, Shemar! You know what you need to do! Be the man your friends, family & fans know you can be! Love ya on "Criminal Minds"!!!

AgentM

Ok I quit posting here becaue it makes me verify by e-mail BUT THIS HOT PIECE OF ASS IS SOOO WORTH IT. God Damn!

That said, the legal limit determines punishment standards, but if the officers thought he was unfit to continue operating a vehicle, thank goodness for them. God knows what tragedy they may have prevented by doing their job and serving the public wisely.

Lastly, I would totally let him stick it in to the hilt. DAMN!

ooh that hurts good

I'm so confused, He blew legal why is he arrested. This is stupid, unless TMZ has some facts wrong, (now what are the odds of that)

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments