Wrestling Superstar Found Dead

6/25/2007 7:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE superstar Chris Benoit, 40, his wife Nancy and young son were found dead in their Atlanta home early this afternoon, this according to WWE.com.

No further details regarding the tragedy have been released. Benoit was scheduled to appear at a pay-per-view event last night ... WWE said that there was a "family emergency" that prevented him from being there.

Benoit, a former World Heavyweight Champ, wreaked havoc with his signature move, the "Crippler Crossface."

The incident comes on the heels of the shocking death of former WWE wrestler "Sensational" Sherri Martel, and the supposed "assassination" of WWE head honcho Vince McMahon. TMZ has learned that the WWE is scrapping all references to the McMahon death storyline on tonight's episode of "Raw.'

According to the official WWE website, tonight's "Raw" will serve as a tribute to the wrestling great.

Police are investigating the incident.

UPDATE: ABC News is reporting that the deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide.

John

As I look back on his life with tears in my eyes, I choose to remember the good times as I reach between my legs and gently massage my balls. When he was in the ring, he worked his magic and made my groin tingle with delight and made my winkie shift in my pants. Watching his finely oiled muscled body tumble around with other half-naked men in the ring was the height of sportsmanship to me. And, just because he killed his wife and kid doesn't make him a bad guy. It just adds to his mystique as a magnificent wrestling artist. His masterful talent as a WW wrestler will live on forever and be an inspiration to my nuts and balls, forever.

Melissa

Hey Bobbi... maybe bc they said on the news he killed them over the weekend then killed himself Monday... really, maybe you should read the news b4 you comment on it. And to the person who said something about them being shot... it says on the wwe website that they were NOT shot... not sure how official that is though.

Smart Man

69 for life

lucy

I was so upset when I found out what had happen to Chris and his family. But at around 11:50 pm the story had change, it has been said that it is no longer a murder mystery but more likely a Double Murder - suicide. I was sad for chris but if this true my feelings for him have change now I only feel sorry for his family I'm sorry but its the truth.

Keith

While everyone is going to call Chris Benoit a killer and a "roid" freak, many who actually watched him wrestle can say that he was one of the most technically proficient wrestlers of all time. To hear people describe him as a freak of roid rage is just totally disrespectful to his extended family who must deal with this tragedy. I think that vince McMcMahon showed great class by dropping the whole death gig as soon as they found out about the situation. All's I can say is that I was a great Chris Benoit fan and that he will be truely missed in my house, not only by me, but by my daughters as well. God speed Chris,Nancy AND Daniel

J Doe

carbon monoxide poisoning ??

kid

Look there is not a bigger wrestling fan than me!!!!!
But the outpouring of sadness that this guy is dead is disgusting.
He's a murderer.
Feel for the child and the mother of that child.

The hell with Benoit.

WWEfan

I agree with Bobbi #613 let's wait and see what the police find out before we make up our minds wait till all the facts come out BUT if he did kill them as sad as it all is i as a fan just want to remember Chris Benoit the wrestler who put on many great matches during his amazing career and his wife who performed under the name "Woman" who was a star in wrestling back in the day as well just keep the good memories but yes an all around sad day for wrestling fans and just a sad tragedy in general when i went on wwe.com and read it my jaw dropped to the floor i could not believe what i was reading and I also want to point out for all the negative talk Vince McMahon get's for always doing the wrong thing he did the right thing tonight by canceling RAW and making it a 3 hour tribute to Chris Benoit so my hat's off to Vince McMahon for truly doing the right thing

WayneBrady

I hope someone murders this John guy and his family

Jeff

I am just shocked! i cant believe it! It just blows me away to hear this! i more or less do not know what to say! one question i guess is why? He had quite a few reasons to live so it just makes me sad to see this happen. I hope they are wrong that he did this to his family i pray that he did not do it but it looks like he might of

lisa

My children and i have just found out about this tragic news, we are all huge fans and are deeply shocked our love goes out to the family and friends x

maggie_13

oh my God this is so shocking!! is this true?? hmmm, maybe other people are right... mass suicide...

Bullimia

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of top sport figures dying lately

Jdthedrunk

I find it hard to believe Benoit could do something like this. For all we know, the wife could have killed the kid, then herself. Benoit, being such a strong family man could have been so devestated by the sight of this, just killed himself.

Jason

Jdthedrunk

The medical examiner's timeline rules out any chance that Nancy killed Daniel. Nancy was killed sometime Saturday evening. and Daniel wasn't killed until Sanday morning.

Previous 15 Comments | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments