Sheen to Sizemore: I Feel Your Pain

6/25/2007 3:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

What the hell was Martin Sheen doing in court for Tom Sizemore's sentencing today? Simple answer, really -- Tom's mom asked him to come.

After a judge sentenced Sizemore to 16 months in state prison for violating the terms of his probation, Sheen told reporters outside of Los Angeles County Superior Court that he identifies with Sizemore because he has, "experience with addiction in my own life and in my own family." And speaking of Charlie ... Martin added that Sizemore and Charlie are friends, and the only reason that Charlie didn't come to court with him today was because he's currently out of the country. Bummer.

Of course, a press conference regarding celebrities and addiction wouldn't be complete without an opinion on the Britneys and Lindsays of the world. Sheen's thoughts: "They ought to give thanks and praise that they're not facing more serious charges, like manslaughter."

steve Real

This is the height of cruelty.
If not just a plain evil act
by the court of California.

The State Government owns your body
in California.
The Nazi's like that policy too.
Your body belongs to the State,
in California fellas.

Seig Heil !
I'll were my jackboots
and my Nazi arm band
the next time I'm in Sacramento.

So the court punishes a man
who is already punishing himself with addiction.

Nice Job.

Who wrote this law?
Because this an evil law
with evil intentions.
There is no redeeming quality to this law at all.
It's regressive and immoral.

He wasn't doing anything
to anybody else.
Nothing.
Nada
Zilch.

So you take away his living,
his life,
and all for what?
For smoking meth ?
Is the California court cruel fellas or what?

All possibility of redemption is lost
when you put people in prison for addiction.
It's just as evil
as our American policy of torturing our war captives.

Wickedness
Witness the evil that men do to each other.

I'll pray for the Courts soul.

Good Luck Tom

Tom move out of California.
California is for the cruel and mean spirited.

Tangie

Help that poor bastard, Martin!

10 feet tall

i've always wanted to have the first comment on this damn blog......................maybe someday!!! wa wa wa wa wa wa wa

m

I guess he has nothing better to do!

Trina

Ooohh!!! You hear that Britney and Lindsay! You just got burned by Martin Sheen!

Isis

Good looking out Sheen......I hope Sizemore can make a comeback.....LEAVE THE DRUGS ALONE....PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZ.

tuna marie

before bitching about britney and lindsay, he should say the same about his own son.

huh

Martin is a STAND UP guy.

Anyone who mocks him for responding to a mothers' request has their own issues.

Go on....I dare you to look honestly at yourself in a mirror (whipe the coke/crack residue aside) and take a close look at who and what you are?/

Way to go Marty!!

M.Weissman

Bravo, Marty Sheen.......
You are not only a heck of an artist but, a heck of a man.....bravo.....you stand by your friends.....bravo.....

Nick B California

Martin is a stand up guy who has been touched by the effects of Alcoholism. He is a man of faith and and understadning. Hats off the him for being there to show support

Tangie

#7-nobody is insulting Martin!

Petite

Really, some of the best people to take advise from are the one's who have 'been there, done that'.

Martin Sheen is a stand-up guy who just wants to help.

Tangie

Hollywood boner----yeah, were all crackheads! Intelligent post.

tammie

I bet a lot of these Hollywood actors get tired of the press constantly asking them about Britney, Paris an Lindsay. They probably want to say who gives a crap but won't since it will be on the television. I do hope Tom comes out of this a better man and wish him the best.

ldh

I may not agree with him on all his political stances however he is definitely a good father and friend. I remember when he turned Charlie into the police and would not let him take an easy road. He gave him tough love when it was needed.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments