Fergie's Meth Meltdown

6/23/2007 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Not so Fergalicious: Black Eyed Peas' Fergie has come clean about her addiction to meth, and in this month's Self magazine, she talks about a particularly hamper-ing moment on the drug.

One time she was so paranoid on the drug that she talked to her hamper for eight hours straight. "I remember thinking somebody was inside of it, going to come and get me, so I was talking to the person who was crawling in the hamper," she admits. Now that's a bad trip!

Mags

i think she's making it up, or grossly exaggerating to get attention. Maybe she did meth a few times, but i doubt it was as bad as she's making it out to be. If she's addicted to anything, it's attention, and to attention"addicts" pity is just an other form of attention and they take whatever they can get.

daj

way to be behind a few years, tmz. is there nothing better to report on?

costaMesaboy

#24 querty,,...don't underestimate meth, speed, or crank....after days of sleep depervation, you can have paranoid delusional thoughts, or experiences.....cycosis can occur, which can result in PARANOID SCHITZOPHRENIA......."ever see a homeless man"""talking 2 himself"""....it's actually quite sad%%

Sherri

It is extremely sad that people that are talented (athletes) beautiful (models/actors) find that their lives are so bad that they need to turn to drugs. They have so much money and so much potential to do good for others..Instead the media hounds them and gives them so little privacy that they are constantly harassed. Still I find it very sad that anyone would turn to drugs as a solution to problems or just to have fun. The examples they are setting for "fans" who follow their every move and copy them is terrible. Talking to hamper is not funny. It is pathetic. Here is a woman who could have so much and she chooses to blow her looks, her mind and her body on drugs that cause her to believe people are in her hamper. Sad.

KRISTI THE LAWYER

TO EVERYONE WHO IS SAYING NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT FERGIE FOR ONE:
SHE WAS ON METH YEARS BEFORE SHE BECAME FAMOUS
1)I GIVE HER CREDIT FOR BEING HONEST ABOUT HER PAST ON THAT STUFF
2)METH IS A DRUG THAT IS HARD AS HELL TO GET OFF OF
3)I COMMEND HER FOR GETTING OFF THAT STUFF
4)AND UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO DRUGS SOMETIME IN YOUR LIFE DO NOT PASS JUDGEMENT. NOT MANY CELEBRITIES ARE WILLING TO TALK ABOUT THEIR TIME ON DRUGS AND BEING ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY BEAT IT AND LIVE TO TALK ABOUT IT.
LIKE I SAID BEFORE I COMMEND HER FOR GETTING THE HELP THAT SHE NEEDED TO GET OFF OF DRUGS. GOOD LUCK TO HER.

Beth

I don't understand how celebrities who are addicted to Meth like Fergie does not show the physical signs and symptoms of taking this drug! Usually, you can always tell who is using Meth from their rotting teeth and the sores on their faces! Are celebrities immune to the side effects of Meth, or what?

costaMesaboy

BETH,,,,,,,,,,meth is my favorite subject,,,,until completely gonzo,, it is usually easy to hide, she is athletic and talented,,,dancer, singer ect..The stuff can actually keep you in shape, 4 a bit, i have seen pictures of Fergie w-out make up, she is not that hot..NO OFFENSE..i jumped in the ocean, many morings before work, during my twenties & the salt water kept me looking healthy....NO ONE IS IMMUNE, EXPERIENCE COUNTS,,,BE CAREFULL..

Rosie the chauvinist

and these are people that the public admires?

Not me.

Rosie the chauvinist

and these are people the public admires?

Not me.

I'm glad for recovering addicts, but why were they so stupid and self-indulgent to start drugs in the first place? I know hundreds, thousands of people who have enough sense to never start drugs. They are the people I admire.

Someone who knows

If you have never been addicted to meth, you do not know how much hell she went through to kick the habit. Trust me, its not an easy drug to say no to after experienceing it first hand, even when you know deep down that its the DEVIL and you should stay away from it.
I have alot of respect for anybody who can break this terrible habit, as I have.
I never had open sores or rotting teeth, but then i was only on it for about 4 years and never picked at my skin like alot of addicts do.
I'd be proud of the fact I was able to kick the habit and tell my story also if I knew it would help even one person to get off of the stuff.

Cathy

Hey, Everybody,
Her meth addiction was a long time ago.....she's not addicted now.......give her a break....

olll

can she talk about anything else besides her meth addiction?

sbg629

Yeah..."she's been up in the gym just working on her fitness" huh? Who's her witness? It only takes a gram a day to look like that!

Matthew

she has the crackwhore look to her....

Josh Fan in Franklin, TN

She has two very good reasons for not going back on the Meth:
1. Her HOT multi-million $ career
2. Her smokin' HOT boyfriend, Josh Duhamel

If she went back on the s***, she'd prolly lose 'em both. That'd be enough to keep me on the straight n' narrow. Especially the Josh part. Flossy Floss, indeed!