Wrestling Superstar Found Dead

6/25/2007 7:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE superstar Chris Benoit, 40, his wife Nancy and young son were found dead in their Atlanta home early this afternoon, this according to WWE.com.

No further details regarding the tragedy have been released. Benoit was scheduled to appear at a pay-per-view event last night ... WWE said that there was a "family emergency" that prevented him from being there.

Benoit, a former World Heavyweight Champ, wreaked havoc with his signature move, the "Crippler Crossface."

The incident comes on the heels of the shocking death of former WWE wrestler "Sensational" Sherri Martel, and the supposed "assassination" of WWE head honcho Vince McMahon. TMZ has learned that the WWE is scrapping all references to the McMahon death storyline on tonight's episode of "Raw.'

According to the official WWE website, tonight's "Raw" will serve as a tribute to the wrestling great.

Police are investigating the incident.

UPDATE: ABC News is reporting that the deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide.

John

I guess we will have to wait for the lab blood reports after the autopsies. My money says they find a boatload of steroids in his blood. By the way, if your family is sick, normally you take them to the ER. Normally, you don't go home and then wait for them to die and then kill yourself. This smells of a murder-suicide. Sorry, to burst your bubble over your "hero."

WhiskeyGirl76543

I'm thinking murder suicide also, I find it odd he wasnt at last nights PPV for a family emergency than this happens, time will tell, at least WWE seen ow tacky this whole story line was after 2 deaths and canceled it

Madeline

I do not watch wrestling so I do not know who he is. How very sad.

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

U must have a pig farm for this slob to go to!

FlBiker

Hopefully they will all die and go away.......

Tasha

What's the deal with these men murdering the whole family or the wife? Give me break!! If things that bad just walk away!

Nobody

Scott,

The guy was 5'11" 250 lbs with about 2% body fat. If you ever saw the guy "scuffle" you'd see veins the size of licorice sticks popping out of his muscles. Unfortunately, the wrestling business has no sanctioning or governing body so these guys take steriods, human growth hormones or any other performance enhancing drugs with impunity. Steriods were originally developed to help speed up the healing process but as we have seen over the last few decades they have been used and abused by people from all walks of life. I never knew the guy, only saw him on TV but having been around the block a few times I would have to say the guy was a user.

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

At least the boy lived a full life!

ROTFL!

FlBiker

So long, junkie. He will not be missed nor remembered.

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

Maybe he caught her cheating.If so she got what she deserved.Cheaters should be offED!

getalife

Damn!

kitty

There are alot of cold hearted people on this site. Exspecially when it comes to death. Everyone is saying murder suicide. Stop jumping the gun and pointing finger till the facts come out.

Nance

I hope it was an accident of some type...and not murder :(

Shawn

R.I.P. to Chris Benoit & his family...He was my Favorite wrestler..and i will truly miss him..my prayers go out to his remaining family. I hope this isn't murder-suicide..although its hard not to think that. I hope the real story comes out.

Kaylan ledbetter

oh my firdt its that eddie gerrio now its this